Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Autosteer include lane change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
correction "Navigate on Autopilot" does not appear in my Autopilot menu

Because you dont have FSD.

Text from link above that is on teslas website, explaining the differences. You have "autopilot" as that comes with the car.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 6.22.04 PM.png
It’s on purpose so you get annoyed and pay for FSD to get it to work how it works on almost every other car.

In my Golf R I had, the lane assist would pause when I turn on the signal and automatically re-engage when the lane change is complete.
my 2010 Prius did the same... and it was one of the first L2 systems out at the time.

They surely could make it better at Tesla, but they need those incentives to justify FSD. Green light chime is another, that one has literally nothing to do with FSD, it's a driver alert, but it's only in the FSD package. shame, because so many cars now have similar features

Upvote 0
my 2010 Prius did the same... and it was one of the first L2 systems out at the time.

They surely could make it better at Tesla, but they need those incentives to justify FSD. Green light chime is another, that one has literally nothing to do with FSD, it's a driver alert, but it's only in the FSD package. shame, because so many cars now have similar features
What is green light chime ?

Upvote 0
I wish Tesla would offer some of the FSD features like “AUTO LANE CHANGE” as a stand alone OPTION like Performance Boost. Not sure what a FAIR PRICE would be, but if reasonable I’d buy it, ($199/mo is not the price point I’m comfortable with) but I’m not going to buy FSD but I would buy that.

C’mom Elon, take my money, this could be a CASH COW for Tesla.

Upvote 0
I wish Tesla would offer some of the FSD features like “AUTO LANE CHANGE” as a stand alone OPTION like Performance Boost. Not sure what a FAIR PRICE would be, but if reasonable I’d buy it, ($199/mo is not the price point I’m comfortable with) but I’m not going to buy FSD but I would buy that.

C’mom Elon, take my money, this could be a CASH COW for Tesla.
They did have EAP but got rid of it after FSD. They would hardly get any FSD takers if EAP was available again.

Upvote 0
I believe you would need to opt in and be accepted to the Beta program to get that feature. If you don't get in the Beta program you will eventually get that feature when they decide to push it to everyone. That could be a long while despite what Elon thinks.

In the screenshot up thread (post #5) that is the "Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)" feature.
No, you get the 'Navigate on Autopilot' highway feature without having to be in the beta. The beta is really the 'Autosteer on City Streets' feature. When you sign up for FSD, you get Summon, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, Navigate on AP, Autopark and Auto Lane Changes. Then you have to sign up for the beta and get a Safety Score and..... wait and wait....

Upvote 0
$12k? Hell no.

Especially on resale. Tesla and no other dealers are offering more because of it either. It’s all parlor tricks. Only useful thing is lane change.
No need to pay $12K. Pay $199/month, and you can cancel and restart as often as you like (no proration - you pay for a full month at a time).

Upvote 0
So I just got a 2022 Model Y, with FSD. I enabled all the FSD settings, but when I'm navigating on the parkway, it doesnt put on turn signal and get off on the proper exit. Is it supposed to do this? Thanks
Yes. It is supposed to get on ramp to the freeway, make lane changes, and get off ramp from the freeway. Please check your settings under Autopilot>Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)>Customize Navigate on Autopilot and make sure 'Enable At Start of Every Trip' is checked. When Autosteer is engaged by double tapping drive stalk, you would normally see two blue lanes on the display for your vehicle on local roads. While entering the ramp for freeway, it will change to "Navigate on Autopilot" showing a single blue line on the display.

When this option is not checked, it can be manually enabled during the drive by tapping the ramp icon next to the navigate button, it will then turn blue indicating it is on 'Navigate on Autopilot' mode.

And of course, we have to be using navigation for both options to work. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Stuart Watson
Upvote 0
No, you get the 'Navigate on Autopilot' highway feature without having to be in the beta. The beta is really the 'Autosteer on City Streets' feature. When you sign up for FSD, you get Summon, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, Navigate on AP, Autopark and Auto Lane Changes. Then you have to sign up for the beta and get a Safety Score and..... wait and wait....
Thanks for the correction. So it is just the City Street stuff that the Beta program gets you right now over and above the non-beta FSD?
Maybe I will add FSD...I would like the feature to stop at stop signs/lights on its own and change lanes/exit on its own. I believe I can still get the $10,600CAD option for FSD...that is a good price compared to the USD price. They have raised the CAD price but older orders seem to be able to option at the older price.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the correction. So it is just the City Street stuff that the Beta program gets you right now over and above the non-beta FSD?
Maybe I will add FSD...I would like the feature to stop at stop signs/lights on its own and change lanes/exit on its own. I believe I can still get the $10,600CAD option for FSD...that is a good price compared to the USD price. They have raised the CAD price but older orders seem to be able to option at the older price.
Yes, the beta is the Autosteer on City Streets feature. That's the on you have to wait.... and wait.... and wait.... for. I don't think they have let in anyone since the end of last year.

Upvote 0