Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon, Where is the FSD features you promised?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's why we have a terrible EAP instead...

Seriously. Come on.

You make it sound like FSD would be here if only it weren't for the regulations. You sound like an official Tesla disclaimer.

FSD is not here, as isn't EAP proper, because it is not done. Not because of regulations.

EAP is awesome. I use it every day. FSD is not EAP. Completely different solutions.

Edit: Wait you are not under the assumption that EAP is just the first version of FSD?

Tesla does not get to use that money. It sits in a reserve account until the product is released. Only then can Tesla recognize the revenue and use that money.
This is not quite correct. The funds are not put in escrow, so Tesla does get to use the money. However, accounting-wise it's not recognized revenue until Tesla actually delivers.

This is not quite correct. The funds are not put in escrow, so Tesla does get to use the money. However, accounting-wise it's not recognized revenue until Tesla actually delivers.

I didnt say Escrow. I said a reserve account. Its an account with the word Reserve in it. Accounting rules say you cannot take it out of that account to use it to buy stuff. If they did, they could have some issues with auditors.

Maybe you guess too much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. That’s a problem.

Have you read this thread? I think there are a lot of people pulling stuff out their rears The difference is, I admit I dont know for a fact where Tesla is today with FSD. If I dont know, I dont make it up and say they dont have anything. I can only go on what Tesla and Elon have said, if they are lying then shame on them, they will have to pay the piper at some point. Maybe someone will file a suit. I mean $3000 is a lot of money, though it wouldnt even pay the retainer.

I didnt say Escrow. I said a reserve account. Its an account with the word Reserve in it. Accounting rules say you cannot take it out of that account to use it to buy stuff. If they did, they could have some issues with auditors.
I'm not an accountant, but from a quick search, there are no legal restrictions on what the funds in a reserve account can be used for.
Reserve accounting

No, you will not go to jail if you use that money, you are correct. That is not the only negative thing that can happen to a company.
What consequences are you talking about? From reading that article, a reserve account is designed to set aside money for a specific use, not to set aside money to just sit there (like an escrow). For example, it would make sense to use the FSD funds in the development of FSD. This is different from the money being just put into an account and not touched at all, as you claim. We also have to separate the actual cash itself, and the "account" as an accounting concept.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Um... just phrase it correctly.
The wipers don't work in the rain or such? I guess lemon law might have provisions for things that are broken but vendor just refuses to fix too?

Some people have monocular vision for whatever reason. I am one of them, I still can drive ;)

I still have "stereo" vision (in the sense that I can feel depth because as my head is moved the perspective changes and the brain knows how to deal with this.

Stereo_wiggle_3D.gif

This is apparently called wiggle stereography.

Yes sir, you are relying on "motion parallax" which is possible with monocular vision. Your brain compensates. This is how a pigeon gauges depth, by bobbing their head since the two eyes do not share a field of view for utilizing regular (aka binocular) parallax. Your brain has probably adapted to be superior to mine in that regard. :)

Tesla does not get to use that money. It sits in a reserve account until the product is released. Only then can Tesla recognize the revenue and use that money.

If you are right, why hasnt Tesla been "Body Slammed" and I assume you mean royal rumble style, by the FTC? I would guess that you havnt because they can point to the terms to which you agreed. Tesla is not going to show their hand just because you whine enough. They will show their hand when they are forced by competition or by regulatory movement, or when its done. Until then, there is 0 value to cater to a few rabblerousers on an internet forum.

Dont body slam the messenger.

Tesla will be body slammed to the tune of $300M-$500M over this, rest assured.

I get that you are all whining a lot, but if FSD was available today in a firmware update, you couldnt use it because it would be illegal. You have no idea where Tesla is in its development because they have no reason to tell anyone. The only thing you have is Tesla and Elon's word that it will be available when its legal. Do we all think that Tesla can snap it's fingers and get regulatory approval? You are going to need billions of miles to build it and billions of miles to validate it and billions of miles to prove its safer then a human. Then and only then can you even think about regulatory approval. All this talk about hardware not being up to par or somehow you were all duped.. you are all dopes if you couldnt read the not so fine print. I own 2 EAP and NOT FSD cars because I could read the damn disclaimer and use my brain to determine that I would first see it was approved by regulators. You will know it when it happens because it will be very big news and I assure you, you will have a hard time not seeing it. Until then? I saw a Bolt with a great self driving video, you should go get that car. Maybe GM can snap its finger and get regulatory approval.
GM’s Robocar Service Drives Employees Around SF for Free

Not just a video. Tesla should feel humiliated, but they don't because they neo-ponzi'd a ton of cash. If Tesla could drive people around, they'd be doing it in tests like Waymo and GM. But my guess is Tesla has no chance of ever getting it to work in HW2 cars. The lack of progress in EAP is astonishing.

Reactions: NerdUno and Swift
GM’s Robocar Service Drives Employees Around SF for Free

Not just a video. Tesla should feel humiliated, but they don't because they neo-ponzi'd a ton of cash. If Tesla could drive people around, they'd be doing it in tests like Waymo and GM. But my guess is Tesla has no chance of ever getting it to work in HW2 cars. The lack of progress in EAP is astonishing.

Correct. I doubt EAP, FSD, Summon, FCW, auto wipers, auto headlights, blind spot will ever work as advertised. Get ready to bend over Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno and Swift
Exactly and like with incomplete EAP on AP2, Tesla will release something partial that they will call the beginning of FSD and recognize the revenue.

If you are right, why hasnt Tesla been "Body Slammed" and I assume you mean royal rumble style, by the FTC? I would guess that you havnt because they can point to the terms to which you agreed. Tesla is not going to show their hand just because you whine enough. They will show their hand when they are forced by competition or by regulatory movement, or when its done. Until then, there is 0 value to cater to a few rabblerousers on an internet forum.
A few rabble-rousers? Start counting. Tesla shouldn't be selling something they have no idea of when they can deliver. There are a lot of people in that boat my man. And as far as filing complaints, do your research. They're out there and going through the process. Lawsuits are next as time works against Tesla here. They're starting to be held accountable outside the US as well with a recent case about BS'ing customers going the distance and them having to settle. Tesla settles Norway lawsuit over car's performance

Do we all think that Tesla can snap it's fingers and get regulatory approval? You are going to need billions of miles to build it and billions of miles to validate it and billions of miles to prove its safer then a human.

1. You just made the case that AI is pretty friggin' stupid ;)
2. Snapping fingers may be all the sector, with the highest market cap, has to do

Out of the financial crisis came the term "Regulatory Capture". I think there's enough reason to be concerned about how NHTSA and our endowed technology sector might equally tout "40% safer".
NHTSA faces Lawsuit over Autopilot Claim (this claim is challenged, in many places on the net)

I think Elon's got quite a business mating the technological advantage of AP, with those willing to assume the final responsibility that is "beta". Autopilot already is my "FSD", for when I don't want to drive. I'd give the rest years, not months.

EAP is awesome. I use it every day. FSD is not EAP. Completely different solutions.

Edit: Wait you are not under the assumption that EAP is just the first version of FSD?

EAP is not yet even released. What we have is something akin to 75% AP1 parity on AP HW2, there are no EAP features. So, no, I don't think what we have is EAP, let alone first version of FSD.

I do think the first version of FSD will actually very likely be the first EAP we will get (consider full EAP requires quite a bit more), but it is possible they will continue advancing the AP1 parity branch towards that as well. We shall see how they treat these two code branches (the current AP1 parity "EAP" and the full monty FSD).

My point is: Regulations are not stopping Tesla from releasing FSD. The fact that the FSD product is not completed is stopping Tesla from releasing FSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.