Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want off the ride now, release me from this prison Tesla.😂

I've tried all the usual techniques including

• Getting angry
  • Getting frustrated
  • Getting disappointed
  • Saying nice things about Mister Musk
  • Praying
  • Dreaming
  • Cursing
  • Crossing my fingers
  • Adding $3,000 worth of options to my original order
  • Helping old ladies cross the street

So far, all of these have only delayed my order. :)

I haven't tried a seance, bought an ouija board, or played Jumanji...yet.

I have been charging using the mobile charger for 4 years now. Licensed electrician put in NEMA 14-50 and correct breaker. I have had no issues.
As mentioned previously we have both a 14-50r outlet AND a Tesla Wall Charger but since we seem to be lacking any EVs to charge at the moment they are both shut off at the panel.

I like the idea of the flexibility of a NEMA 14-50 - I can hook up a level 2 charger if I need to or someone can use their version of a mobile connector whatever EV they are driving or, hey, even powering an RV for a bit. I have no clue how this will work in practice however.

Reactions: Skunis
I've tried all the usual techniques including

• Getting angry
  • Getting frustrated
  • Getting disappointed
  • Saying nice things about Mister Musk
  • Praying
  • Dreaming
  • Cursing
  • Crossing my fingers
  • Adding $3,000 worth of options to my original order
  • Helping old ladies cross the street

So far, all of these have only delayed my order. :)

I haven't tried a seance, bought an ouija board, or played Jumanji...yet.
I'm pretty sure I've gone through the 7 stages of grief at least two times. I'll have to dust off the ouija board and give it a shot!

I got updated today
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 5 - April 16
  • New Estimated Delivery:- April 6 - April 16
Pretty common. It’ll update daily within this window. Doesn’t mean you’ll get anything, however - mine did this in March and did it every day until the end of that window, then it just kicked to April.

Don’t put any stock in the EDD until you get a VIN. Save yourself some sanity 😂

In a couple of days, we'll be bumping the day that we'll know whether or not the Model Y continues to qualify for the tax credit. :)

That'll be the day that I finally relax after three months because I'll either: 1) No longer be in a hurry or 2) cancel my order and return to my regularly-scheduled programming. :D
Based on the Tesla website, I thought MY is guaranteed to keep the $7500 credit and M3 credit will be reduced. Do you know when they will update on the Fuel Economy site?

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Based on the Tesla website, I thought MY is guaranteed to keep the $7500 credit and M3 credit will be reduced. Do you know when they will update on the Fuel Economy site?
Tesla has most carefully NOT said that. They only thing they've said for sure is the M3 RWD will likely lose it. The other models they've really said nothing definitive about. Some people in the media are construing that to mean that the rest of the M3 and MY configs will keep it, and they may be right, but no one is 100% sure yet.

Reactions: zroger73 and imgcs
The agony continues...

MYLR5 MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24
EDD 5 (3/22): 3/31 - 4/14
EDD 6 (4/1): 4/1 - 4/13
EDD 7 (4/2): 4/2 - 4/13
EDD 8 (4/3): 4/3 - 4/13
EDD 9 (4/4): 4/4 - 4/13
EDD 10 (4/5): 4/5 - 4/14
EDD 11 (4/6): 4/6 - 4/15

So Cal (OC)

Since 4/1, EDD updates daily at 7am PST.

The agony continues...

MYLR5 MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24
EDD 5 (3/22): 3/31 - 4/14
EDD 6 (4/1): 4/1 - 4/13
EDD 7 (4/2): 4/2 - 4/13
EDD 8 (4/3): 4/3 - 4/13
EDD 9 (4/4): 4/4 - 4/13
EDD 10 (4/5): 4/5 - 4/14
EDD 11 (4/6): 4/6 - 4/15

So Cal (OC)

Since 4/1, EDD updates daily at 7am PST.
You must have been so stoked on EDD 5, only to have it slowly turn to agony.
I'm one of the people that are pretty sure I don't get text messages from them, so I always check the app and wonder what (if anything) I'm missing. I called them once and they said "yeah, we've sent you several text messages", this was shortly after I placed my order (1/27). I hadn't gotten any of those texts. While on the phone with them they send me some test texts and those worked fine, also initially got texts from the Tesla Advisor I talked to in the showroom. But since that call, not a peep. Got a VIN, nothing. So I'm wondering if they are trying to send me messages like "hey, would you be available tomorrow to pickup your car" haha

You must have been so stoked on EDD 5, only to have it slowly turn to agony.
I'm one of the people that are pretty sure I don't get text messages from them, so I always check the app and wonder what (if anything) I'm missing. I called them once and they said "yeah, we've sent you several text messages", this was shortly after I placed my order (1/27). I hadn't gotten any of those texts. While on the phone with them they send me some test texts and those worked fine, also initially got texts from the Tesla Advisor I talked to in the showroom. But since that call, not a peep. Got a VIN, nothing. So I'm wondering if they are trying to send me messages like "hey, would you be available tomorrow to pickup your car" haha
Yeah a continuously rolling EDD is seriously messed up. Your end range is still in April for now at least.

I cannot comprehend how a company can make an automobile that is able to drive itself with a minimal amount of human intervention, at a higher profit than any other automaker including those that have been around for over a hundred years, and transform a pasture in Texas into a facility that turns raw materials into finished automobiles every 45 seconds (just think about that for a minute) in 13 months, but cannot tell you when you'll receive one of their products even nearly three months after you order one. Truly astonishing. Imagine if Tesla's suppliers gave them the same estimates that Tesla gives to us!

I cannot comprehend how a company can make an automobile that is able to drive itself with a minimal amount of human intervention, at a higher profit than any other automaker including those that have been around for over a hundred years, and transform a pasture in Texas into a facility that turns raw materials into finished automobiles every 45 seconds (just think about that for a minute) in 13 months, but cannot tell you when you'll receive one of their products even nearly three months after you order one. Truly astonishing. Imagine if Tesla's suppliers gave them the same estimates that Tesla gives to us!
Ah, I see you have hit the anger stage, welcome back! 😆

It is not they cannot. They do not want to.
For me personally, and maybe zroger feels the same, what frustrates me the most is that damn "expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks" text. Had I not received that I would be fine waiting. But as soon as I got that text my expectations were exactly that, a VIN in 1-2 weeks. Now I'm going on week 5 into 6 since I received that text with no communication at all.