Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you think it’s acceptable for Vern to tell Musk and the entire team of SpaceX volunteers to take their efforts and shove it up their anus?

Musk took on offense for a whole team. Should he have said what he did? No? Was his response relatable? Absolutely.

It wasn’t relatable to most people. Condemnation was widespread. But some are less emotionally mature than others.

• Disagree
Reactions: bro1999 and AWDtsla
It wasn’t relatable to most people. Condemnation was widespread. But some are less emotionally mature than others.

It’s only not relatable if you were biased towards the most negative interpretation possible and never bothered to figure out the “details”.

Base understanding: Attention whore Elon Musk throws a fit when he is denied the chance to steal credit from the divers.

Detailed understanding: Musk engages after being asked to help and Musk in turn engages entire teams to develop a response. Musk and team spend their own money and time to build, test and fly something to Thailand - while critics did literally nothing but take shots on Musk and his team. Not figuratively nothing - literally nothing.

AOL usage was widespread - not like those people really knew how the internet worked.

Virtue signaling.

For real. Every nasty comment directed at Musk better have been proceeded by a donation to the rescue efforts.

What kind of miserable human being would be hateful on Musk regardless of the regretability of what he said - which was provoked.

He tried to do something in a world where people are just thankful for positive thoughts.

And you think it’s acceptable for Vern to tell Musk and the entire team of SpaceX volunteers to take their efforts and shove it up their anus?

Musk took on offense for a whole team. Should he have said what he did? No? Was his response relatable? Absolutely.

He never said that. Just like some of you insist Elon never called him a pedophile.

A relevant watch.

• Disagree
Reactions: MXWing
Being 100% neutral is impossible.
Show me a completely neutral like Switzerland poster on here.
There's a spectrum of bias. Being completely neutral isn't a requirement, but as we've discussed before, being consistently on the negative side of the spectrum and posting on an enthusiast board can qualify as trolling. There are consequences to that behavior.

I know you implemented a snippiness thread over on the Bolt forum. So maybe you're just here for our good ideas. ;)

There's a spectrum of bias. Being completely neutral isn't a requirement, but as we've discussed before, being consistently on the negative side of the spectrum and posting on an enthusiast board can qualify as trolling. There are consequences to that behavior.

I know you implemented a snippiness thread over on the Bolt forum. So maybe you're just here for our good ideas. ;)

Hey, I even said as much! Got lots of good info about EVSE installations on here. It led me to become a Tesla (UMC) owner. ;)

Being 100% neutral is impossible.
Show me a completely neutral like Switzerland poster on here.
However a clear negative bias also can become apparent after sufficient posting. In addition, an attempt to stir manure up tends to indicate not just an outlook, but an agenda.

So while I don't think it's likely deserved, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't realize the overall tone of your posts and the reputation you've earned.. but now that you've been banned here (an addition to being banned on an enthusiast board for your OWN make of car), you have opportunity to gain some perspective about how you are perceived.

If you are genuinely participating only for the reasons you mentioned, this will surely be reflected in the change of tone in your future posts. Should you continue to troll folks here, no longer is the excuse of "I didn't realize" available...

I look forward to your constructive dialog here...

He never said that. Just like some of you insist Elon never called him a pedophile.

A relevant watch.

What does shove it where it hurts mean then? An expression of endearment that is lost culturally on Americans and South Africans?

Yes Elon called him a pedo and doubled down on it.

You and @MauryDann are irrational Elon haters incapable of structured debate. Can you imagine a professional debate where in lieu of coherent counterpoints you just had a loud disagree buzzer you just held down continuously?

Remind me again @bro1999 and @MauryDann what you guys did for the Thai rescue mission again? I’m sure I missed it in one of the threads.

Personally, I did nothing so I know better than just to virtue signal because I hate someone just for breathing.

However a clear negative bias also can become apparent after sufficient posting. In addition, an attempt to stir manure up tends to indicate not just an outlook, but an agenda.

So while I don't think it's likely deserved, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't realize the overall tone of your posts and the reputation you've earned.. but now that you've been banned here (an addition to being banned on an enthusiast board for your OWN make of car), you have opportunity to gain some perspective about how you are perceived.

If you are genuinely participating only for the reasons you mentioned, this will surely be reflected in the change of tone in your future posts. Should you continue to troll folks here, no longer is the excuse of "I didn't realize" available...

I look forward to your constructive dialog here...

Mental illness can explain and excuse some behaviors.

It’s not meant to be an insult but I’m running out of rational explanations for inexplcitly irrational behaviors.

If I didn’t own a Bolt but decided to spend a significant time of my existence on a Bolt forum criticizing Bolts constantly - my mental state or at the very least my motivations would be rightful questioned.

Icing on the cake would be constantly disparaging Mary Barra for EVERYTHING she says and does.

What does shove it where it hurts mean then? An expression of endearment that is lost culturally on Americans and South Africans?

Yes Elon called him a pedo and doubled down on it.

You and @MauryDann are irrational Elon haters incapable of structured debate. Can you imagine a professional debate where in lieu of coherent counterpoints you just had a loud disagree buzzer you just held down continuously?

Remind me again @bro1999 and @MauryDann what you guys did for the Thai rescue mission again? I’m sure I missed it in one of the threads.

Personally, I did nothing so I know better than just to virtue signal because I hate someone just for breathing.

Obviously someone didn't watch the video. :rolleyes:

I love it when people pull out the holier than thou card and, in the midst of a debate, get flustered and start tossing out the incredibly irrational "so-and-so did *insert feat*....when's the last time you did *insert feat*, huh???" argument. Like if none of us Average Joes launched a car into space or started a multi billion dollar company, we are worthless and can't possibly levy any criticism against the person that performed such feats. "Oh, you hate POTUS? Well when's the last time you were President of the free world, loser!"

But I digress. Carry on and continue your posts of labeling people haters and calling us mentally ill because people like me don't glorify Elon and Tesla with every keystroke. I guess that kind of behavior is encouraged on this forum, right @ohmman ?

Reactions: MauryDann

It’s not meant to be an insult but I’m running out of rational explanations for inexplcitly irrational behaviors.

If I didn’t own a Bolt but decided to spend a significant time of my existence on a Bolt forum criticizing Bolts constantly - my mental state or at the very least my motivations would be rightful questioned.

Icing on the cake would be constantly disparaging Mary Barra for EVERYTHING she says and does.

You wouldn’t be able to do that. I’m sure @bro1999 would put the ban hammer down on you before you knew it.;)

Last edited:

Oh, quite a few of those Mary/GM basher types on here. You must not be paying attention very closely.

You wouldn’t be able to do that. I’m sure @bro1999 would ban you long before it got to that stage.;)

I encourage him to join the Chevybolt forum! As long as he doesn't lob personal attacks and hateful speak like he does on here, he'd be good over there. There are several diehard TSLA heads over at the Bolt forum, and none of those guys have been banned or even moderated. Maybe they are just more respectful than the posters over here. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann and EinSV
I encourage him to join the Chevybolt forum! As long as he doesn't lob personal attacks and hateful speak like he does on here, he'd be good over there. There are several diehard TSLA heads over at the Bolt forum, and none of those guys have been banned or even moderated. Maybe they are just more respectful than the posters over here. ;)
I think my participation there is indicative of a respectful way to enjoy a different enthusiasts’ forum. That is to say, I read but never post anything.

Obviously someone didn't watch the video. :rolleyes:

I love it when people pull out the holier than thou card and, in the midst of a debate, get flustered and start tossing out the incredibly irrational "so-and-so did *insert feat*....when's the last time you did *insert feat*, huh???" argument. Like if none of us Average Joes launched a car into space or started a multi billion dollar company, we are worthless and can't possibly levy any criticism against the person that performed such feats. "Oh, you hate POTUS? Well when's the last time you were President of the free world, loser!"

But I digress. Carry on and continue your posts of labeling people haters and calling us mentally ill because people like me don't glorify Elon and Tesla with every keystroke. I guess that kind of behavior is encouraged on this forum, right @ohmman ?

OBVIOUSLY Musk didn't watch the video either before he responded to Vern. ;) Don't be dense. Anyone in America or South Africa would be seeing Red after hearing what Vern said. Full stop.

Not *once* did I talk about Musk's other accomplishments because it was not relevant to the main point at hand. Musk and his TEAM, TEAM, TEAM set aside whatever they would normally be doing (launching cars into space could be one of the possibilities).
The point is at BEST - Musk and Team deserves credit for trying to help. At worst, Musk and Team deserve five minutes of STFU time from their incessant critics.

I'm not asking you to glorify Tesla and Elon with every stroke. No one is. Just asking you to take a hard look at yourself on why everything Elon and Tesla triggers an irrational hatred.

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann
Status
Not open for further replies.