Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First electrician just left. Because of the size of my conduit and that it goes under my patio that I am not pulling up, I can only fit one electric wire through that could be used for both chargers (wall connector and Nema 14-50). Best option is to put a 100amp subpanel. Only issue is I will not get the full 48a from the wall connector so it will basically be just a glorified Nema 14-50 but I will get the $1500 as the wall connector is a Level 2 with wifi.

Told me about $2500 but that was just off the top of his head.

See what the electrician coming tomorrow says.
Could you have them run an overhead wire? We have a conduit to our garage too but we just had the driveway re-surfaced and did not want to dig it up again.. here are some pics..

PXL_20230427_180418997.jpg
PXL_20230427_180445172.jpg

Also note the 14/50 charger in the 2nd pic in an outdoor housing.

I've been kicking around the $2K performance Upgrade. I came close a couple times, but had finally backed off the trigger.

I am putting that $$$$ back in my wallet and will be wasting it on my Cybertruk next 18 months :p

View attachment 932394

beewang
16 days and 837 miles later, I still haven't used the full travel of the right pedal. I may have briefly used about 70%. That's very unusual for me. A few days ago, I decided to try Chill mode and that's where it's been since. Compared to the gasoline-powered vehicles I've owned before, the Model Y is so responsive that Chill makes it easier to drive smoothly and discourages bad habits. :)

On paper and the drag strip, the Model Y is only slightly faster than the fastest vehicles I've ever owned (I've had multiple gasoline-powered vehicles with a 5.x-second 0-60 time), but because there's no engine to spin up and transmission to downshift, it feels much faster than the numbers suggest.

I like having the option to shave more than a half second off the 0-60 time, though - and $2,000 is a lot less than what it would cost to do in a gasoline-powered vehicle and there's no risk in losing warranty coverage.

Could you have them run an overhead wire? We have a conduit to our garage too but we just had the driveway re-surfaced and did not want to dig it up again.. here are some pics..

View attachment 932405View attachment 932406

Also note the 14/50 charger in the 2nd pic in an outdoor housing.
So we live in a townhouse and connected on each side. No real "corner" to have the electric go up and over and out of the way unfortunately.

Reactions: erktrek
Hi everyone

First post, but have been following this thread for awhile, thanks everyone for the useful comments and tips. So want to share update on our order:

OD: 1/14 (order was on hold until late Feb as we need to get the charging in our condo setup)
EDD 1: Mar 27-30
EDD 2: Apr 1-29 (updated mar 16)
EDD 3: May 16-Jun 27 (updated mar 22)
EDD 4: Jun 09-30 (updated apr 17)
EDD 5: Jul 08- Aug 19 (updated apr 25)

and then yesterday (apr 26) at around 7pm got the VIN assigned (PF771xxx)

today got the delivery schedule email. DD: May 7!!

Very excited for first EV. From vancouver, Canada :)

Thought I would warn everyone... So that you know this going in..
I am speculating there will be ANOTHER price drop. One should wait if you DON'T need a car now and see how this pans out.... Especially if you are the type that a price drop after your purchase bothers you, ALOT!

I wouldn't be surprised if there are further price cuts nor do I really care since I already have mine. ;) But, there must be a lot of vehicles in inventory that aren't listed because as of this post, there are 178 Model Ys listed in inventory - that's hours' worth - not days, weeks, or months. And, at least before the pandemic, a healthy number of days of inventory in the automobile industry was 60, so only 15 days (if that's actually accurate) seems pretty darn good me!

Thought I would warn everyone... So that you know this going in..
I am speculating there will be ANOTHER price drop. One should wait if you DON'T need a car now and see how this pans out.... Especially if you are the type that a price drop after your purchase bothers you, ALOT!

So those are mostly Model X's according to that article, a fairly respected "Tesla Bull" is saying inventory is low for Model Y's..

Does your spouse have a separate Tesla account? Can they see the order information in their app? My husband account does not show the order. Is there a way to link his account to mine?
My wife's account has all the order info and mine has none so I use her login on my phone - I suspect things will change (I'll get more stuff - not necessarily order info) once we take delivery.

I've been kicking around the $2K performance Upgrade. I came close a couple times, but had finally backed off the trigger.

I am putting that $$$$ back in my wallet and will be wasting it on my Cybertruk next 18 months :p

View attachment 932394

beewang
Anyone know if you can apply the acceleration boost upgrade to the Austin 4680 AWD variant? What vins are currently shipping out of Austin?