Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In case anyone isn't taking the time to read the article, the headline makes it sound like Musk's wife is initiating this action, but the following excerpt from the article makes it pretty clear the divorce is a mutual decision:

"The divorce is amicable and the pair agreed that Riley would file the petition to end their latest marriage after roughly 2 ½ years. According to the statement, Musk and Riley have been living separately for the past six months and plan to remain friends."

A great (and telling) Elon quote from the Ashlee Vance book:

I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.

He should date one of the hot engineers or other employees at SpaceX or Tesla. Only a lady that truly understands his mission and shares his incredible passion will work in my opinion.

I wish him the best and hope, for societies sake, that there's a lady out there willing to sacrifice with him and bring him happiness and in doing so make herself happy too.

He should date one of the hot engineers or other employees at SpaceX or Tesla. Only a lady that truly understands his mission and shares his incredible passion will work in my opinion.

I wish him the best and hope, for societies sake, that there's a lady out there willing to sacrifice with him and bring him happiness and in doing so make herself happy too.

That would likely involve Musk hitting on subordinates.

Bad idea. Worse Idea in California.

Stick to actresses and models.

Or peers in the tech world( small female pool of attractive single tech executives)

Or anyone outside his employee pool.

BTW I think Bill Gates is/was too much of a geek to hit on VP of Microsoft Melinda Gates. She in all likelihood hit on him.

That would likely involve Musk hitting on subordinates.

Bad idea. Worse Idea in California.

Stick to actresses and models.

Or peers in the tech world( small female pool of attractive single tech executives)

Or anyone outside his employee pool.

BTW I think Bill Gates is/was too much of a geek to hit on VP of Microsoft Melinda Gates. She in all likelihood hit on him.
Peers in the tech world....Bonnie! :p

Nope.

From "Business Insider:"

The first time Bill Gates asked Melinda Gates out on a date, she turned him down
--
Bill and Melinda Gates first met in 1987, shortly after Melinda was hired as a product manager at Microsoft.

A few months later, Bill asked her out on a date.

"You know I was thinking maybe we could go out — if you give me your phone number — maybe two weeks from tonight," Bill said, according to an interview Melinda gave with AOL's Makers site.

"And I said to him, 'Two weeks from tonight? I have no idea what I'm doing two weeks from tonight.' And I said, 'You're not spontaneous enough for me.'"

But Bill wasn't ready to give up just yet.

"He called an hour later and said, 'Is this spontaneous enough for you?'" Melinda told Makers.

She agreed to the date. They were married in a secret ceremony on the island of Lanai on January 1, 1994, after seven years of dating.

The couple has two daughters and a son together. Their work with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has included everything from eradicating diseases across the world to developing sources of food for impoverished people.

Reactions: ohmman
Well Elon has stated that he wants kids to continue his legacy. He compared it to the Ford family, where the company would be passed on the kids. At least I recall him saying this years ago.

Elon has said some pretty obnoxious things about smart people are the ones who should have lots of kids. I couldn't find the quote but I distinctly remember it being widely reported (pre Model S days).

Elon has said some pretty obnoxious things about smart people are the ones who should have lots of kids. I couldn't find the quote but I distinctly remember it being widely reported (pre Model S days).
I've often pondered what the world would look like if every baby (M&F) was reversibly sterilized at birth... and in order to have kids, the prospective couple had to pass some basic tests to show that they: A) have enough common sense to raise a child, and; B) have the basic financial means to do it themselves and not rely on others to do it for them. And they should probably have to pee in a cup too...

I'm not advocating the idea, but it's interesting to ponder what society would look like after a few generations. One could argue that we're Darwin'ing ourselves, based on the number of babies born into different segments of society.

Elon seems to have an interest in pop culture... maybe he's taken the lyrics "been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding" to heart... ;-)

I've often pondered what the world would look like if every baby (M&F) was reversibly sterilized at birth... and in order to have kids, the prospective couple had to pass some basic tests to show that they: A) have enough common sense to raise a child, and; B) have the basic financial means to do it themselves and not rely on others to do it for them. And they should probably have to pee in a cup too...

I'm not advocating the idea, but it's interesting to ponder what society would look like after a few generations. One could argue that we're Darwin'ing ourselves, based on the number of babies born into different segments of society.

Elon seems to have an interest in pop culture... maybe he's taken the lyrics "been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding" to heart... ;-)

Look up the quote "Three generations of imbeciles is enough."

Reactions: beeeerock
Status
Not open for further replies.