Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot Refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Who knows how long it will be before Tesla Vision is up and running. I bought Enhanced auto pilot for the auto-park. Waste of money.
Auto-park nor Smart Summon barely work with USS.

Tesla is completely revamping that stack and when it's delivered we all hope it works for everyone.

It was promised to be complete by November of last year, so with Elon's track record, expect it by the Holidays.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Personally I’ve found EAP to be invaluable on road trips and any highway/main road.
I’m glad I bought it, however FSD seems to be an expensive pipedream.
My next Tesla will have EAP but not FSD.

One of my coworkers raves about the Autopark and Summon which is partly why I upgraded. I figure if I decided to upgraded to FSD it would be less expensive since I already had the EAP. In other words, If you already have EAP, upgrading to FSD is $9000. If you don't have EAP, FSD costs $15000. With my luck Musk will increase the price of FSD alone even more. But who knows when that will be ready for prime time.

One of my coworkers raves about the Autopark and Summon which is partly why I upgraded. I figure if I decided to upgraded to FSD it would be less expensive since I already had the EAP. In other words, If you already have EAP, upgrading to FSD is $9000. If you don't have EAP, FSD costs $15000. With my luck Musk will increase the price of FSD alone even more. But who knows when that will be ready for prime time.
Raved about Summon and Autopark, huh? We have had EAP/FSD on our 12/2016 S and 2/2018 3 (just traded the 3 for a new Y including FSD transfer last month.) So that is about 12 years of combined usage since they were each new.

In that 12 years of combined usage, I have used Autopark a few times. It sucked. I have used Summon a handful of times to pull one of the cars into the garage, but stopped using it at least a year ago, mostly because it frequently disconnected in the middle of the movement. I am amazed that anyone would rave about either feature.

Since I have found both of those FSD features to be underwhelming I am at least fortunate that Elon promised I will have two robotaxis “soon.“

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Raved about Summon and Autopark, huh? We have had EAP/FSD on our 12/2016 S and 2/2018 3 (just traded the 3 for a new Y including FSD transfer last month.) So that is about 12 years of combined usage since they were each new.

In that 12 years of combined usage, I have used Autopark a few times. It sucked. I have used Summon a handful of times to pull one of the cars into the garage, but stopped using it at least a year ago, mostly because it frequently disconnected in the middle of the movement. I am amazed that anyone would rave about either feature.

Since I have found both of those FSD features to be underwhelming I am at least fortunate that Elon promised I will have two robotaxis “soon.“
I am not holding my breath. He has been making so many promises for so long. I sort of feel like a fool for falling for it. I hope he will prove me wrong. Maybe if he stops playing with Twitter or X or whatever he calls it.....

I bought Model 3 this year by end of March 2023 with EAP and since then Tesla is saying that it's coming next month, and next month never came so far, after 4-5 month passed already. I called customer service and asked for refund and they said it's only one time purchase, no refund once you purchased this feature. I asked if they can provide me the timeline that when this feature will be available in future, no one has no clue and no one from Tesla wants to take the responsibility. Please share if someone got any refund or any escalation process with this...Tesla's customer service is really worse.. :(

If you are not sure of the benefits, I believe you can rent that EAP/FSD for a few months to try it out.

For the most part...if you buy it, you have bought it.
Is there any way to "try before you buy?" If Tesla really had any faith in these products - they would offer a free 30-90 day trial to get people to spend real money on them. I don't see either option in the app under Upgrades - I only see payment or subscription options.

Last edited:
At most - purchase EAP. Once you purchase EAP - you can subscribe to FSD for $100/month (or $200/month if you bypass EAP). When you look at this all from a financial standpoint, it makes zero sense to ever purchase FSD outright for many Tesla vehicle owners. 15k/200=75 months. If you purchase EAP, 9k/100=90 months. Chances are you won't keep the vehicle either 75 or 90 months. That's 6.25 years or 7.5 years. Chances are you'll trade your Tesla in for a newer model or move on to something else before those timelines come and go. And if you look at the opportunity cost of dropping 15k when you could invest that money over the same 6-7.5 year period - it makes even less sense.

Since FSD is tied to the vehicle - you cannot take it with you. So why pay up front for it? So, at most, if you see real value in EAP, buy it as part of the vehicle purchase for 6k, and then subscribe to FSD for $100/month. The FSD subscriptions can also be cancelled at any time for no additional cost, so you can subscribe/unsubscribe as needed on an ongoing basis - which drives the cost down even more over time.

Reactions: mspohr
At most - purchase EAP. Once you purchase EAP - you can subscribe to FSD for $100/month (or $200/month if you bypass EAP). When you look at this all from a financial standpoint, it makes zero sense to ever purchase FSD outright for many Tesla vehicle owners. 15k/200=75 months. If you purchase EAP, 9k/100=90 months. Chances are you won't keep the vehicle either 75 or 90 months. That's 6.25 years or 7.5 years. Chances are you'll trade your Tesla in for a newer model or move on to something else before those timelines come and go. And if you look at the opportunity cost of dropping 15k when you could invest that money over the same 6-7.5 year period - it makes even less sense.

Since FSD is tied to the vehicle - you cannot take it with you. So why pay up front for it? So, at most, if you see real value in EAP, buy it as part of the vehicle purchase for 6k, and then subscribe to FSD for $100/month. The FSD subscriptions can also be cancelled at any time for no additional cost, so you can subscribe/unsubscribe as needed on an ongoing basis - which drives the cost down even more over time.
You are absolutely correct. Usually I hang on to cars longer. But given Tesla's track record, I will likely move on. Maybe I'll buy a Waymo or Cruze?:)