Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And some people loved it because it gave them “license” to screech at their fellow man without fear of catching a can of whoop ass.

Would not recommend, but a positive note to the whole ordeal was revealing who would have turned you in to the Stasi.
It's always helpful when public health officials get compared to communist-era East German secret police. that tracks.

or... he amplifies Russian propaganda while shedding brand equity and net worth as fast as possible... really.. is he going to lose Tesla over this? How much stock can he sell.. how long before the shareholders and/or the board steps in?

After his purchase of Twitter, the talk was about how Elon was going to destroy Twitter. Instead, he’s destroying Tesla as a brand. Twitter will do just fine since its business model is based on engagement and people love to be outraged. Tesla benefited from an inflated valuation in part by the belief in Musk’s competence. Sone of us bought our Teslas despite the public, childish antics of Musk because we saw the company itself as competent and forward-facing.

Clearly the timing of musk’s public coming out party as a troll has been terrible. He’s made himself the face of the worst of Twitter just as other carmakers have begun to actually produce EVs. He’s done it just after Tesla rose their prices like mad, which already pushed their cars out of range for a lot of families, and just as more public chargers have been installed, making the supercharger network less important. It doesn’t help that Tesla is also charging significantly more to charge per kWh than everyone else.

It is remarkable how many people defend his Twitter behavior, but then it’s clear that a not insignificant percentage of people relish in being impolite, rude, and generally boorish, I suppose because it makes them feel better about themselves, or perhaps helps them stave off their fear of death. What a way to live your one, short life.

After his purchase of Twitter, the talk was about how Elon was going to destroy Twitter. Instead, he’s destroying Tesla as a brand. Twitter will do just fine since its business model is based on engagement and people love to be outraged. Tesla benefited from an inflated valuation in part by the belief in Musk’s competence. Sone of us bought our Teslas despite the public, childish antics of Musk because we saw the company itself as competent and forward-facing.

Clearly the timing of musk’s public coming out party as a troll has been terrible. He’s made himself the face of the worst of Twitter just as other carmakers have begun to actually produce EVs. He’s done it just after Tesla rose their prices like mad, which already pushed their cars out of range for a lot of families, and just as more public chargers have been installed, making the supercharger network less important. It doesn’t help that Tesla is also charging significantly more to charge per kWh than everyone else.

It is remarkable how many people defend his Twitter behavior, but then it’s clear that a not insignificant percentage of people relish in being impolite, rude, and generally boorish, I suppose because it makes them feel better about themselves, or perhaps helps them stave off their fear of death. What a way to live your one, short life.
Agree with one exception. Like most social media companies or media platforms in general, the revenue comes from advertising. At Twitter, prior to acquisition, that was 91% of what kept the lights on. The combination of overpaying for Twitter and subsequently driving away your advertisers has the double effect for Musk of lighting $44B on fire while torching your equity stake in Tesla at the same time. Brand equity for Twitter and Tesla is falling through the floor. I don't even know the word for this kind of self-immolation.

here's a 2023 prediction. Twitter is forced into bankruptcy and Musk is out at Tesla. Discuss.

Musk is the same person who said this would be over by April 2020.

I don’t see what Fauci has to gain with being a criminal but whatever

I don't understand the above.

Fauci had the impossible job of leading the nation's response to a deadly pandemic while working for a president who denied the science and promoted quack nostrums, and while half the nation didn't believe there even was a virus, and many believed it was caused by 5G radio waves and that the vaccine contained a microchip.

Without Fauci the death toll in the United States probably would have been double what it was or more. If we'd had the president who won the popular vote, rather the one who won the electoral college, the death toll probably would have been half what it was, and if Americans had not been turned against science itself by idiots with talk shows and other loonies, it probably would have been ten percent of what it was.

I don't understand the above.

Fauci had the impossible job of leading the nation's response to a deadly pandemic while working for a president who denied the science and promoted quack nostrums, and while half the nation didn't believe there even was a virus, and many believed it was caused by 5G radio waves and that the vaccine contained a microchip.

Without Fauci the death toll in the United States probably would have been double what it was or more. If we'd had the president who won the popular vote, rather the one who won the electoral college, the death toll probably would have been half what it was, and if Americans had not been turned against science itself by idiots with talk shows and other loonies, it probably would have been ten percent of what it was.
but her emails!!!!!!

AA15JcxJ.jpg

This was his latest tweet, I said it before and I will say it again. he needs to go

View attachment 889776
This was his latest tweet, I said it before and I will say it again. he needs to go
Musk is the biggest laughingstock on planet Earth. No one in recent memory has suffered more ridicule. Or lost more money. He has tarnished Tesla's reputation, perhaps beyond repair, and decimated the company's value. And he screwed every Tesla owner and shareholder while making a mockery of himself.

Last edited:
Musk is the biggest laughingstock on planet Earth. No one in recent memory has suffered more ridicule. Or lost more money. He has tarnished Tesla's reputation, perhaps beyond repair, and decimated the company's value. And he screwed every Tesla owner and shareholder while making a mockery of himself.
Well, he did finally make the shorts a fortune. I’m sure that wasn’t the plan, but….

I think a lot of people would wish he'd only decimated the company's value.

I keep reading about "the whole market is down bro" in regard to Tesla stock, so I compared Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, and BMW just to get an idea of where we are at over the past year.

View attachment 889980
One of those companies had about a 100% YOY increase in sales, as well. The others either sold less vehicles or had a marginal (7%) increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.