Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i1Tesla is a cool guy, but he doesn't always know what he's
talking about. Like most of us. Most of the time. But in this
case he's forgetting that in reply to a question about the two
CPUs "negotiating", the development guy, or was it Elon, said
no, they are there for redundancy/backup, not multi-processor
decision-making. Personally, I don't expect much noticeable
difference between 2.5 and 3.X behavior until we get into the
next set of autonomy features, that will probably require 3.x
hardware. Just guessing of course.

...Personally, I don't expect much noticeable
difference between 2.5 and 3.X behavior until we get into the
next set of autonomy features, that will probably require 3.x
hardware. Just guessing of course.

I think you're probably right - I'm just hoping that
A) I do at some point receive the AP3.0 HW and that
B) it will improve on my current AP/safety systems situation which is, well.... rubbish (and sometimes downright dangerous).

TL;DR warning - a bit of a rant also because I'm far from happy with Tesla (Netherlands) at least - sorry!

I think most of my problems are from a very badly built sample (for example
my black paintwork is terrible, the doors creak/rattle in their rubber-seals, the indicator stalk is faulty (which causes its own set of dangerous moments since LDA), Bluetooth calling isn't possible, general faults with non unfolding mirrors, windows dropping back down, audio partially dropping in and out, sentry mode corruption of video (not a unique problem to me but annoying none the less), etc ) ... but the cameras are showing traffic all over the place (phantom cars and trucks, trucks that I overtake start overtaking me on the right whilst I have long passed them, collision warnings, etc). I am based in the Netherlands, EU so I can't speak for your Service Centers but my experience with the Amsterdam SC is very bad indeed. They had my car for a week and a half and did next to nothing to the car. They didn't even bother charging it (despite 2 phone calls with an hour waiting each time asking them to hook it up to a charger).
In all my car has become somewhat of a running gag and embarrassment over here - Tesla doesn't seem to care :(

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
New video (not mine)

Heheh - neat video!

...somewhat bizarre to see the erratic steering motions taking place (yet understandable from a datapoint perspective). Seems like it could still use some 'input filtering/softening' there. The full lock steering without moving still concerns me; this puts excessive strain on the steering rack and causes radial wear (cupping I believe its called) of the tires (making for that woosh-woosh-woosh sounds you hear when cruising over smooth asphalt...

New video (not mine)

Well that a nice improvement from a few months ago. On the first rev of enhanced summon, we did an experiment just for the humor of it. The wife had her 87 year old mom stand by the car in a parking lot as I summoned it. When the car started moving, her mom started walking. No surprise, her mom with the walker beat the Tesla to me. I just wish I'd taken a video. It was hilarious. I'm thinking she still might be able to beat it.

Very very cool. I can already tell, I’ll never get tired of this feature. :)

It’s great I have a car that will let me horse around with these new software toys while the technology march’s on. !

It’s also exciting, that in about a year or two from now, so much more will be available.
In 2-4 years from now, we will all look back at advanced summon (as something once leading edge and cool), and see it in the same light as an old flip phone to a current smart phone.

I truly wished Tesla/Elon had deeper pockets. He could do so much more, so much quicker if he did.
The software upgrades that still await us all for smart cars is going to be so amazing.
If he had the pockets, I believe we would already see so much more.
It’s a new growing company though, so we have to be patient.

Love this car. :)

Let me re-phrase then. I hope Tesla will only release this feature bug free.

Actual footage of me when Enhanced Summon is bug-free:

skeleton.jpg