Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pay the same rate (currently about 11¢/kWh) around the clock. The rates vary slightly by season (cheapest in the Winter and highest in the Summer) and there are sometimes tiered rates. My utility company recently upgraded to "smart meters" that eliminated the need for drive-by meter readings and also allow near real-time usage statistics and remote (dis)/(re)connects. I suspect, however, this move is part of a plan to eventually introduce time and demand-based billing to their service area.

My Ridgeline averaged 21 MPG. At $3.20/gallon (87 octane), gasoline costs 15.2¢/mile.

My Miata averages 34 MPG. At $4.50/gallon (93 octane), gasoline costs 13.2¢/mile.

Electricity for the first 756 miles in my Model Y has cost 3.3¢/mile.

The most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered vehicle I ever owned was a Honda Grom motorcycle that averaged 106 MPG which is not much cheaper per mile than the Model Y at 3.0¢/mile. 🏍️
This time I looked at your location (TX); it would make sense that there's not time based billing as TX has a hard time keeping the power on at all. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: erktrek
Picked up my car yesterday. Car is perfect except for a few minor panel gaps and door flush issues. I will submit a service ticket. It took more than an hour to complete the entire process.

Tesla website is still showing
I have to ask anyone taking delivery recently….🤣

Is it a Fremont build with 75XXXX or 76XXXX VIN? Trying to watch VIN’s close to ours to watch for QC issues. Sounds like you got a good one! I hope everyone gets the same good quality fit and finish! 👍👍

Last edited:
Reactions: imgcs
Puddle lights installed this evening.

IMG_5485.jpg

I had a similar experience to @Skunis - sent a request in the morning and by 4:48 pm my wife got an email with the form. She went ahead and signed it and I sent it back (forgot her drivers license so sent that in a separate email). Could have been a coincidence that coincided with my wife scheduling pickup for May 2nd but dunno.
i don't know wht's wrong with my order, i sent email and another 2 follow ups in last 2 days, plus a text to 510 number. But so far no form etc. has been received, every passing day making me more nervous but risk of losing $2k, i hope tomorrow at least i get something

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
i don't know wht's wrong with my order, i sent email and another 2 follow ups in last 2 days, plus a text to 510 number. But so far no form etc. has been received, every passing day making me more nervous but risk of losing $2k, i hope tomorrow at least i get something
, I picked up myY on last Friday and $2000 incentive was not given . I have email tesla rebate center every day since Friday. You can Try to call local dealership office and tesla customer service , luckily I got a hold of both yesterday and I asked them to email the tesla rebate and CC me , and they did it for me , I got email back from tesla rebate within 1 hr. with application to submit .