Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks in NJ who have after 1May delivery date, I send email yesterday to get the paperwork, but no response yet. I sent a follow up email also texted the 510 number. Those who got response already, can you pls share time it took to get response and once more the email address which responded. Thanks

Hi folks in NJ who have after 1May delivery date, I send email yesterday to get the paperwork, but no response yet. I sent a follow up email also texted the 510 number. Those who got response already, can you pls share time it took to get response and once more the email address which responded. Thanks
I sent my email to [email protected] around 10am and they sent an email with their statement and the form to sign in a separate email around 5pm.

I stated in the email that I had my VIN and delivery date in early May and heard I needed to sign a form so that Tesla could submit it to NJ by May 1st.

I asked them to send me the form.

It could be a coincidence that they sent it but I doubt it.

Reactions: erktrek
I had a similar experience to @Skunis - sent a request in the morning and by 4:48 pm my wife got an email with the form. She went ahead and signed it and I sent it back (forgot her drivers license so sent that in a separate email). Could have been a coincidence that coincided with my wife scheduling pickup for May 2nd but dunno.

Reactions: Skunis
Which door is it and how bad?
Front passenger. Not bad, but a slight gap is noticeable from the side when you stand next to the car. Similar thread is here. Some users are suggesting that it is by design.

I spoke to Springfield customer service rep regarding NJ folks who are receiving cars after May 1st. He said that the rebate is not based on May 1st. It is based on order by April 17th. However, he can't confirm that everyone who ordered before April 17th will receive funds due to the fund availability. It is a right move to send emails to Tesla customer rebates.

Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
I spoke to Springfield customer service rep regarding NJ folks who are receiving cars after May 1st. He said that the rebate is not based on May 1st. It is based on order by April 17th. However, he can't confirm that everyone who ordered before April 17th will receive funds due to the fund availability. It is a right move to send emails to Tesla customer rebates.
The paperwork needs to be filed by Tesla by 9:00 pm May 1st... from the website:

As of 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, April 17th, 2023, Charge Up New Jersey stopped accepting new applications for electric vehicle rebates. All available funds for fiscal year 2022-23 have been expended by ordered, purchased or leased vehicles.

Dealerships and Showrooms will have until 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, May 1st, 2023, to submit applications for vehicles ordered, purchased or leased on or before April 17th, 2023.

Front passenger. Not bad, but a slight gap is noticeable from the side when you stand next to the car. Similar thread is here. Some users are suggesting that it is by design.
Interesting.

Anyone else have that. Is it just a design "feature"?

Congrats on getting the car!

Mine was an Ausin build too. Does the underside of your frunk lid have a gasket that helps to seal the frunk? I noticed other builds were missing this gasket and have octagonal shapes as part of the metal work underneath. My frunk hood has the gasket and looks to have been made slightly differently.
I don't believe I have the matrix headlights though.

Yes, there is a gasket that looks like it matches the opening of the frunk. No matrix lights either, but happy with the 4D1 motor.

Reactions: erktrek
I know it's been discussed before but just making sure that I can provide a cashier's check at the SC on delivery day to pay for my down payment.

I'm going to use financing through Tesla. Have not really found anything much lower.
I confirmed this yesterday with my SC that I can bring a cashiers check for my down payment. They actually recommended this over using Plaid. I'm in Illinois though so I don't know if NJ would be any different.

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis