Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to hear. I use them but they do not call it a certified check but something else. The fee schedule said $8. Guess I'll find out.
I don't know. They told me to rip up the check I brought to be certified as they don't do it any more. They debited my account for the bank check and there was no additional charge. You just go up to the teller and they take care of it. Mine congratulated me on my choice of a model Y.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
Arrived to the Paramus location right at my pickup time. Pickup was interesting; I had to walk the lot until I found the car. Everything was done in the app - there was NO human from the showroom who walked me through anything. I did have an issue where Plaid wasn't connected to my bank account even though I had already gone through the process. 5 tense minutes later, the car was paid for.

I did run the entire "external" potion of the github checklist before making payment and did not find anything wrong with the car. Once unlocked, I continued to run the remainder of the checklist and did not find anything wrong.

Overall, it's a great car.

As previously mentioned, Paramus told me that they no longer open the tow hitch cover as they were scratching too many of them and were forced to replace them. The person there recommended that I but they tools to open the cover (which, HEY TESLA, if they're telling me to buy them they should come standard) which I already have. They should arrive today (supposed to arrive Saturday but UPS lost the package) so I can confirm the hitch is there.

Thursday the car will be fully wrapped in a glossy PPF (and they're also doing the screen in a matte protector).

And now I wait to have the home charger installed - that's more waiting on my town to decide what they're going to do (I don't have off street parking) than anything else. Already started the paperwork with PSE&G and have the electrician (one that I normally use) coming out to start that paperwork with them.

Overall, a great car and a decent pick-up experience.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Pictures, as promised. PPF has not been applied in these photos. Found an empty parking lot while on my way to get the PPF applied, pulled over, and took some pictures quick (so I have "before" photos).

IMG_3115-hiddenplate - Copy (Large).JPG
IMG_3116 - Copy (Large).JPG
IMG_3117.-upload - Copy (Large).JPG
IMG_3118 - Copy (Large).JPG
IMG_3119-use - Copy (Large).JPG
IMG_3120-use - Copy (Large).JPG

Last edited:
So, what are we all going to do, besides enjoy our new cars, once this is all over and we are not posting on this thread? LOL!
I feel like I have made a few virtual friends on this forum and in this thread, in particular, during my past three-month journey while considering, ordering, waiting for, taking delivery of, and learning about my first Tesla. I've gained more knowledge about Tesla and their vehicles than I ever imagined.

I have been an automotive writer, administrator, moderator, and member of many automotive forums and groups over the years. Two vehicles I've owned and been most satisfied with out of dozens were a couple of Mazdas built in Japan - a 2019 MX-5 Miata (which I still have) and a 2020 CX-5. Both were solid, trouble-free vehicles with outstanding build quality - something that is particularly impressive for a convertible.

Largely, I have avoided being active in Mazda forums and groups after purchase and have wondered if that was a significant factor contributing to the joy of owning and driving those two automobiles.

One of my distant favorites was a 1995 Ford Probe. Coincidentally, Mazda engineered its engine, transmission, and chassis. I've owned more Hondas than any other brand and used to be a big GM nerd before that.

So far, I've enjoyed the exclusivity of owning a Tesla and EV in general - particularly here in Northeast Texas where they are still a rare sight at best and hated at worst. Considering the Model Y outsold Honda's best-selling model - the CR-V - last year, I expect to continue seeing more Teslas on the road. I've already seen more in the last two weeks than I've seen in the last ten years.

If Tesla continues their current trend and some of the industry experts like Sandy Munro are right, Teslas are going to become as or more common than the best-selling brands we've all been used to seeing over the past century - and some of those brands might not survive as we know them. For example, Honda's first EVs sold in the US (Honda Prologue and Acura ZDX) will be made by GM using their platforms. Honda has been getting really tight with GM and Sony in recent years - I think they focused too much on making great four-cylinder Accords and Civics for too long and underestimated electric vehicles which is leading to partnerships in order to stay relevant.

These are very interesting times in the automotive industry. I am certain that we are witnessing a monumental change in mainstream automobiles and how we use them. I can only imagine that some of today's sentiments are similar to those when we transitioned from horses and buggies to automobiles. These comparison photos that have been floating around in various places on the internet really stuck in my head.

2rohph498jh61.jpg

I feel like I have made a few virtual friends on this forum and in this thread, in particular, during my past three-month journey while considering, ordering, waiting for, taking delivery of, and learning about my first Tesla. I've gained more knowledge about Tesla and their vehicles than I ever imagined.

I have been an automotive writer, administrator, moderator, and member of many automotive forums and groups over the years. Two vehicles I've owned and been most satisfied with out of dozens were a couple of Mazdas built in Japan - a 2019 MX-5 Miata (which I still have) and a 2020 CX-5. Both were solid, trouble-free vehicles with outstanding build quality - something that is particularly impressive for a convertible.

Largely, I have avoided being active in Mazda forums and groups after purchase and have wondered if that was a significant factor contributing to the joy of owning and driving those two automobiles.

One of my distant favorites was a 1995 Ford Probe. Coincidentally, Mazda engineered its engine, transmission, and chassis. I've owned more Hondas than any other brand and used to be a big GM nerd before that.

So far, I've enjoyed the exclusivity of owning a Tesla and EV in general - particularly here in Northeast Texas where they are still a rare sight at best and hated at worst. Considering the Model Y outsold Honda's best-selling model - the CR-V - last year, I expect to continue seeing more Teslas on the road. I've already seen more in the last two weeks than I've seen in the last ten years.

If Tesla continues their current trend and some of the industry experts like Sandy Munro are right, Teslas are going to become as or more common than the best-selling brands we've all been used to seeing over the past century - and some of those brands might not survive as we know them. For example, Honda's first EVs sold in the US (Honda Prologue and Acura ZDX) will be made by GM using their platforms. Honda has been getting really tight with GM and Sony in recent years - I think they focused too much on making great four-cylinder Accords and Civics for too long and underestimated electric vehicles which is leading to partnerships in order to stay relevant.

These are very interesting times in the automotive industry. I am certain that we are witnessing a monumental change in mainstream automobiles and how we use them. I can only imagine that some of today's sentiments are similar to those when we transitioned from horses and buggies to automobiles. These comparison photos that have been floating around in various places on the internet really stuck in my head.

2rohph498jh61.jpg
Well said! I also really love that picture.. a very good visual representation of a before/after involving disruptive technology. We are witnessing not only disruptions in the auto industry but other areas as well with the advent of shockingly competent AI (not AGI ...yet). Super hard to predict where things are going but it won't be boring!!!

Well said! I also really love that picture.. a very good visual representation of a before/after involving disruptive technology. We are witnessing not only disruptions in the auto industry but other areas as well with the advent of shockingly competent AI (not AGI ...yet). Super hard to predict where things are going but it won't be boring!!!
Just submitted my loan application. Got approved in like 5 seconds. TD Bank with a rate of 5.49%. Not too shabby.

I've always been on the cutting edge of technology. I was building electronic projects when I was in kindergarten, had the first computer in my neighborhood when I was a teenager, one of the first handheld cell phones in my area in a time when most people had permanently-installed cell phones or "bag phones", and spent more time in Radio Shack than young Sheldon Cooper. My family had movie cameras in the 1950s. As an adult, part of my day job involves writing code for PLCs and my home is littered with smart speakers, smart thermostats, smart cameras, smart smoke detectors, smart doorbells, smart alarms, etc.

Despite all that, AI scares me. I am beginning to confuse chat bots with humans. It is increasingly difficult to distinguish human speech from synthesized speech. Even as a writer, I find it nearly impossible to determine if something was written by a human or AI. A co-worker recently asked me to proofread a business letter for him. I told him it sounded very professional and persuasive and should suit the purpose well. He then shared that it was written in a few seconds by AI. He said all the kids in school (including his) are using AI to write papers now - and that sent chills down my spine.

I'm a big X-Files fan and this is my favorite (and most frightening) episode of all time:

Just submitted my loan application. Got approved in like 5 seconds. TD Bank with a rate of 5.49%. Not too shabby.
I normally pay cash for automobiles these days, but I financed my previous one because it made more sense to do so at 0% APR. My how things have changed over the last two years!

First electrician just left. Because of the size of my conduit and that it goes under my patio that I am not pulling up, I can only fit one electric wire through that could be used for both chargers (wall connector and Nema 14-50). Best option is to put a 100amp subpanel. Only issue is I will not get the full 48a from the wall connector so it will basically be just a glorified Nema 14-50 but I will get the $1500 as the wall connector is a Level 2 with wifi.

Told me about $2500 but that was just off the top of his head.

See what the electrician coming tomorrow says.

I picked up tonight. All went smooth. A few minor items scheduled for mobile service but car was very nice. Drive home was very smooth. Will provide more details tomorrow. Lawrence NJ pickup.
Here are more details about our pickup. There were several other people picking up there cars late Wednesday but the wait to check in was only a few minutes. They unlocked the door remotely and we went to find our car. it was right in front with a little sign letting us know it was ours. Inspected the outside and found a few minor items (small scratch on headlight, a pimple size ding on near the wheel, and a couple of other minor items). Panel gaps were good (1 taillight could sit a little flusher, but only noticeable if you were looking for it ;) ). Inside of car was clean with everything looking as it should. No one came to help us with anything and we really didn't need them to. Staff was very friendly.

We went back inside to inform the SA with our findings and move forward. I had paid our balance with Plaid ahead of time and had the third party loan check to hand over. SA showed me how to open a service ticket with the items I had found. Mobile appointment scheduled for Monday. We signed a few papers and he handed over the "keys".

Pairing our phones as keys was very easy with the latest updated Tesla app. Didn't need to use the key card to do it. Took a few minutes to adjust things, setup the profile, and we were ready to go. Overall we were there about 40 minutes or so, with most of the time taken to check the car and then get familiar with it. Ride home was mostly highway and very smooth.

Now need to spend time understanding all the special settings to get it set the way we like it. Charger worked with no issues. Time to start putting in some accessories we have bought along the way.

Good luck to everyone.

I have been chatting through text with SA about our delivery. My current EDD is 5/6-5/13. Husband and I have back to back travels in this window, with only 5/11 both of us here. I asked if we could use Power of Attorney if one of us was not here when delivery happens and was told that MA does not allow it, but that we could always add the name of the second registrant afterwards. He said that car needs to be delivered by 5/6!!! So I asked when is the earliest, and he said they now have an ETA of 5/2. I leave on the 3rd, so crossing fingers that I could pick on the 2nd, although I doubt that the car will be ready for pick up. Otherwise, husband will pick up and add my name after I come back.

I have been chatting through text with SA about our delivery. My current EDD is 5/6-5/13. Husband and I have back to back travels in this window, with only 5/11 both of us here. I asked if we could use Power of Attorney if one of us was not here when delivery happens and was told that MA does not allow it, but that we could always add the name of the second registrant afterwards. He said that car needs to be delivered by 5/6!!! So I asked when is the earliest, and he said they now have an ETA of 5/2. I leave on the 3rd, so crossing fingers that I could pick on the 2nd, although I doubt that the car will be ready for pick up. Otherwise, husband will pick up and add my name after I come back.
Our EDDs are a day off, hopefully he's right and we can pick them up sooner than later!

🤞 ... my EDD has not changed since VIN assignment. I asked when I can expect a text to schedule delivery but no answer on that yet. Best of luck to both of us 🍀

I got the schedule delivery text on 4/22, 6 days before the 4/28 that I was told the vehicle is supposed to arrive. I'm surprised you haven't received one yet if it's arriving on 5/2, but I'd guess you should be getting that text this week.

It feels weirdly calm being in the gap after having a scheduled delivery. I still check my Tesla app once in the morning out of habit, but I don't know why cause there's no EDD anymore just the May 1 delivery appointment.

I got the schedule delivery text on 4/22, 6 days before the 4/28 that I was told the vehicle is supposed to arrive. I'm surprised you haven't received one yet if it's arriving on 5/2, but I'd guess you should be getting that text this week.

It feels weirdly calm being in the gap after having a scheduled delivery. I still check my Tesla app once in the morning out of habit, but I don't know why cause there's no EDD anymore just the May 1 delivery appointment.
Honestly, I have a hard time believing the texts ... a couple of days ago they said the ETA was the 6th. Today they said that I have to pick up by the 6th. All the while my window has remained as 6th-13th. So, trying to be patient (hah!) and wait for the text. It should arrive soon I hope!

Reactions: rjackey and Skunis