Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot Refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m holding out for an (unannounced) intermediate package that has navigate on autopilot and auto lane change built on the FSD code base, but without the other stuff. That day may never come but $6000 is just too pricey, especially for features that are disabled and may Never Actually Work as Advertised (NAWA).

I figured I would ask here to save creating another thread. I didn't spec EAP on my Highland after having had it in my "legacy" M3 as I spotted the lack of the Summon, Smart Summon, and AutoPark. If these features get reinstated to run on vision without USS is it still available to purchase via the app post delivery, or have Tesla changed stance to "from the factory or not at all"?

As my new build home in the UK is quite modern, the garage is barely car sized but my Legacy could do a better job of getting itself in to it than I could, so that is my main reason for wanting Summon again. AutoPark is a novelty, but quite handy when you can't be bothered to do it yourself - I had quite a lot of success with Autopark in Early-Mid 2022.

I figured I would ask here to save creating another thread. I didn't spec EAP on my Highland after having had it in my "legacy" M3 as I spotted the lack of the Summon, Smart Summon, and AutoPark. If these features get reinstated to run on vision without USS is it still available to purchase via the app post delivery, or have Tesla changed stance to "from the factory or not at all"?

As my new build home in the UK is quite modern, the garage is barely car sized but my Legacy could do a better job of getting itself in to it than I could, so that is my main reason for wanting Summon again. AutoPark is a novelty, but quite handy when you can't be bothered to do it yourself - I had quite a lot of success with Autopark in Early-Mid 2022.
You can always upgrade standard "Autopilot" to EAP or FSD after purchasing the vehicle. Only the price for those options may increase.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
You can always upgrade standard "Autopilot" to EAP or FSD after purchasing the vehicle. Only the price for those options may increase.
Yeah, appreciate the prices may change, but just wanted to check they hadn't taken away the ability.

For me it was more important to have less of the vehicle financed, then when the finance is cleared (I am waiting on some funds to clear then will pay it off) I will make a consideration whether it is worth adding EAP.

Reactions: jeewee3000
Been quite salty the last few months about EAP on my 23 MY. Since standard AP has lane keeping on the highway I've essentially paid $6,000 for my car to ask me before changing lanes at an off ramp instead of doing it myself. I road trip on the highway a lot so I thought it would be worth it but if I had it to do over again I think I would rather have 60 TSLA as it was trading near $100 when I purchased. Don't get me wrong, it's fabulous at times, like crossing Atlanta midday, but mostly it's a big mehhh. Which saddens my fanboy soul.

Now contemplating throwing more funds into the fire for the cause. That FSD subscription @ $100/mo to get off the NoA stack has got me wanting to hit the button fierce. Hoping it takes the bad taste out of my mouth but knowing it will only sour further. 🤞

Been quite salty the last few months about EAP on my 23 MY. Since standard AP has lane keeping on the highway I've essentially paid $6,000 for my car to ask me before changing lanes at an off ramp instead of doing it myself. I road trip on the highway a lot so I thought it would be worth it but if I had it to do over again I think I would rather have 60 TSLA as it was trading near $100 when I purchased. Don't get me wrong, it's fabulous at times, like crossing Atlanta midday, but mostly it's a big mehhh. Which saddens my fanboy soul.

Now contemplating throwing more funds into the fire for the cause. That FSD subscription @ $100/mo to get off the NoA stack has got me wanting to hit the button fierce. Hoping it takes the bad taste out of my mouth but knowing it will only sour further. 🤞
That's why I didn't buy EAP when we purchased - most of the features don't exist for the Vision Only cars. Summon, Smart Summon, Auto Park - simply don't exist. Navigate on AP is nice, as are lane changes - but for us - not worth anywhere near $6k. Perhaps if/when all of the features aren't actually vaporware - I'll resconsider.

That's why I didn't buy EAP when we purchased - most of the features don't exist for the Vision Only cars. Summon, Smart Summon, Auto Park - simply don't exist. Navigate on AP is nice, as are lane changes - but for us - not worth anywhere near $6k. Perhaps if/when all of the features aren't actually vaporware - I'll resconsider.

I'm a tesla hater but it is important to note that you can reconsider in the future. It may cost more but it is an option with tesla as opposed to most if not all other companies. And in the meantime, if you are in the US, you can check out the features for a month or two in order to see if things have got to the point you think they are worth paying for.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
I'm a tesla hater but it is important to note that you can reconsider in the future. It may cost more but it is an option with tesla as opposed to most if not all other companies. And in the meantime, if you are in the US, you can check out the features for a month or two in order to see if things have got to the point you think they are worth paying for.
Agreed - I used some Tesla points to try out FSDb for a month during our late summer travels. We were on 11.4.4 at the time. Overall it did pretty well over roughly 800-900 miles out of roughly 1k miles total. Would I pay 12k for it? Not a chance. Would I pay $200/month for it? Nope. I can make due with AP/AS for free. If/when the EAP package actually delivers on all five components and does so well and persistently in various use cases, I might spend the $6k on it. I'd then consider spending the $99/month for full FSD especially if v12 does better than the 11.x codebase. Only time will tell of course.

Actually, he said it needed testing in areas with rainy weather. It may, or may not, need additional training after they get some test results.
I wasn't positive so I had to go find the quote. He did indeed say more training.

Link to X
"It is already on a lot of cars, but, given that is a completely new architecture, we are doing extra testing. It works very well in California, but needs more training for heavy precipitation areas."

What he should do is release it to Californians :cool: And for more training in rainy areas, Texas may qualify? 😊

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
I wasn't positive so I had to go find the quote. He did indeed say more training.

Link to X
"It is already on a lot of cars, but, given that is a completely new architecture, we are doing extra testing. It works very well in California, but needs more training for heavy precipitation areas."

What he should do is release it to Californians :cool: And for more training in rainy areas, Texas may qualify? 😊
Oh, my bad!

Reactions: JB47394 and sdbonez
Hi, all --

Some of this is perhaps off-topic, but --

Hitchhiker71:> most of the features don't exist for the Vision Only cars. Summon, Smart Summon, Auto Park - simply don't exist.

Has this changed recently? Did Summon and Auto Park ever *really* work, in any configuration? Any guesses as to what the EAP take-rate was/is? I took a quick look at the 3/Y order trackers, which say 17%, but they seem to have fallen into disuse, so I'm not sure that's a good number.

Yours,
RP

Hitchhiker71:> most of the features don't exist for the Vision Only cars. Summon, Smart Summon, Auto Park - simply don't exist.

Has this changed recently?
Hasn’t changed recently. Purchased my 23MYP in September and those options have never existed for me. The manual says:

“This feature may be temporarily limited or inactive until it is enabled with a future software update for vehicles manufactured as of approximately late May 2023.”

Can’t say whether these features ever really worked for others not on HW4.

Interestingly enough, and to bring this response back on-topic, I never noticed this statement in the manual under the wiper section:

“The Auto setting is currently in BETA. If uncertain about using the Auto setting while in the BETA phase, Tesla recommends operating the wipers manually, as necessary.”

Lovely.

Hi, Dewg --

> Dunno why people keep saying Autopark never worked or was a gimmick.

People are thinking of parallel parking?

Yours,
RP
Parallel parking, in the few times I've been brave enough to try it, has been less than 50% successful. In the last attempt, just yesterday, the car had plenty of room and backed up nicely, but stopped while still angled about 45 degrees, turned the steering wheel slowly all the way to the right, then all the way to the left, then put up a message that autopark was paused. There was no other traffic or pedestrians visible.

I tapped Resume, but the car almost immediately paused again. After a couple iterations of this, I gave up and finished parking the old fashioned way.

All I needed to do was put the car back in reverse, turn the wheel to the right and finish backing in. Everything was perfectly lined up. But the car got cold feet and refused to finish the job. Big fail.

Perpendicular autopark works, in that it does complete the parking job reliably. But it's so slow that I stopped using it. I can understand not moving the car very quickly, but it always takes two attempts to get the car lined up on the space.