Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found Elon in my crossword puzzle yesterday!

IMG_2757.jpg

Downloaded ok but the resolution of the YouTube file is very low. Looks fine on small screen but not on big screen. Anyone here know where a higher resolution version of the video can be downloaded?

I don't for sure, but wanted to tell you that you can install ClickToPlugin as a Safari extension. It will allow you to download YouTube (and most other) videos. You can also force them into Apple's native player for AirPlay, if desired. On top of all of that, it blocks videos from playing automatically (if you wish).

Tesla Motors was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning who financed the company until the Series A round of funding.[SUP][31][/SUP] Both men played active roles in the company's early development prior to Elon Musk's involvement.[SUP][32][/SUP][SUP][33][/SUP] Musk led the Series A round of investment in February 2004, joining Tesla's board of directors as its chairman. Tesla's primary goal was to commercialize electric vehicles, starting with a premium sports car aimed at early adopters and then moving as rapidly as possible into more mainstream vehicles, including sedans and affordable compacts.[SUP][34][/SUP]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Motors#History

If I recall correctly, Elon published a white paper about Hyperloop and is relying on other entities to develop it. (Understandable, given that his existing workload would probably destroy most people.)

I do like the sentiment though; this is a whole lot more useful than complaining about how bad trains are.

BTW, I suspect this thread actually belongs in Tesla Motors, if not Off-Topic.

Good message. It can use a lot of cleaning up (like he didn't actually do anything as stated except maybe 1 or 2 items), but they can be worded accurately, truthfully, in non-misleading ways, and still say positive things that get the same message across. I think it would be more powerful that way because then it would be (1) true and (2) give an honest perspective on what's possible (the fact that he didn't actually do all of the above shows that his efforts were useful nonetheless in some of those items).

If I recall correctly, Elon published a white paper about Hyperloop and is relying on other entities to develop it. (Understandable, given that his existing workload would probably destroy most people.)

Elon is doing more than that. Space X is building a test track and hosting a student competition for the best pod design. There was a lot of news coverage last week when MIT won the first round for best pod design.

You can check out THIS video until Elon starts talking and then switch to the longer video below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the clarifications. I thought about posting a few but was more moved by the thought than the details. We really do need more people like him who look for solutions rather than complain about how things are.

Reminiscent of Robert Kennedy's “There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”

Don't worry, give it 5-10 years when the companies are a success. The details will be forgotten and your poster will be gospel.:wink:
Considering how few people realize there's an issue with it now, I'd say you don't need to wait.

Any time I tell people that Elon didn't found Tesla they always look at me funny, I don't think I've had anyone believe me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.