Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we ordered our vehicles already so should be okay right?
I think so; I can still see that sweet "-$2000" on my order page. Again, "Any eligible electric vehicles ordered, purchased or leased on or before the announced closing date will qualify for a rebate. Dealerships will have 14 days to submit paperwork after that date."

|We've purchased (I would think due to the $250 deposit) before the announced closing date.

Wow I didn't even expect that but I guess it makes sense with the surge of EVs now. Ever since the price drops, I see a Tesla very often in NJ now.

Do they get the similar funding for 2024-2025? I'm assuming NJ EV buyers will still not have to pay sales tax but losing the NJ state rebate sucks especially since Tesla will most probably reduce the M3 SR further once the federal tax credit is reduced (NJ rebate would be $4k off).
This was the announcement in 2022 for 2023. I'd think we're still waaaaay to early into 2023 for there to be any announcement for 2024.

Reactions: erktrek and rr_92
I got my vin this morning and the delivery day will be this Saturday. So excited. Any advice please? What exactly I need to check for the car?

• Order placed:- March 20 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- Apr - Jun 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 3 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 4 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 5 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 6 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 7 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 8 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 9 - April 18
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 10 - April 19
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 11 (VIN assigned)
  • Delivery day:- April 15
MYP or MYLP?

One tip

I got my VIN on 3/29 and delivery scheduled on 4/8. On 4/6 they rescheduled to 4/16 when I called (on 4/6) SA he said its in transit and expected to arrive end of the next week (4/14-15) and if we get sooner will call you.

Today again I called and ask the exact or last known location of my car and SA said its in transit and expected to arrive on weekend. when I ask specific location he said the location which is 31 miles from my place and original delivery location was 28 miles from my place. So I asked him can I pickup from the existing location and he said he will transfer to the new location and after 2 min got call from new location and delivery scheduled for Friday 4/14.

So if you have VIN assigned and it is taking time, your vehicle may be near you at another location waiting to deliver to your location which might be near (at least in my case).

Last edited:
Finally got my VIN earlier this evening and invite to schedule delivery. Although, original delivery location was Springfield, NJ but new location is now Princeton.
Earliest I could schedule was April 18th. Hope that doesn't impact the $7500 credit.
Hang in there my fellow NJ brethren.

Could anyone share their NJ financing experience. Do I need to submit my downpayment prior to the delivery date, or could I just take a cashier's check with me?

MYLR White/Black 19" No tow
OD: 1/23
Original EDD: 3/2-3/31 EDD2: 3/18-3/31 EDD3: 3/31-5/5 EDD4: 4/17-5/15; VIN assigned 4/12. DD scheduled for 4/18

Hi, honey - I'm home!

Just got back from Dallas with the new Model Y built in Austin on Friday.

There are two minor issues that I'll discuss tomorrow, but the overall fit and finish of this automobile are impressive for a company that has only been manufacturing automobiles for a fraction of the time that most other automakers have.

The 3 hours I spent in the car this evening made the last 3 months of waiting and suspense well worth it. This is an amazing machine.

He's recharging and I'm about to do the same. :)

1681354472072.png

Oparide, congrats on your order! I would suggest not listening to all the drama here. Yes, the EDD's can float quite a bit. But these are all first world problems despite what is being written in these forums. I ordered 1/17 and will receive my new Y around 4/19 so I know what it is like to wait. But guess what, while I waited, life went on. Enjoy the process, don't get cynical and before you know it your new Model Y will be in the garage....enjoy!

Chad

Just an FYI that might not apply to all here since not every state requires inspection. I was driving the car and realized it wasn't inspected. I was under the impression Tesla inspected the cars. I called Tesla service who informed me they are seen as a manufacturer distributer/service and don't do inspections. Never heard of a place that sells cars that doesn't inspect them? Tesla is apprently different in this regard.

It's a wonder I haven't been pulled over. I'll need to schedule an inspection with my local mechanic and frankly I'm concerned they won't be careful with the car. I am hyper concerned about scratches and marks on my new car. At my workplace I happened to pull up when the ground crew was there with the weed whackers. I had to move my car twice to avoid it being hit with a stone from some guy trimming the curb. They don't give a rats ass if a rock hits your car.

Oparide, congrats on your order! I would suggest not listening to all the drama here. Yes, the EDD's can float quite a bit. But these are all first world problems despite what is being written in these forums. I ordered 1/17 and will receive my new Y around 4/19 so I know what it is like to wait. But guess what, while I waited, life went on. Enjoy the process, don't get cynical and before you know it your new Model Y will be in the garage....enjoy!

Chad
This is good advice - would also add, forget about the EDD and assume the max delivery time on the range. You'll sleep a bit better.

For us who ordered in January it's been as @LetsGoElectric put it a bit of a rollercoaster. I think/hope with the Q1 shenanigans out of the way things will stabilize and the EDDs will in fact get more trustworthy. Hard to know since the most recent price drop AND the tax credits still being in place may generate a new wave of orders.

A big frustration is that Tesla essentially offers no communication as to the ongoing status of our orders - just the EDD changes. When the vehicle does finally show up then you are expected to take delivery within a very tight window or you get pushed back or possibly even cancelled. This makes it very hard to plan anything like a vacation or business trip for potentially MONTHs after ordering..

Just an FYI that might not apply to all here since not every state requires inspection. I was driving the car and realized it wasn't inspected. I was under the impression Tesla inspected the cars. I called Tesla service who informed me they are seen as a manufacturer distributer/service and don't do inspections. Never heard of a place that sells cars that doesn't inspect them? Tesla is apprently different in this regard.

It's a wonder I haven't been pulled over. I'll need to schedule an inspection with my local mechanic and frankly I'm concerned they won't be careful with the car. I am hyper concerned about scratches and marks on my new car. At my workplace I happened to pull up when the ground crew was there with the weed whackers. I had to move my car twice to avoid it being hit with a stone from some guy trimming the curb. They don't give a rats ass if a rock hits your car.
Yes, unfortunately, this is the deal in PA.

• Informative
Reactions: starise and erktrek