Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t think much of these new stall designs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking the pull in spots like this can also help with Model x drivers that tow. They don't have to unhitch to charge. I mainly come across back in SC stalls. A few have been mostly back in with one pull in stall. Efficiency wise having cars pull in then being able to drive forward would be quickest. This is a simple case of lacking situational awareness.

But with Costco gas you have a choice. If you’re waiting in line you really have no one but yourself to blame.
With the supercharger I can blame the guy in an LR charging to 95%. Grrrrr....
Try visiting a Cumberland Farms. Discount gas (usually $0.50 off per gallon with a $1.00 off per gallon if you spend a certain amount a year) and every jackwagon leaves their car at the pump to go full on grocery shopping for the week. The line for gas would easily hit 45minutes to an hour on a Saturday. I hated that place with a passion of a thousand burning suns.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I'm thinking the pull in spots like this can also help with Model x drivers that tow. They don't have to unhitch to charge.
Any stall sited to support that would also have zero issue with parking as I did, and boy did people missing the satire, or for whatever reason, on here freak as you can see. ;) Well other than if mixing vehicle direction creates stall/pedestal mismatches, thus not able to use all stalls at once.

Really I find the use of this configuration for the Perry SC entirely baffling. That location is classic "in the corner of an immense lot without much parking near the SC itself", where you'll find back-ins plus at the end a single with the SC on the side for a trailer. There's more than one of these in West Texas. An example is one at Junction, TX.

Last edited:
It’s a desperation move only employed at Costco gas stations (and those who don’t know that their car tells you which side their filler is on with the arrow). You would not know, as you avoid them like the plague.
Or done by people that grew up with "fill side" on a car as a somewhat odd concept, so not tethered by such constraints in thinking.

rear-gas-cap.jpg

:)

As I said, it is possible local regulations on hose length, or choices made by the fuel chains in an area, might make doing this as issue. You also need to be fairly easy going about risk to your car's finish, as you are running the hose down the backside of the vehicle and angling the nozzle into the tank kinda weird. Assuming you don't drive a vintage vehicle as per above.

Last edited:
It's about $8-10 cheaper per tankfull for me compared to the nearest regular station to my house

Depends. When costco started selling diesel I started waiting. However when filling a 40 gallon tank, and a 22gal aux tank, the $20-40 savings are worth the 5-10 minutes of my life...sometimes.

Funny costco comes up..pretty much the ONLY gas stations where everyone is forced to pull forward and nobody has to back into a spot to fill up.....

Reactions: liuping
Picture request:
Your car at the Defuniak Springs FL Supercharger.
Here is the PlugShare link for Defuniak Springs. Follow the link to see the pix.

Short version:
  • All stalls nose-in
  • Angled parking
  • Very narrow stalls
  • Very narrow street. At least it's a side street
  • I have to drive up on the curb for the charge cable to reach my charge port (Model X)
  • Where ICE vehicles can whip around the corner and run into you before you can see them
  • Of course, no room for trailer

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert