Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Epidemic of Model 3 small window break-ins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "the city" (of SF), I'm planning to go to an event Saturday night near Powell BART station. I'm planing to park my non-Tesla over at a BART station and take BART in. (I've never had my car broken into at a BART station, yet.) I'm hoping I'll have less of a chance of suffering a break in there than if I parked in SF.

I personally know numerous folks who've suffered a car break in while in SF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla Model 3 Several Break-in Target Due to Lack of Security - Model 3 Club

1-16-850x755.jpg

1-31.jpg

1-1.jpg

1-8.jpg

1-9.jpg

1-7-576x1024.jpg

Hey, THERE's that shopping bag shape!

Dammmm! There sure are a lot of broken windows.
Kinda looks like they drivin' that same white Mercedes ...

But what's it gonna take for everybody to leave
their seats down and no valuables visible?

There's a less accessible frunk to leave stuff
in you must ... BUT why does 9 volts open it?

Tesla REALLY needs to make the alarm better.

Last edited:
It's laughable that California keeps putting idiots in charge and making laws that let criminals go and give people 500 chances. There's a reason the rest of the USA makes fun of you guys for having crazy high taxes, still going bankrupt, and giving all your freedom away.

Eh, maybe California was going bankrupt 10 years ago with the rest of the country, but today they are sitting on $20B in budget surplus. Thanks in large part to it's screaming hot economy compliments of tech companies like Tesla.

What would happen in Cali if an owner parked their car in one of these lots at this time, and bid in another car with a 0.45, and took this guy and his companion out? Or how about he first give them the option of allowing a citizen arrest before taking them out?

It's laughable that California keeps putting idiots in charge and making laws that let criminals go and give people 500 chances. There's a reason the rest of the USA makes fun of you guys for having crazy high taxes, still going bankrupt, and giving all your freedom away.

Id like to know what freedom I have given away so I can plan to move to the Utopia known as the Bible Belt

I live in the heart of this Tesla window smash and grab phenomenon. I want people in California to understand how out of hand this situation has become and vote on better laws. So "we" is California voters. This is not meant to incite disrespect for Californians (of which I am one my whole life.) I apologize if people think that posting lots of pictures and videos of broken Tesla windows in California is some sort of political statement critical of California. That was not my intention.

Last edited:
Common in nearly all the instances I have seen:
#1: Someone else pulls up along side the vehicle being broken into.
#2: Person doing the glass breaking gets out of the back seat and does their dirty work quickly then hops back into the back of the getaway car and the car speeds away.
#3: Person doing the glass breaking wears a hoodie or a hat.

Some thoughts on law changes that could be (possibly?) helpful here:
#1: Adult driver of a car used to bring a minor to a crime scene could be charged as an accessory to the crime? Contributing to the delinquency of a minor?
#2: Some way to add up multiple instances to consider dollar value as cumulative rather than car by-car being under felony limits.
#3: Getaway cars used in crimes like these could be impounded / forfeitted?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.