Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so when FSD reaches the "10x safer than human" benchmark, do we think that is when Elon will say "tesla will be liable for any accidents caused by FSD"? I mean, at that point, why wouldnt he since it will be 10x safer? Show and prove...
No need since insurance companies will still insure you and as accident rates go down so will the premiums you pay while their profits will go up because of the lower payouts. Win, win for insurance companies since they can offer lower rates and higher profits.

Reactions: Phlier
Wait until you hear about the Nissan Leaf. It came out before the Model S and has sold twice as many units. :p
Did someone say Nissan Leaf ... ? I had two of them from 2011 to 2017 ....

That was truly the first mass produced EV (not GM Bolt like that lazy article claims).

ps : Nissan claimed they would sell 150k a year, established car & battery manufacturing plants in 3 continents .... but all the trouble they had with the battery meant they had to scale down their ambition. Ofcourse, then they got rid off Ghosn ....

Last edited:
Elon is on the case; we’ll have the new beta very soon now. Sadly the early beta folks don’t seem to understand (just from reading the comments) that one of the key things FSD Beta needs to be is much more aggressive (in addition to being more smooth and much more anticipatory to help reduce jerk). If you can see a few hundred yards ahead you need to act on that information.

Right now of course basic function seems to be an issue so I guess they start with that.

Confidence, not aggression.

I want all AVs to drive defensively, but confidently.
Of course. But driving “aggressively” is in this case a relative term (I said more aggressive, not aggressive), and would be required in order to give the impression (hopefully impression matches the reality) that the system is confident. And many drivers are dangerously timid and any system has to be more assertive than they might be comfortable with (sure make it configurable).

Defensive driving is definitely crucially important to reduce both not at-fault collisions and at-fault collisions, as I mentioned in my post. Not much evidence of that right now.

No matter what, none of this should be particularly noticeable to a passenger. Just perfectly smooth, assertive driving.

Last edited:
Of course. But driving “aggressively” is in this case a relative term (I said more aggressive, not aggressive), and would be required in order to give the impression (hopefully impression matches the reality) that the system is confident. And many drivers are dangerously timid and any system has to be more assertive than they might be comfortable with (sure make it configurable).

Defensive driving is definitely crucially important to reduce both not at-fault collisions and at-fault collisions, as I mentioned in my post. Not much evidence of that right now.

No matter what, none of this should be particularly noticeable to a passenger. Just perfectly smooth, assertive driving.
I know up it’s all just terminology … but aggressive driving is considered negative, assertive/confident is positive. We mean the same thing.

So sue him. Go get a lawyer, show them the documents and explain your dismay, and get the justice you deserve.

I'm not kidding around, make it happen.
I REALLY wish I could say more...REALLY do.
But I will just make a general statement

*DISCLAIMER: The following is not directed towards or about Tesla in any way. Its general info and not to be construed as legal advice in any way*

...depending on your state/jurisdiction/dollar limits of small claims court? No lawyer needed. Some large companies bank on the fact that most consumers are too lazy to fight back at all. (similiar to how less than 1% of people apply for rebates, which is why companies moved away from coupons). The same large companies know its often more expensive to have someone show up in court (especially small claims) to represent them, so its not uncommon for companies to contact you after you file a suit, offering to settle in full but with a NDA.

I REALLY wish I could say more...REALLY do.
But I will just make a general statement

*DISCLAIMER: The following is not directed towards or about Tesla in any way. Its general info and not to be construed as legal advice in any way*

...depending on your state/jurisdiction/dollar limits of small claims court? No lawyer needed. Some large companies bank on the fact that most consumers are too lazy to fight back at all. (similiar to how less than 1% of people apply for rebates, which is why companies moved away from coupons). The same large companies know its often more expensive to have someone show up in court (especially small claims) to represent them, so its not uncommon for companies to contact you after you file a suit, offering to settle in full but with a NDA.
Someone's in an NDA... 🤔