Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how it will work if it is parked within 150' of you but has to go out of that radius (like to the end of a row in a parking lot) in order to get to you. Will it stop when it exceeds the 150' limit? Or will it know that it's going to get closer again and continue on?

I have little doubt someone will find out for us all within a few minutes of this going wide.

It works within 150 feet in radius with line-of-sight supervision and requires your working phone app as well as your phone GPS data.

Lots of underground structures do not have a good signal so doubt this scenario will work.
A lot of phones will treat Wifi as valid GPS positioning data, although often with a large error bar (so a lot of uncertainty in the position). But true GPS, and probably even cell tower based enhancement of GPS positioning, isn't going to work anywhere underground or even inside most concrete above-ground garages unless you're at the very edge near a side opening. Even inside your home garage it's going to be Wifi based location data, as your GPS receiver won't get a lock through normal house walls.

I highly doubt it will work inside most underground garages. Maybe it'll work if it can be confident about the Wifi based positioning in a given spot?

vLIll6m.gif

• Love
Reactions: Runnergirl
I wonder how it will work if it is parked within 150' of you but has to go out of that radius (like to the end of a row in a parking lot) in order to get to you. Will it stop when it exceeds the 150' limit? Or will it know that it's going to get closer again and continue on?
I’d not have super high expectations of the first roll out. While I’m hopeful I expect 150’ will be optimistic.