Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading about "the whole market is down bro" in regard to Tesla stock, so I compared Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, and BMW just to get an idea of where we are at over the past year.

The whole market is down. TSLA is down a LOT more.

Elon isn't 100% responsible for Tesla's slide in value, but he's definitely a major contributor!

Elon is a HUGE contributor to the collapse of the value of TSLA. In two ways: He's dumped a shirt-ton of shares, and he's been acting like such a poophead that the market is running scared that he's gone off his nut. Nobody wants to invest in a company run by a lunatic.

Considering the volume of shares trading I'd say quite a few people want to at the right price. I think many people realize Tesla is more than just Elon and it will continue to succeed independently of his activities.

I hope you are right. I want Tesla to succeed more than I want my shares to go up. But it is annoying that my shares are worth 30% of what they were. (Still, they're worth about 50 times what I paid for them ;) )

I hope you are right. I want Tesla to succeed more than I want my shares to go up. But it is annoying that my shares are worth 30% of what they were. (Still, they're worth about 50 times what I paid for them ;) )
Slight off topic, Daniel... but since I saw your postscript... how about a shout out to Greta for absolutely destroying a scumbag POS who deserved it. An arrested alleged sex trafficker who was let back on Twitter by Elon of course. Doxxed himself and found out.

The whole market is down. TSLA is down a LOT more.

Elon is a HUGE contributor to the collapse of the value of TSLA. In two ways: He's dumped a shirt-ton of shares, and he's been acting like such a poophead that the market is running scared that he's gone off his nut. Nobody wants to invest in a company run by a lunatic.
Could not agree more. I know more than a few persons holding off on buying (persons that were absolutely going to buy) due to Elons antics, mainly his political stances. At least a couple of years ago he used to keep those things to himself, or at least hide them. Which was a smart move

Slight off topic, Daniel... but since I saw your postscript... how about a shout out to Greta for absolutely destroying a scumbag POS who deserved it. An arrested alleged sex trafficker who was let back on Twitter by Elon of course. Doxxed himself and found out.

What you refer to as my postscript is my "signature file." I have never used Twitter, as even before Musk it seemed like a cesspool to me. So I was not aware of the above. Thanks for mentioning it.

It is absolutely disgusting and unconscionable that Elon has allowed every kind of scum back onto Twitter, no matter how much of a lying racist homophobic conspiracy-mongering dirtbag they are, and at the same time he bans anybody critical of him.

I have at times. before the whole Twitter fiasco, lamented that Elon needs to remain disciplined in his public image for the sake of his companies, their missions, his own reputation, and because he could serve as a uniting force of sorts as a leader of companies that can embody the best of us all (as a rough example, Tesla embodying the fun and business efficiency of the poltical right paired with the environmental concern of the political left). Unfortunately, I think we have seen this all tossed in the dumpster this past year, and I still don't fully understand why. I suspect Elon just has a fatal flaw in his personality where he lashes out wildly towards people who criticize him. His lashing out doesn't even make sense anymore, except as just intentional sh*tposting (take for example the whole "My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci" tweet, the only purpose of which I assume is to try to enrage people). Beyond the reputations and the missions, it's just plain bad business to act this way.

I hope someone can turn him around, if he can't right himself. It's really sad to see, it's bad for the companies, and it's missed opportunities. If it continues, he could be risking not just Tesla business but SpaceX as well, as NASA and the United States DoD will start having reservations about entrusting critical and national security missions on companies led by someone who is acting the way Elon currently is. I like Elon, but he is waay TF out of line right now, and I think Tesla and SpaceX both would be better off trying to distance themselves from him if he can't be brought back to his senses.

I have at times. before the whole Twitter fiasco, lamented that Elon needs to remain disciplined in his public image for the sake of his companies, their missions, his own reputation, and because he could serve as a uniting force of sorts as a leader of companies that can embody the best of us all (as a rough example, Tesla embodying the fun and business efficiency of the poltical right paired with the environmental concern of the political left). Unfortunately, I think we have seen this all tossed in the dumpster this past year, and I still don't fully understand why. I suspect Elon just has a fatal flaw in his personality where he lashes out wildly towards people who criticize him. His lashing out doesn't even make sense anymore, except as just intentional sh*tposting (take for example the whole "My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci" tweet, the only purpose of which I assume is to try to enrage people). Beyond the reputations and the missions, it's just plain bad business to act this way.

I hope someone can turn him around, if he can't right himself. It's really sad to see, it's bad for the companies, and it's missed opportunities. If it continues, he could be risking not just Tesla business but SpaceX as well, as NASA and the United States DoD will start having reservations about entrusting critical and national security missions on companies led by someone who is acting the way Elon currently is. I like Elon, but he is waay TF out of line right now, and I think Tesla and SpaceX both would be better off trying to distance themselves from him if he can't be brought back to his senses.
Agree 100%. I too do not understand why he is acting this way. I keep wondering if there is an undiagnosed and untreated medical issue at play. It simply does not make sense.

I speculate that he may have been taking drugs to maintain his heavy work schedule and lack of sleep. Such drugs can lead to this sort of mental breakdown.
He said he's been taking a weight loss drug, Wegovy, maybe it has side effects. They seem to be mostly intestinal

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.