Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated delivery (have model x now)on model 3 ordered in Jan 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so far only owners within the first week of pre-order have been getting sent invites. I will personally throw a hissy fit if owners that pre-ordered in 2018 get priority over me, a non-owner that pre-ordered on Mar 31, 2016.

My guess is you'll get bumped up the queue sometime in the next couple weeks and get your car within a month or two. At least, that's what seems to be happening recently.

so far only owners within the first week of pre-order have been getting sent invites. I will personally throw a hissy fit if owners that pre-ordered in 2018 get priority over me, a non-owner that pre-ordered on Mar 31, 2016.

I think you better get ready to start throwing that hissy fit. All evidence so far suggests that all S/X owners will be given the chance to configure their 3 before any non-owners get that chance.

Haha I totally agree with you but nothing we can do other than throw money at another car company instead. If enough ppl do that tesla will care.

Owners who ordered far after day 1 have received invites. I reserved 7/2017 and got an invite to configure last week.

If that bothers non-owners, you have a choice: practice patience or get a Bolt. Elon was pretty clear that pre-owners would get priority regardless if they stood in line or not on 3/31.

On the bright side, day 1 non owners should be getting invites soon as the number of owners who have reserved, at any time, should be near the end.

I have a data point. Friend of wife, a non tesla owner reserved a model3 in wash d.c. given two year wait
It sounds like some of these estimates will be adjusted. Both the owners who get late 2018 while those who reserved 7/2017 already got the invite and non-owners who get 2 years while others reserving few days ago received late 2018. On the other hand, they probably do need to come up with some random cut off dates after which you can no longer jump the line. Consider the number of potential new U.S. orders that could be added once U.S. backlog is gone and what that would do to estimated deliveries of non-U.S. orders. It would be not fair to them. So, while as of a few days ago a new non-owner reservation received a late 2018 estimate, a thing like this cannot continue. And once they come up with cutoff dates, people ordering after them will do a lot of complaining seeing how somebody who ordered a day before has to wait 1 year less.

On the other hand, when they get to 10k/week those lines should get a lot shorter fast.