Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I caved in and did a factory reset. It was minimally disruptive: erased the mirror position and the scheduling of charging. But, it did the trick and now I have park assist. It still has to calibrate the cameras.
I really do not want to do a factory reset. It was hard enough setting it up with my wife once. I will see what they say at my appt. Still hoping for something better. Maybe the SC can back up the car do the reset and set it all back up.

I really do not want to do a factory reset. It was hard enough setting it up with my wife once. I will see what they say at my appt. Still hoping for something better. Maybe the SC can back up the car do the reset and set it all back up.
I really didn’t loose much while doing it. The seat and wheel stayed as set before and the Spotify account information was still there when finished. My husband is still a driver. He got a message in his app that the car was factory reset. Maybe there were some other changes but I did not notice/find them.

Reactions: Skunis and rjackey
update today May 17th - new EDD May 29 - June 5
VIN did not change

Trying to figure out what happened here, I got the VIN on May 4th
I managed to talk to a live human who works for Tesla today, he told me it is still in Texas, he couldn't confirm if it was built or still somewhere in production.

I know you can't trust reps and all, but I would rather that then it being damaged in transit and now awaiting repair.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
Ok so I caught a flash sale and bought the full car PPF kit from Drive Protected. I have a nice weekend project now (maybe a few weekends really), but looking forward to the reduced anxiety about rock chips, scratches, etc. (And hopefully a reduction in the future time I spend buffing out scratches when detailing!)

Got started today by removing the Tesla and Dual Motor emblems using heat gun, dental floss, and adhesive remover. Going to replace them with black ones later.

I'll share an update after making some more progress!

kUWGcTpxWpm0h-QgaTllHW9nZM50H5FW9FwkIsffTwUX0pqJBV8NJXf1H3yNfQpfaJs3bBwUs7l0A2NNGfH-ZDCBJpr4z5dE0jAWIlhdjKPa1zJL0P_txt5NCD6m5hw_sstkwQOoz3WjUee5rgy-wAprHXu_zzpNiP70uhBDSITRcPYJDgXluj55EntLjymiBDbDbxEYNTWoN-mKAvgcfJJWS8iAaR6Tt_Nw_MgMOF3oR-i9RGizuEhu_izQJ2NmHnbaN4KGFCoJgWY_jyXJmOz-iZkhiSCffqG__Rp_wD-cQcwWFtS8znt5nFGinCEa_pWM_MtbijQpUa7PzW6gGunWkHtdzPdP6qN9pw0wSqShZUY_jbBefN2V0llfzc2FmDdEDTK2oIvwCizBnNDVFT5awS7_np0S6-wx1OBLTbJlClMb1v-koH8TO7VqPa5BgVgxrpKr7D88iMCE5W0GrsGZ3AzMkrLqE0NgPZemHybXBxzkldJmlL683d0_hwwc3NwK4TBWRaitY4JJqgAudCNNyh9_sWrrUxgE8MJObswnMLXhSa4cFTDkN7v60gojxIcUwFeDzOazd8SlmKCk7nt-mLcW5ZC_r2tpojSYRn9nJ2s5eBOCcG3sK_pXrf4PMmIZKm-8GqoIuU0XLWli-khsiX-KbN_qw23GLdWwKFBbzG6wT5UvLdDLg5lAou4S_oe6E3VhBjm_mFpE-ZlvPbhGHSGKM4WK-KJN5-iRBQgDtaU9A6XKzAPxMofUYwuaq6dE06d6g0_dQzjY6QkfCGeKguGKowZfAtQzLfy7cQnXfgQEmBzs1ssRqYb7egrPZw2VNcaymC6_aiG-xBA7sGv4qFVnzCjCuHDva4BzpZmYAA62nPaq_ZO16-DdCJB3h2F5HUqFX-fAD45DMfqcB-OIzPHB6qIl7P1E7d4b44HwfA=w2074-h1561-s-no

I managed to talk to a live human who works for Tesla today, he told me it is still in Texas, he couldn't confirm if it was built or still somewhere in production.

I know you can't trust reps and all, but I would rather that then it being damaged in transit and now awaiting repair.
Well you did better than getting the technically correct but disingenuous company talking point: "We know what you know".

I really didn’t loose much while doing it. The seat and wheel stayed as set before and the Spotify account information was still there when finished. My husband is still a driver. He got a message in his app that the car was factory reset. Maybe there were some other changes but I did not notice/find them.
You did a factory reset? I am reading online that after a factory reset it really is wiped out to almost like it just left the factory floor.

This is what's happening with mine. After some transport delays, it finally arrived in town yesterday aaaaaaand promptly failed their pre-delivery inspection thanks to a large scratch on the rear hatch acquired during transport. Now I wait to see what the timeline is going to be to get that sorted out.

Reactions: Skunis
it seems everyone is getting excited, me included (cause it is something new). but really what function does this enable or improve?
At a minimum the camera resolution should be better, maybe you'll get HiDef radar in the front and future proofed for more FSD capabilities than the current generation of vehicles.

Would have been nice but happy with ours - no regrets 😢 .

Please ignore the dirt on the floor mat - that's embarrassing, but it's been several days since I've detailed the vehicle. The Tesmanian slip-on pedal covers arrived yesterday. The accelerator pedal cover was very easy to install. The brake pedal cover required a few attempts to get it to seat properly, but it finally went on even though my fingers are a bit sore today. :)

IMG_5585.JPG

So, all of a sudden, without any reset or any update, park assist just started working.

Pretty crazy or maybe not. Lol!
I suspect the AI system on the vehicle has to learn about it's specific environment including camera positions relative to everything else. There may have been some missing data points that the AI needed that were eventually filled in thanks to more usage..

I've noticed parking in our garage has gotten less alert bound but also we are getting more familiar with the whole EV process. Both sets of AI's (vehicle and us) are slowly getting trained it seems. 🤖

Moving right along with the Drive Protected PPF install this weekend. Took Friday off so now I'm 2 full days in and have finished everything except the bumpers, hatch, and rear quarters. It took half a day just to do all the steps wash and prep. It's coming out pretty nicely. It's definitely not perfect but the white paint is definitely forgiving with any mistakes. Also I de-badged my car for a cleaner install and plan to get black emblems later. Hoping to finish this weekend.

1685241526993.png

Had my service today. They replaced the window glass And now it is fine. As for the little scratch on the door, I wish they had not done anything. I think now it is even more noticeable. They offered painting the door (I would be without car for 2 weeks) or a complimentary annual service. I probably will pass on painting. I’m afraid of color mismatch, etc. They claim the annual service (tire rotation, checking brakes, etc) has a value of $600 :oops: