Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla asked about my travel plans in case there is a conflict with delivery (I told 'em I have none), and VW sent me the final offer for buyback on Saturday. Woo! With any luck, both cars will trade places in the garage around the same time in December.

Congrats. I'm in the same boat as you, ordered a 60, confirmed yesterday, got the final buyback offer on my Passat this morning. The stars are starting to align!

Reactions: e-FTW
Cash-Strapped Volkswagen Is Cutting 30,000 Jobs To Pay For Dieselgate

The brand is reducing its German workforce by 19%. Of the 30,000 workers who will lose jobs, 23,000 work in Germany. The other cuts will hit workers in Brazil and Argentina. Herbet Diess, head of Volkswagen, said the cuts are designed to make the automaker "leaner and more efficient."

The money saved will be poured into research and development of electrified cars. Volskwagen's goal is to launch 30 electric-powered cars by 2025 and to achieve that goal it will need some serious cash on hand. Throughout act two of Dieselgate, aka the part where punishment was handed down, the Volkswagen Group has acted almost as if having to pay $15 billion in fines to the US government was no big deal.

imageshandler.ashx

Cash-Strapped Volkswagen Is Cutting 30,000 Jobs To Pay For Dieselgate

DS and Dashboard updated car to be in production yesterday. Hivemind google spreadsheet says its 5 days from production to delivery on average in CA, so hopefully next week. Factory pickup hopefully shaves off a day or two.

Our cars seem to be in the same batch, my updates are right in line with yours.

Excited about the possibility of a pre-xmas delivery!

Have the appt to dump the TDI scheduled for the first week in Jan.

Tesla Complete email received tonight at 6pm. Delivery window is 17th to the 31st. Though since its from the factory, I hope that will happen very quickly.

FWIW my car finished early this morning and I'm picking it up Sunday. From speaking with my DS it sounds like the factory is in full end-of-quarter delivery mode and you should be able to get a pickup appt almost as soon as you want.

On a sunday?! My DS hasn't said anything yet. Figured they only worked mon-fri, so I'd confirm monday for a tuesday appointment.

Is there a secret to getting it quicker? If so I'd love to know.

I just called and asked rather than wait for her to reach out. My DS has her hours in her email sig and works Tues-Sat, so you might want to check.

I gather they don't usually do Sunday deliveries but are through the end of the quarter.

Congrats! You'll love it!

We sold our 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI in June 2015 about 2 weeks before the whole dieselgate event broke out into the open. Before we even knew about any of that, we had decided to purchase a fully loaded CPO 2013 P85.

Jetta sold in mid-June, we picked up our P85 on the last Saturday of June 2015 and promptly took it camping on the Oregon Coast for the 4th of July weekend. Drove 1900 miles that trip and have loved every mile we've put on her, including 2 trips to Utah, countless trips to Portland and the Columbia Gorge, a whole bunch of trips to the Bay Area and we're headed for Tahoe for Christmas (although it doesn't look like there's going to be much snow there!).

Getting my Tesla Monday at 4pm, with factory tour. Paying on line via direct deposit via Tesla website was a cinch!

Have a great time! Just got home from my day at the factory.

It was a bit of a mad house... they are delivering a whole lot of cars right now. The whole process is relatively choreographed though... my son and I arrived for our appointment right at 3pm and were out the door driving away by 5:30 or so.

The tour was very cool, but the factory was idle today. Should be humming again tomorrow so I imagine you'll have a bit more to see.

It was getting dark by the time I actually got to see my own car, so I didn't have a great chance to give it a thorough once-over, but I've noticed one or two potential paint issues that I need to have a closer look at in the morning.

Stopped at the Manteca Supercharger on the way back home with a ~50% charge and topped off to 90%, which gave me a good opportunity to goof around with the settings and figure out all the little things that I didn't have a chance to do at the factory.

Good times, great car! Have fun!

Have a great time! Just got home from my day at the factory.

It was getting dark by the time I actually got to see my own car, so I didn't have a great chance to give it a thorough once-over, but I've noticed one or two potential paint issues that I need to have a closer look at in the morning.

I'm picking it up at 4pm, so it might be similar. I'm leasing, so as long as there isn't a major blemish, like a dead rat stuck to the hood and painted over, I won't care that much. Otherwise, what would I do then? Not take delivery or does Tesla hire a local body shop to fix it somehow?

I'm picking it up at 4pm, so it might be similar. I'm leasing, so as long as there isn't a major blemish, like a dead rat stuck to the hood and painted over, I won't care that much. Otherwise, what would I do then? Not take delivery or does Tesla hire a local body shop to fix it somehow?

After having another look in the morning sun it was nothing. The light in the "tent" was messing with me. I think if something is seriously wrong you could refuse delivery, otherwise they can likely make a note of stuff and fix it through normal service procedures.

I'm sure it will be fine, have fun!