Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this, they will give you free online quote.

Marlboro is pretty far from me. Also, I know Marlboro and I guarantee they are overcharging.

I have a company from Princeton and one from Hightstown coming. My guess is Princeton company will charge more.

Reactions: cam1719 and imgcs
Has anyone with a EDD in May in NJ called their SA or SC to ask about the NJ rebate? As it is now showing on completed tasks and shows when looking into financing through Tesla, it makes me believe it will be there even after May 1st.

I also note that I see it on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement but only where it is line itemed at the bottom and states (if applicable).

Just no real communication. Not that there is ever with Tesla until they want your money. :)
Me too want to know 😁

I had a MYLR ordered in the configuration I wanted. There is an April 30 deadline for a state rebate and there was no way my car would be here in April. I saw a MYAWD in inventory, so I converted to that car on April 14, thinking I would get it in April. I just got the schedule delivery for it and the first available date was May 5, so I scheduled for May 5. So I won't get the state rebate.

At this point, I'd rather have a MYLR If I can have it within a month or so. If I see a MYLR I like in inventory, is there any way to switch to that new car without paying another $250 order fee. If not, I am assuming I can order it and cancel the scheduled one and just lose the $250. Is that correct? Thanks.

@johninor I think you are referring to our OCVRP rebate (to which the model Y is technically NOT eligible, but you may know something that I dont).

So assuming we "might" qualify and you want to make sure you lock-in on the purchase date of by 4/30/2023.
You need to open up your search on a LR into the state of WA, (and maybe ID as some vehicles in Boise Tesla CAN be registered in Oregon).
And I agree with you in that you should try to get a LR if you can, as the colder weather of PNW takes the EV range down a few notches.

You do need to be flexible and be willing to take on more options than you originally planned for. You may even consider the Performance Option or the 7 seater option. If the car is in SEA/TAC or ID, you need to be willing to "chase" the car and bring the car back home.

Using the aforementioned criterias, There are 22 Cars currently available in OR, WA and ID.

1682379776786.png

I hope this helps,

beewang

I was finally able to get a photo - I have the 4D1 .

View attachment 931549
According to the first post in that thread it's the hairpin motor!

@johninor I think you are referring to our OCVRP rebate (to which the model Y is technically NOT eligible, but you may know something that I dont).

So assuming we "might" qualify and you want to make sure you lock-in on the purchase date of by 4/30/2023.
You need to open up your search on a LR into the state of WA, (and maybe ID as some vehicles in Boise Tesla CAN be registered in Oregon).
And I agree with you in that you should try to get a LR if you can, as the colder weather of PNW takes the EV range down a few notches.

You do need to be flexible and be willing to take on more options than you originally planned for. You may even consider the Performance Option or the 7 seater option. If the car is in SEA/TAC or ID, you need to be willing to "chase" the car and bring the car back home.

Using the aforementioned criterias, There are 22 Cars currently available in OR, WA and ID.

View attachment 931545

I hope this helps,

beewang
Yes, the Oregon tax credit may not happen, but there is a chance if I take delivery by April 30. Because it may not happen, I am not willing to spend more money on stuff I don't want just for the hope that I will qualify for the credit.

But I don't understand how widening my search could possibly get me a car this week. Unless I misunderstand what you said, I already did what you suggested by picking a car from inventory two weeks ago. I just got to schedule delivery today and the earliest I could schedule was May 5, so I assume that if there is a way to pick another one from inventory, there is no way I could get it this week.

What I was asking was if I see a MYLR in inventory, is there a way for me to get that, since it is the model I prefer. I know it will come later, but I already am missing the deadline for the hypothetical state tax credit.

Yes, the Oregon tax credit may not happen, but there is a chance if I take delivery by April 30. Because it may not happen, I am not willing to spend more money on stuff I don't want just for the hope that I will qualify for the credit.

