Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Elon a Jew?

Elon said that this is his garage:

bg04garage.jpg

On the right frame of the garage door i see something that looks to me as a "Mezuzah".

Just curious.

So it turns out the answer is "no" Elon is not a jew.

From the recent Forbes life article:

Elon is Hebrew for “oak tree,” although Musk’s family comes from Pennsylvania Dutch stock, not Jewish

The house, he tells me, is leased.

At Home With Elon Musk: The (Soon-to-Be) Bachelor Billionaire - Forbes

I couldn’t help noticing, in the video with Craig Venter, Chairman Musk announcing that Einstein said that the most powerful force in the universe is compound interest.

A few years ago a not very bright guy made that absurd claim on Martin’s old blog. I found an article by a physicist who did considerable research to conclude that there’s no evidence that Einstein ever said anything like that. There is, however, a lot of evidence that many such false claims were made about Einstein and other famous people on a variety of other absurd topics. Today I found a site called quoteinvestigator.com with this take: Compound Interest Is Mans Greatest Invention | Quote Investigator

My favorite variation is “Einstein said that the most powerful force in the universe is the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe.

The Giving Pledge Signs On 12 More Wealthy Americans Including Tesla's Elon Musk And Home Depot's Arthur Blank

Twelve more of America’s wealthiest individuals and families have signed onto the Giving Pledge, bringing the total number of signatories to 81. Among the most notable are Home Depot co-founder Arthur Blank, Tesla’s Elon Musk, Silicon Valley venture capitalist Michael Moritz and Manhattan hedge fund mogul Bill Ackman. “The gap between rich and poor in America is growing,” said Blank, “Philanthropy alone cannot repair all of the social injustice in our country or the world. It can, however, inspire good will, spark innovation and provide thought leadership.”

The Giving Pledge was initiated by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates, the world’s two most generous individuals as measured by the sums both have given away to date, in June 2010.

What's he worth?

I am confused ... if you believe "Revenge" you get the impression that Musk spent down to the last, what, $?? million before going public and getting the DOE loan?

Now this article on SpaceX reveals we have a new Billionaire in the room?
I'm going to take a wild guess: He put the last of his cash into Tesla to keep it from failing. But his net worth includes the value of all the stock he owns in all three companies, plus whatever else he owns. Just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.