Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing your got yours when HW2.5 had no features enabled. If you compare to an early AP car, they haven't improved at all. If you compare the release of AP features on HW2.5 then they haven't improved at all. They've added more features, but those features are still based on AP, and AP has been scattershot at best.

But if summon sucks, that's not reason to sell my shares. I'm expecting the vehicles to be the selling point, and not the hokey half-baked assist packages.
Fair. That was hyperbolic. If FSD doesn't work then Tesla can still be a solid investment.

09D58FB9-62AB-4F4A-B861-47C3D9A8C92D.jpeg

This is the feature I actually want! (If it works)
It really sounds like they’re going to unleash Smart Summon. Brace yourselves.

View attachment 452381
This is the feature I actually want! (If it works)
It really sounds like they’re going to unleash Smart Summon. Brace yourselves.

By the way, Elon has upgraded his assessment of Enhanced Summon from "almost doesn't suck" to "almost great". That's progress. ;)

Then it’s the most bizarre decision to present a crappy “world” that the car sees to the driver.

Also, I take any videos with a grain of salt.

Fact is, what’s currently being shown on the display is terrible. I just drove through a Kroger’s parking lot and my HW3 P3 showed a totally wrong representation what was going on. Cars popping in and out of existence, rotating vehicles, pedestrians teleporting randomly, bicycles moving across the screen.

Why oh why is this so horrid if it allegedly sees the real world under the hood? What’s the logic behind displaying it wrong if the FSD computer can see it right?

Just release the good stuff already, Tesla, if you indeed have the capability. It can’t be worse than what’s being shipped now.

You’ve been whining about this same thing now for so so long.
We’ve all heard it from you loud and clear.
It’s been explained many times.

Now that you’ve been heard, and validated.
Can you please chose to whine about something new. At least it will be different.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Octo
Finally...it’s really coming next week. :D

Elon Musk on Twitter

I will be able to watch from the sidelines, with EAP.

Elon’s tweet is implying anyone who purchased FSD (including Feb/Mar 2019 fire sale purchasers) will be getting this next week. We’ll see...

Meaning the only people who won’t get it early but will eventually are legacy Enhanced AP owners?