Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough: If my assumption is wrong, the conclusion might also be. But at some point an honest person admits their mistakes. The fact that Tesla is no longer offering a contractual promise that a car with "FSD" will someday actually be FSD, means they recognize that they were wrong. Yet, Tesla and Musk never apologized to early FSD buyers who were given that promise. It's never going to be possible to make my car full self-driving with a software update. Even though I didn't buy FSD, I was told that I could do so at any time, possibly at a higher price. Several hardware revisions later, it's clear that my car will never be capable of FSD, but there's been no apology or admission.

To be clear, it's the best car on the road and I plan on keeping it for another decade or so. But Tesla quietly and without fanfare changed the online description of FSD from "it can be a robotaxi" to "it can do NoAP in the city at Level 2 -- driver in full control at all times." And it cannot even do that very well! If Elon were honest he'd come right out and admit that and apologize. And perhaps offer a refund to the early FSD buyers.

They are definitely not economical yet. But $10,000 on top of a $50,000+ car for FSD which is still Level 2, is hardly economical either. The difference is that those other companies are not selling something that does not exist.

I would take a robotaxi operated by one of those other companies (except Uber) if they operated here. Even if I didn't need the ride, I'd pay for a ride just to experience it. If Tesla loaned me a car with "FSD" I think I'd be afraid to engage it. That's just me, but that's my assessment of the value of FSD at its present stage of development, and the companies that have functioning robotaxis. (OTOH, EAP is great, and for me it functions very well. There is one spot where I have to disengage it because the lines on the road confuse it.)
Fair opinion. Just noticed the Greta quote, touched something in me when I first saw/heard it.

In my country we won't get FSD for a long time (I guess). Instead we have to make do with Autopilot / Enhanced Autopilot (not all features allowed).

On the plus side we get robots delivering food all over the place including chilled bottles of wine, groceries, McDonalds & birthday cakes to the park or homes. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that years ago. They ask us to press the button at pedestrian crossings. Kids (used to, too common now) followed them from shops, pressing crossing buttons & seeing if they could confuse them/make them go around them. Now they're just part of the environment.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Why am I not surprised that Elon is supporting a sporting event built by slave labor? When I bought my Roadster in 2011 I actually believed he was trying to make the world a better place by creating electric transportation. I really don't know if he's changed all that much, or if it was all an act to begin with, as some folks I know believe.

Why am I not surprised that Elon is supporting a sporting event built by slave labor? When I bought my Roadster in 2011 I actually believed he was trying to make the world a better place by creating electric transportation. I really don't know if he's changed all that much, or if it was all an act to begin with, as some folks I know believe.

I think he believed in it at the start. I've seen him try to act, he's a terrible actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.