Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we took delivery of our MYLR W/B/19 (OD 1/23) yesterday. It was kinda bittersweet watching the guy from Tesla driving old RAV4EV away. I'm happy to report that my wife is very happy with the choice after driving it for a couple of days. She likes it so much better than my M3SR. I guess I didn't realize how much the sports car profile of the M3 bothered her. The higher perch and easier entry and exit makes a big difference in her book.

Austin seems to have a problem with putting their doors on even. In the past 4 months, I have rejected 2 model Y's, one a LRAWD out of Texas that had front passenger door that was misaligned top to bottom. This was replaced by my current LRAWD out of Freemont, perfect. The second reject was last month on a SRAWD out of Austin, this was going to be our 2nd MY. The second reject had a misaligned driver's side rear door, which was looked at by a Tesla tech at delivery. I was told that it would need to go to body shop to be corrected, No thanks, not on a 50k car, or for that matter ANY car. So we're currently waiting for our 2nd MY hoping it's from Freemont, but seriously thinking of cancelling the order. Tesla wants to pump these out and have the maybe unlucky recipient inspect and deal with these issues. I think I'm done. Sorry for the rant.

The panel gap is not as noticeable with the tint job but once seen, it's hard to unsee. Scheduled a service call for Friday. Any recent Austin builds without this issue? A reference photo I can use for Friday would be helpful...

Open questions:
1. I documented these issues via the Tesla app within the hour of accepting delivery with 19 miles on the vehicle. Am I supposed to send the vehicle into service with less than 100 miles?
2. If Tesla cannot fix said issues, are there any concessions I should expect (or not) or try to negotiate for? supercharge credits?

Attachments

• IMG_9814.jpeg
    IMG_9814.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9806.jpeg
    IMG_9806.jpeg
    526.6 KB · Views: 54
The panel gap is not as noticeable with the tint job but once seen, it's hard to unsee. Scheduled a service call for Friday. Any recent Austin builds without this issue? A reference photo I can use for Friday would be helpful...

Open questions:
1. I documented these issues via the Tesla app within the hour of accepting delivery with 19 miles on the vehicle. Am I supposed to send the vehicle into service with less than 100 miles?
2. If Tesla cannot fix said issues, are there any concessions I should expect (or not) or try to negotiate for? supercharge credits?
1. Has Tesla service given you a cost estimate yet? My friend documented all his issues in a Service ticket once he got home after picking up the car. He drove like 50 miles the first day and probably over 100 miles in the first week but was still given a cost estimate of $0 when he went for his Service appointment a week after pickup.
2. Lol unfortunately probably not. You already accepted delivery so now you own the car. If it was end of the quarter and they wanted to push you to accept the vehicle to increase their Q1 numbers, then maybe that could have possibly worked.

You can always talk to them and see how things go. Maybe they can give you something but it's highly unlikely. Also the cost estimate could have an amount but then it can turn out to be covered so $0.

Reactions: erktrek
My Order Agreement does not have the discount because initially our order exceeded 55K thanks to the tow hitch. Only the lower price is reflected in the order so we will have to change it at time of pickup. Don't really want to mess with things before that though...
Mine shows the 2k rebate (in the app) since they lowered the price.

Getting in the back of the Model Y line…

Ordered 4/4/2023
Model Y Performance
Deep Blue/White interior
5 seat

Looking over the thread I am not optimistic about the estimated delivery date shown on the app. 😔
Just know that you'll get a car at some point, but no one knows when. If you look at it that way, there's a lot less disappointment.