But I don't understand how widening my search could possibly get me a car this week. Unless I misunderstand what you said, I already did what you suggested by picking a car from inventory two weeks ago. I just got to schedule delivery today and the earliest I could schedule was May 5, so I assume that if there is a way to pick another one from inventory, there is no way I could get it this week.

What I was asking was if I see a MYLR in inventory, is there a way for me to get that, since it is the model I prefer. I know it will come later, but I already am missing the deadline for the hypothetical state tax credit.
Oh haha I see... Hey at this point I will just pick up the phone and call them and ask him where is your car realistically. They should be able to tell you where about the car is at

I don't really know, but I'm taking delivery tomorrow and using plaid (pay via the app). Today I clicked the button in the app to add an account, then selected my bank. It took me into my bank's app and the bank made it clear that it was not sharing my username/password with Plaid (or Tesla), and it was generating substitute account/routing numbers. So later when you go into your bank app, after you've paid for the car, you can disconnect Plaid/Tesla from having further access to your account information and they won't even know your real account number.

It said they can read balance as of the previous business day, and transactions (recent, including pending). So probably best to kick them out after you pay for the car. Especially after seeing the bit recently about Tesla getting sued for employees sharing people's videos, maybe data privacy needs a little work.

Anyway, after you go through that then the "add account" button changes to "Pay". I'm assuming I can just hit that button tomorrow after I inspect the car and decide to take delivery. I'll report back if it ends in disaster tomorrow 😅
@groenqueen @erktrek
It couldn't have been easier paying that way. No time wasted going to the bank or paying them for a cashier's check. Like I said above, I set it up the day before with account information. On delivery day after inspecting the car, just went on the app to that payment section and click the "Pay" button. It paid and then asked me about acceptance I think, which I just clicked "Accept" and then it assigned the car to my Tesla app on the phone. Done. As easy as you could ask for.

The money is still in my account. I suppose I could still transfer it elsewhere and flee the country 😅 but that would be a hassle too.

@groenqueen @erktrek
It couldn't have been easier paying that way. No time wasted going to the bank or paying them for a cashier's check. Like I said above, I set it up the day before with account information. On delivery day after inspecting the car, just went on the app to that payment section and click the "Pay" button. It paid and then asked me about acceptance I think, which I just clicked "Accept" and then it assigned the car to my Tesla app on the phone. Done. As easy as you could ask for.

The money is still in my account. I suppose I could still transfer it elsewhere and flee the country 😅 but that would be a hassle too.
Thanks, that's good info. My wife swears they will accept a regular check.. will verify tomorrow though.

Took delivery today. Austin built car was nearly perfect. I used the checklist at https://github.com/polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist though I didn't do 3-4 things like "Confirm wired charging works (2 x USB-C in front, 2 x USB-C in back)" or "Play a familiar track through the sound system", I figure that sort of stuff I'll find out and have it fixed if needed. Just checked all the exterior/interior cosmetic things you should right away so they fix them free.

The only thing I found was in the read passenger window weather stripping, it's slightly pulled away from the glass at the top. I included a picture of the guy's car next to me, his weather stripping was perfectly placed.
E6332EBA-15A1-4556-92A7-4D59B02B16C4.JPG
543C0257-E4A2-49B8-8482-E68A37E58FA1.JPG

Otherwise I couldn't find a thing wrong with it. No scratches, scuffs, or chips from the paint/glass. Panel gaps, roof, and glass alignment were all great to my eye.

Super happy with the whole experience. Very easy, zero pressure to hurry up with inspection (I was out there for a while with another guy comparing notes and chatting), and of course driving the car is just a blast! They did hesitate to unlock it before I paid, like it wasn't policy- but I was very polite and told them for this kind of money I need to make sure the doors all work smoothly and there's not any huge problems inside and they opened it up. Inspected for about an hour (a fair bit of that was talking, I'm chatty), paid with Plaid, signed a couple things, grabbed keys, bailed.

9E87E982-039C-4220-8408-A01CBEBA2F08.JPG

The black spots on it are bugs already :rolleyes: