Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP trial 2022? Will we get this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course the price (what you pay) isn’t always linked to the cost (what it costs to produce), specially with software. If you buy Office from Microsoft, which is typically download only nowadays, it doesn’t cost Microsoft anything extra for that additional license.

Otherwise we wouldn’t have to pay anything for EAP/FSD ever.
It costs Tesla nothing to offer this trial

Forgot how excruciatingly specific you need to be on the forum sometimes.

Reactions: Big_D
Elon probably wont stop handing out free sticks either.

BTW in order to get VICARIOUS pleasure beating Elon with a stick he would have to be a masochist who is enjoying the process otherwise its not vicarious its just pleasure
I thought that was the point. Elon leaves all these twitter headlines to get more stones throw at him and he enjoys that both as distraction and gratification. However people who are writing about it again has vicarious satisfaction, so works both ways - vicarious pleasure!

Anyhow thanks for the correction in relation to this context.

I thought that was the point. Elon leaves all these twitter headlines to get more stones throw at him and he enjoys that both as distraction and gratification. However people who are writing about it again has vicarious satisfaction, so works both ways - vicarious pleasure!

Anyhow thanks for the correction in relation to this context.
I’m always amazed at how many people know exactly what the Musk thinks. Problem is they reckon he thinks completely different things.

I can’t be certain, but I don’t think Musk is going to give the UK an EAP trial. But as I don’t know what he thinks I can’t be certain.

Why would the UK (and the USA for that matter) get a trial of EAP - as we know it's about to get the 'single stack' (was Tesla vision) implemented for a completely different experience.
We all get phantom braking, so why show that off?

The single stack in the USA is currently about 9 months overdue from musky's promise of "1 week to GA", which became "I didn't know it was so large a task, GA in a month"...

Last trial I had convinced me just how "emperor's New clothes" it all was as does the fact most loan card have it too (though cannot use summon etc) and it sucks on those too.

I'd also assume they would want to include Tesla vision before a trial? Timing - other than it being XMAS - seems odd.

Based on the responses to the last time they tried it it cost them a fair bit as people realized it wasn't worth anything like what they charge for it.
As mentioned upthread you effectively get 48 hours free trial when you buy it.

The 14 day trial put me off buying it, but I’d worked out it was hopeless within a couple of hours, I.e. I’d have cancelled a purchase within 48 hours.

Doubt I’m alone in this.

Many of the poor experiences from last trial, at least from the relatively useful bits, ie auto lane change, seemed to be down to user error/expectations possibly thinking that it would just work and not having enough time to actually learn how and when to use it.

Hopefully the longer trial will give more opportunities to learn what it can and cannot do and as importantly, when to use it and when not to.

I don’t think 2 weeks is enough for many let alone 48 hours.