Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP trial 2022? Will we get this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure the stock price has absolutely nothing to do with demand not matching supply, which may or may have something to do with the CEO revealing himself to be a bit of a knob.

All these incentives (for those outside of the US, who won’t benefit from that poorly named act) are just a huge coincidence.

Now do Rivian and Lucid.
I'll help:

1671820117443.png

And again 🙄

Why are you bringing up two manufacturers who have been around less than Tesla and who have absolutely zero presence outside of the US? It’s just weird.
Because you're suggesting a free trial of EAP must be due to Tesla being desperate for revenue as a result of Musk very publicly (mis)managing the TWTR takeover.

We're in the middle of a massive market sell off right now and for some reason you seem to think this is only impacting Tesla.

Incidentally, I just took out a 6 month free trial for apple music, news, games. I really hope that Apple aren't about to go bust too.

Apple have had trials for Apple Music since day dot, so it’s not news. Again, yet more whataboutery.

Tesla don’t do discounts and it’s unlike them to throw out goodies like a month of EAP and free Supercharging. Must be a huge coincidence and absolutely nothing to do with all the things I listed above. Meanwhile the stock price is nearly 69% compared to last year - maybe that was the plan all along since Musk loves that number 🙃

Apple have had trials for Apple Music since day dot, so it’s not news. Again, yet more whataboutery.

Tesla don’t do discounts and it’s unlike them to throw out goodies like a month of EAP and free Supercharging. Must be a huge coincidence and absolutely nothing to do with all the things I listed above. Meanwhile the stock price is nearly 69% compared to last year - maybe that was the plan all along since Musk loves that number 🙃
The entire auto industry is struggling globally. Tesla is not immune to it.

I had the trial last time round. My conclusion was that Auto Lane Change should be included in standard Autopilot and they can keep the rest. Too many other manufacturers can do lane assist, radar cruise control just as well as Tesla, if not better. As Tesla is famous for Autopilot, I reckon including auto lane change as standard could help put Autopilot back in front to a degree.

Perhaps the Musk read the results of the poll after the trial last year. Of those who responded not a single person decided to buy EAP and 12% of people who were going to buy it decided not to. So in effect the 14 day trial actually lost Tesla money because it put potential customers off. Maybe Musk has decided not to bother with the UK this year.

Reactions: thax1
Perhaps the Musk read the results of the poll after the trial last year. Of those who responded not a single person decided to buy EAP and 12% of people who were going to buy it decided not to. So in effect the 14 day trial actually lost Tesla money because it put potential customers off. Maybe Musk has decided not to bother with the UK this year.

I'd be amazed if a company the size of Tesla took note of that, and drew that conclusion. You're spot on that if they did, it'd make perfect sense. But if they did, perhaps they'd also go "hmm.... perhaps we should look at lowering the price". But hey, no idea really what goes inside the black box.

It costs Tesla literally nothing.
Of course the price (what you pay) isn’t always linked to the cost (what it costs to produce), specially with software. If you buy Office from Microsoft, which is typically download only nowadays, it doesn’t cost Microsoft anything extra for that additional license.

Otherwise we wouldn’t have to pay anything for EAP/FSD ever.

Because you're suggesting a free trial of EAP must be due to Tesla being desperate for revenue as a result of Musk very publicly (mis)managing the TWTR takeover.

We're in the middle of a massive market sell off right now and for some reason you seem to think this is only impacting Tesla.

Incidentally, I just took out a 6 month free trial for apple music, news, games. I really hope that Apple aren't about to go bust too.
I think some just want to write Tesla obituaries as soon as they see some market fluctuations. Elon isn’t going to go away, some just get vicarious pleasure beating Elon with a stick!

Reactions: Medved_77