Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pics and thoughts here if anyone needs even more info. Center Console Review | TESLA OWNER

Hard to tell color of stitching in your pics, but you did mention it was white. I spoke to SC parts department and he told me the stitching is not white but light grey.
I wonder if they changed the stitching color since you ordered yours.
I won't get one if it's white stitching, won't match my current stitching.

Hard to tell color of stitching in your pics, but you did mention it was white. I spoke to SC parts department and he told me the stitching is not white but light grey.
I have ready previously some place here on the forum about people coloring the stitching with dye to make it match their current stitching color. That might be an option for you if the color is a mismatch and you still want the console.

Interesting. I went and looked at the stitching and the pictures. The stitching could be called light grey (as in very light grey) or white. Because it is against the black faux-leather inside a dark car (black seats, black everywhere), it reads as high contrast. Whether it is white or light grey, I didn't get my SLR and check in photoshop, but I think it truly does look like the ones on my website. In that photo you can see the true white USB dongle, which is whiter than the light grey stitching.

Regardless because I have an older VIN, I would prefer the black stitching.

I still love having the console and sure don't miss my non-yacht floor!

The center console is sold out .. just when I wanted to buy it. Grrr.!!
So.... any other options besides the evannex? I had a chance to see the center console in person btw. It feels plasticky, not $650 like.
Sorta sad that such a nice car doesn't have a decent center console. It should be an option while ordering .. console or yacht floor.

The center console is sold out .. just when I wanted to buy it. Grrr.!!
So.... any other options besides the evannex? I had a chance to see the center console in person btw. It feels plasticky, not $650 like.
Sorta sad that such a nice car doesn't have a decent center console. It should be an option while ordering .. console or yacht floor.

The center console felt plasticky and you still want to order it? Or did you mean the Evannex felt plasticky? The Tesla one will be back in stock at some point, so that's really your only option if you don't want the Evannex (I don't either).

The center console felt plasticky and you still want to order it? Or did you mean the Evannex felt plasticky? The Tesla one will be back in stock at some point, so that's really your only option if you don't want the Evannex (I don't either).

I haven't seen the evannex in person, but I don't really like how it looks.
The Tesla center console felt plasticky. ... but .... if you wanta center console, its not like you have a choice!
There is some third company (forgot name) selling yet another center console, but they don't even have an online ordering page, and no information (except that it has NFC, god knows for what) - so I'm ruling that one out.

We love our Tesla CCI and we get compliments from other owners who do not have one. It looks great in the car! We just had it moved from the Tesla we have for sale to the newer Tesla. The other console company is Avantelle. They do have photos, videos and online ordering but it appears they only offer carbon fiber

All -

Thought there was a reason I didn't get the cancellation email.... I was approx. #350 on the waiting list and my choice was for Obeche Matte:

---------------
Dear Tesla Customer,

Thank you for your patience with the Premium Front Console. A small number of non-Piano Black consoles were produced that passed our quality checks and we are happy to provide you with the opportunity to purchase one of these consoles. We have included the link below for your convenience. There is a limit of one console per customer.

Please carefully select the correct décor and phone dock kit option from the drop-down menu on the product page. The iPhone option is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus, or we have a micro-USB option that is compatible with most Android phones where the charge port is located at the base of the phone.

To ensure timely processing, please also remember to include your VIN and select a Service Center location for installation from the drop-down menu on the Cart page. Orders that do not include this information will be delayed. Please note, this is a private link, so we ask that you do not share this link or email with others. Orders placed by those who were not contacted will be cancelled.
--------------------
Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 7.22.17 PM.png

Aaron

Last edited:
All -

Thought there was a reason I didn't get the cancellation email.... I was approx. #350 on the waiting list and my choice was for Obeche Matte:

---------------
Dear Tesla Customer,

Thank you for your patience with the Premium Front Console. A small number of non-Piano Black consoles were produced that passed our quality checks and we are happy to provide you with the opportunity to purchase one of these consoles. We have included the link below for your convenience. There is a limit of one console per customer.

Please carefully select the correct décor and phone dock kit option from the drop-down menu on the product page. The iPhone option is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus, or we have a micro-USB option that is compatible with most Android phones where the charge port is located at the base of the phone.

To ensure timely processing, please also remember to include your VIN and select a Service Center location for installation from the drop-down menu on the Cart page. Orders that do not include this information will be delayed. Please note, this is a private link, so we ask that you do not share this link or email with others. Orders placed by those who were not contacted will be cancelled.
--------------------
View attachment 82167

Aaron
I ordered the obeche matte console on Nov 30, 2013. I have not heard a word, no cancellation, nothing. This whole thing has been handled very poorly.

Update: Posted this at 3:10, got the dear john letter at 3:30. Appears they do monitor the TMC boards!

Last edited:
I've been a strong defender of Tesla on this debacle but no more. The company is not worth defending for the mess they've created. In fact, I'm now embarrassed that I defended TM for this screw up.

I received the dreaded notice today. The piano black was offered as a consolation prize. But when I tried to order the Piano black I got a message that they were sold out

Excuse my French but this is FUBAR at its best. This couldn't reflect worse on the management of Tesla Motors.

Below is my response. Of course when I sent the reply I got a message that the Tesla mailbox was full. I couldn't be more disappointed in how this was handled.

This goes from bad to worse by the minute. Those in management responsible should be held accountable for betraying the trust of loyal Tesla customers, and that's most of us.

This is the biggest Tesla mess I have ever seen. Last week I was told by Tesla that the carbon fiber version which I had reserved would be available by the end of the month (email below). Now this. And when I click on the purchase option in your email I learn that the piano black version is sold out.

This is mismanagement at its very best. I’ve been a defender of Telsa to the nth degree but Tesla Motors totally blew this one. How FUBAR can this be?

Richard A Hesel

Hello Mr. Hesel,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We hope to be able to provide you with a Carbon Fiber console shortly, however, they have not yet been released. While we still do not have a firm release date, our best guess would be that we will contact you towards the end of this month. You are approximately 45 on the list of customers waiting for the Carbon Fiber console.

If there is anything else we may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Krista

41ED972C-EB5D-462A-9284-2CD4AC84E66E

http://shop.teslamotors.com

p 510.896.6417 | e [email protected]

Last edited:
I've been a strong defender of Tesla on this debacle but no more. The company is not worth defending for the mess they've created. In fact, I'm now embarrassed that I defended TM for this screw up.

I received the dreaded notice today. The piano black was offered as a consolation prize. But when I tried to order the Piano black I got a message that they were sold out

Excuse my French but this is FUBAR at its best. This couldn't reflect worse on the management of Tesla Motors.

I'm not quoting your earlier dismissal to "rub it in", but more to shine light on the fact that many here dismiss the concerns of others in an off-hand way... Until those concerns are shared. A good reminder to try to see both sides of the coin before writing off the concerns of fellow forum members.

4395673365.png

I'm not quoting your earlier dismissal to "rub it in", but more to shine light on the fact that many here dismiss the concerns of others in an off-hand way... Until those concerns are shared. A good reminder to try to see both sides of the coin before writing off the concerns of fellow forum members.

View attachment 82498

As I said I'm embarrassed to have defended Tesla and dismissed others' criticisms. For that I apoligize.

Last edited: