Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s anti-Elon?

Poor Elon destroying his legacy with every tweet.
Oil, coal, some utilities, certain oil-dependent despots, media dependent on greenwashing, car adverts & more, renta-outrage who have no real interest in doing the right things and are using progressive messaging to gain power, fight solar usage & buy themselves more houses.

Unfortunately my fear is that otherwise kind, intelligent people are acting on genuine emotion (coming from a good place) prompted by targeted misdirection by bad actors.

There is a lot of innuendo but not much sitting back & thinking about motivations & reliability of information sources. It's mob behaviour that when analysed falls apart.

California Utilities Plan All Out War On Solar, Please Read And Help - California "war on solar"

Oil, coal, some utilities, certain oil-dependent despots, media dependent on greenwashing, car adverts & more, renta-outrage who have no real interest in doing the right things and are using progressive messaging to gain power, fight solar usage & buy themselves more houses.

Unfortunately my fear is that otherwise kind, intelligent people are acting on genuine emotion (coming from a good place) prompted by targeted misdirection by bad actors.

There is a lot of innuendo but not much sitting back & thinking about motivations & reliability of information sources. It's mob behaviour that when analysed falls apart.

California Utilities Plan All Out War On Solar, Please Read And Help - California "war on solar"

Elon isnt the only EV game in town anymore. Your “all out war” is being supported by Elon himself with his catering of Qanon and MAGA…. But yeah “all out War”

Now, with the solar issue, yeah WTF is California doing.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Based on vice report he isn't, no mention of Elon at all, just an experienced professional with a lengthy history in large organisations and a single tweet asking a small (probably previously unknown) group to talk after she was directly messaged/tweeted as a suggestion. Relying on Vice about Elon is like relying on Russian TV.... on many matters. Choosing reliable information sources is important. Those with a history of bias should be used with caution.

So that leaves other accusations that to me seem based on flimsy evidence. One I recall was based on ignorance of Alice in Wonderland & Monty Python but intimate knowledge of symbols used by fringe groups that l know little about and in my country mainly exist on private groups or advertised by unpleasant actors on Facebook. I wouldn't see them as I haven't got a profile that aligns with the advertising demographics being targeted. This happened extensively in 2016 when a subset of people were very cheaply targeted (bombarded more like) with lies, misrepresentation & bigoted nonsense. Most people including me never saw this onslaught of hate. It was a shock when the adverts became public knowledge, long after the adverts had taken effect.

Who wins from the current media-bias? That is the question that is most important to me & most useful to think about.
Blah blah blah

Attachments

• 81593A88-780A-4F95-B611-51C56E08DFD8.jpeg
    81593A88-780A-4F95-B611-51C56E08DFD8.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 53
It’s not paranoia when someone stalks your family, it’s normal behavioural human psychological response.

Elon made enemies everywhere by trolling every politician possible, a lot of lone wolf despise him. He is probably at the highest risk possible to be harmed right now with his Twitter acquisition, political comments and behaviour.

Elon Musk is probably the greatest engineer of our time but also an Asperger’s who doesn’t have a full grasp on the complex social interactions of the human species.
He's not an engineer. He's the world's luckiest project manager.

Too bad the CEO of that company disagrees and thinks a completely different company is where his money should go.

Elon isn't motivated by money. He sees threats to humanity, looks around to see if anyone is tackling them and if not & if he can, gets involved. Initially messages, later taking control.

The one thing you can't buy is time. He's 50+ now. Limited time, he needs to seize the day. New purchase's debt was a threat. Not now (I hope!).

He'll get around to hyperloop if can free up some time... or maybe The Boring Company are on track to achieve it anyway, Elon genius/input needed, but not today.

Reply doesn't include the stock graph... but I wanted to add balance

Buffett shares an example related to his farm in Nebraska.

"After all, if a moody fellow with a farm bordering my property yelled out a price every day to me at which he would either buy my farm or sell me his -- and those prices varied widely over short periods of time depending on his mental state -- how in the world could I be other than benefited by his erratic behavior?" Buffett writes. "If his daily shout-out was ridiculously low, and I had some spare cash, I would buy his farm. If the number he yelled was absurdly high, I could either sell to him or just go on farming."

Other versions available.

If I didn't have dependents, I'd sell my house, car and anything else & buy more TSLA. I can't. Life events/choices mean I am a net seller from here onwards unless I change plans dramatically. Options are hard in my country and sub-optimal tax-wise.

I'm not happy, but I look at Tesla (and Elon) and I'm not worried long term. I know many people are. I do have sympathy. What I don't like are name-calling without much basis. I'd prefer to go to the primary sources and not rely on commentary from people who I don't trust (motives, history, biases).

Elon spends a lot of time on his companies, a lot more than most CEOs & when he is working on Tesla, he's helping more in a few hours than most CEOs would in a year.

Elon isn't motivated by money. He sees threats to humanity, looks around to see if anyone is tackling them and if not & if he can, gets involved. Initially messages, later taking control.

The one thing you can't buy is time. He's 50+ now. Limited time, he needs to seize the day. New purchase's debt was a threat. Not now (I hope!).

He'll get around to hyperloop if can free up some time... or maybe The Boring Company are on track to achieve it anyway, Elon genius/input needed, but not today.
What a load of nonsense.

What a load of nonsense.
Which part?

Do you think Elon Musk is motivated by money?

1) Very much
2) Above average
3) Average
4) Below average
5) Not much

My contribution - source: Billionaire Elon Musk once kept his food spending to $1 a day

I've done the same on occasion.
“My threshold for existing was pretty low,” he tells Neil deGrasse Tyson in a 2015 interview on the podcast StarTalk. “So I figured I could be in some dingy apartment with my computer and be okay and not starve.”

The CEO of SpaceX and Tesla describes how, from a young age, he focused on things that would affect the future of humanity, like electric cars, solar power and sustainable consumption. So shortly after he moved to Canada from South Africa, he tried this experiment to figure out if could really live spending so little on food.

As it turned out, a $30 CAD monthly grocery budget proved sufficient.

“You sort of just buy food in bulk at the supermarket,” he says, though he admits that “you get really tired of hot dogs and oranges after a while.” Pasta and green peppers were staples of his, too.

Of course, this was a few decades back, and Musk warns against trying it at home. “I would not encourage anyone to live on $1 a day,” he tells Business Insider. “That would not be super fun. Also, I did this back in 1990, so a dollar went a lot further back then. Would be much harder to do that today.”

• Disagree
Reactions: patsfan02360
Status
Not open for further replies.