Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the stock price tweet is going to land him in regulatory trouble.
Doubtful, the recent SEC suit showed he still has first ammendment rights. Nothing in the tweet was material, it was stated as his opinion on the stock price.
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.501755/gov.uscourts.nysd.501755.47.0.pdf
SmartSelect_20200502-055343_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
SmartSelect_20200502-055411_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

“Essentially Immune” != “Immune”

There are going to be exceptions. Hence the word “essentially”.

Definition of essentially

: in essence : FUNDAMENTALLY —used to identify or stress the basic or essential character or nature of a person or thing or to say that a description is basically true or accurateHe's essentially a good man.
People with a platform and a following should not give advice as if they were health care professionals IMO. This is a new virus that we do not understand fully and it will take time to know how it acts. The full story is not yet revealed.

Besides, no one lost money if they didn’t sell. If you weren’t a day trader, in which case you made money, why would you have sold?
I don't believe that's the measure of influence on a stock price. There are a number of order types that might have been automatically triggered, day trader or not. Effectively, this argument could be used about any public statement about stock, including his original "funding secured" tweet. Once it became clear it wasn't legitimate, the price equalized. So "if you weren't a day trader" you'd be fine. But it doesn't really matter - what matters is whether public comments have material impact on the price.

Thankfully I've never been a TSLA investor, so none of this directly influences me.

Reactions: 1 person
Company financial condition ... to start.
I'm not a financier, but 'stock too high' from the head of the co. Carries more weight than John Smith stockholder's opinion. Worrisome.
I'm disappointed in his free Cali talk. Without a deadly virus, telling people to stay home would violate rights, however this is a public health emergency and our laws allow extraordinary measures. I guess some folks think they are superior beings who won't be touched by illness from covid.. Good luck with that! I'll tell the virus to stay away and I'm sure it will.
Everyone stay safe and stay healthy. 6 feet apart not 6 feet under.

What has Apple really done this last decade other than just upgrade the iPhone?

I like Tim Cook but really Apple seems quite stagnant. Hopefully that changes. And I own some AAPL.

They did come out with the Apple Watch, but that was shortly after Steve Jobs died. Tim Cook is a good manager, but he's not an innovator. He and Jobs worked very well as a team because Jobs had the ideas and Cook's talent was making sure they happened logistically.

They still make a good product. Their hardware reliability is hard to beat and the only company better at battery management than Apple is Tesla.

Just saw Elon and his wife's reasons for the name he gave Their baby. You made a mistake Elon the aircraft you wanted to name your baby after is the SR-71 and its sister the YF12 not the SR17 and the A16. I saw the article on MSN.com.

Just saw Elon and his wife's reasons for the name he gave Their baby. You made a mistake Elon the aircraft you wanted to name your baby after is the SR-71 and its sister the YF12 not the SR17 and the A16. I saw the article on MSN.com.

The first few SR-71s were called the A-12 and they were built for the CIA. The Air Force commissioned a fighter version of the A-12 called the YF-12 that never made it past the prototype stage. The Air Force later ordered their own A-12s with some modifications and called them SR-71s.

Though it's confusing because McDonnell Douglas also proposed an attack aircraft called the A-12 Avenger II that was canceled before the prototype was built.

I really feel sorry for that kid.

The first few SR-71s were called the A-12 and they were built for the CIA. The Air Force commissioned a fighter version of the A-12 called the YF-12 that never made it past the prototype stage. The Air Force later ordered their own A-12s with some modifications and called them SR-71s.

Though it's confusing because McDonnell Douglas also proposed an attack aircraft called the A-12 Avenger II that was canceled before the prototype was built.

I really feel sorry for that kid.

Meh. At least it’s a boy and not a name that could be considered a girls name or named after a fruit like apple. He will also be going to that special school and the son of a real life Tony Stark. He’ll do fine. Well...unless it turns out like the relationship between Tony Stark and his father in the comics.

From what I have read, it will be pronounced “Ash” and just use the AE.

Status
Not open for further replies.