Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dispute Resolution - Ncds / Screen Defects / Anyone Ever Try This?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true. A Model X driver just received a favorable outcome through this process today (6/24). Search under the Model X section

Is it possible to go through arbitration but have an attorney represent you? f I go this route, I'd like an attorney to represent me so I don't get the runaround with BS.

As for now, I want Tesla to wrap up a successful quarter and do well but a time will come when I want this fixed with a clear screen -- not some BS firmware update or heavenly holy revival.

Reactions: neroden and Skipdd
Is it possible to go through arbitration but have an attorney represent you? f I go this route, I'd like an attorney to represent me so I don't get the runaround with BS.

As for now, I want Tesla to wrap up a successful quarter and do well but a time will come when I want this fixed with a clear screen -- not some BS firmware update or heavenly holy revival.

Would the out of pocket effect be negated though? I thought i saw quotes in the $1,200 range for replacement, how much do you think hiring an attorney would be?

Not true. A Model X driver just received a favorable outcome through this process today (6/24). Search under the Model X section

It's astounding (and sad) a customer had to go through arbitration to get fixed under warranty what is obviously a materials/workmanship defect.

Would this arbitration ruling set a precedent, so that other customers in a similar situation are also covered?

It's astounding (and sad) a customer had to go through arbitration to get fixed under warranty what is obviously a materials/workmanship defect.

Would this arbitration ruling set a precedent, so that other customers in a similar situation are also covered?
If you can get a copy of that ruling and show it to the arbitrator in your case then I don’t see why not.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
If you can get a copy of that ruling and show it to the arbitrator in your case then I don’t see why not.
I went through the process as well, assuming a favorable result (I should hear any day now), I will be posting the entire transcript in a new thread, including the same lawyer (Ryan Mccarthy) written response from Tesla, and details of all of their arguments. As well as their admission it is manufacturing issue.)(PII blanked out of course)

I went through the process as well, assuming a favorable result (I should hear any day now), I will be posting the entire transcript in a new thread, including the same lawyer (Ryan Mccarthy) written response from Tesla, and details of all of their arguments. As well as their admission it is manufacturing issue.)(PII blanked out of course)

Perfect, this is exactly the type of info I want to be armed with before going in. Looking forward to seeing your results!

What was your outcome? Will your defective screen be fixed?

So I'm going through NCDS arbitration now too. Pretty nervous about it. Haven't had my hearing yet. It's also going to be with Ryan McCarthy, who posted in his presentation to NCDS, some posts from this forum. So undoubtedly he's reading it.

Paladin, what was your outcome? Were you successful?

I'm getting the same story from them, "Doesn't impair the user going from A to B". They seem to say it doesn't affect the value of the car, too, which is mind boggling.

• Informative
So I'm going through NCDS arbitration now too. Pretty nervous about it. Haven't had my hearing yet. It's also going to be with Ryan McCarthy, who posted in his presentation to NCDS, some posts from this forum. So undoubtedly he's reading it.

The facts are on your side and precedent has been set with other arbitration cases. Just be honest and precise, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t get the same outcome as previous members have posted.

Elon took over as president of sales and service when John McNeil left. Apparently the VP of service left shortly after Elon took over McNeil's job too. So, what we are experiencing today is Elon's re-invented version of service.

Time for the board of directors to fire Elon from that job. He's clearly incompetent.

The arbitration is a joke.

First, you’re required to be there but Tesla is not and thus the process is done via conference call to Fremont.
And the arbitrator is not technically knowledgeable enough about EV and Tesla and so he/she will take whatever Tesla presented to him/her as the final say.

It’s a waste of time.

It was just suggested, by someone associated with Tesla, that I pursue the warranty dispute process regarding a battery replacement dispute Battery Replaced Under Warranty - 30+ miles below rated range rather than pursue arbitration through AAA (arbitration) since the warranty dispute process isn't binding and AAA (arbitration) is binding.

I just settled an arbitration dispute with Tesla in January, through binding arbitration, where it ended in my favor so I'm interested in any advice you can give me in moving forward. I will say that we never actually got to the arbitration process, Tesla just changed their position and agreed with my argument.

I know you can't say much, but any advice on which direction you would pursue and why would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Reactions: ACA Man
It was just suggested, by someone associated with Tesla, that I pursue the warranty dispute process regarding a battery replacement dispute Battery Replaced Under Warranty - 30+ miles below rated range rather than pursue arbitration through AAA (arbitration) since the warranty dispute process isn't binding and AAA (arbitration) is binding.

I just settled an arbitration dispute with Tesla in January, through binding arbitration, where it ended in my favor so I'm interested in any advice you can give me in moving forward. I will say that we never actually got to the arbitration process, Tesla just changed their position and agreed with my argument.

I know you can't say much, but any advice on which direction you would pursue and why would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Well, I guess since the ruling was in your favor then Tesla is required to meet your demand.

If I were you, I would ask Tesla in writing as to when they are going to do it.