Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just posted about the new $7500 discount on the deal-hunting forum SlickDeals and, sadly, felt the need to add this disclaimer right from the start. The breadth and depth of the brand damage we've witnessed in recent weeks is stunning.

1671693435285.png

I find it comical that so many sycophants on TMC call Musk, Elon, as if they actually believe they know him. :rolleyes:

It is common to refer to some famous people by their first name, especially when that name is uncommon enough that there's no ambiguity as to who's being referenced. I sometimes refer to Tesla's CEO as "Elon" even though I am so far from being a sycophant that I regard him as an embarrassment.

Elon, Reeve, Musk, are all names unique enough to refer to him but I try to use his first name to avoid the respect that "Mr. Musk" might imply.
I don't read anything into the use of "Elon" . It's just a shorthand notation that saves typing. "Full self driving beta" got reduced to "FSD beta" and then to "FSD b" . People hate to type extra characters.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
That's a bit over the top. Battery technology improvements and dropping solar/wind costs are the driving factors. Without those Elon couldn't do much. Plus we are a long way off from "solving climate change".
Solar and wind require batteries. What percentage of batteries come from tech that hasn't come from autos. Auto batteries would barely exist without Mr Musk from Los Anglesles (or however the locals spell it).

Climate is a solved problem - just execution.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Sort of OT , but not entirely ("Elon is fixing the climate!!!!") Passenger EVs will not solve anything. They are great, and the right thing to do, but battery production should be prioritized for EV busses and micro mobility (including bikes and NEVs), if we really want to electrify as much transportation as possible in the next 8 years. That's a window we need to hit to actually keep the planet habitable, in a way that we can reasonably react to (less moving out of coastal cities, keep the food chain going).

If we magically switched all new car sales to EV today, it would take 20 years to replace the fleet, assuming no one ever bought a used ICE again.

That won't happen. It will be 40 years, at best. Passenger EVs are a fun thing to do, but won't actually solve anything.

Look around. Basically everyone is still driving ICE cars. EVs are in their infancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.