Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Olá @andrerodpt ,

I choose to order directly with Tesla.
Although you are correct as they are great ambassadors for EV's in general, my interaction with Zeev was not completely satisfying:
- they kept pushing the 90D because of the greater autonomy (although I cannot justify the ~+50km for +Eur11.000,-)
- they didn't help me in the tax/benefits calculations
- the knowledge of the sales person I had was very very low compared to what I was expecting.

I hope that my earlier post clarified some of your other questions, and as I said earlier, Tesla will be opening it's own sales office and service center (and SuperChargers) in Portugal during 2017, so all those bureaucratic steps that we now need to take, will not be required in late 2017.

Hope this helps !

Boas @gmorales!

Thanks for your opinion. Regarding zeev and my interactions with them, I think they are a little "old-school" on their approach to selling cars (very dealer like kinda of business). It's the status quo, and until Tesla officially arrives, there are no incentives to change.

Besides that, it says all about the EV scene in Portugal when I can test drive a 140.000€ car (P85D) easily, and until today I can't schedule a test drive for a Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe at the official dealerships. I can't wait for that store, even if I can't buy a MS or MX.
I bet you can't wait for those superchargers to start to roll out. :)

Btw: looks like zeev just received the first MX for sale. Looks damn fine! I have to pay it a visit to see it live.

Reactions: gmorales
Great news @gmorales (I can't like posts yet).
If it was my area I would certainly give it a try, but my area is more software engineer and I like my current workplace too.
Do you know where the Superchargers will be placed?

Also another question that I have that I did not see answered in the forum yet, how long does it take to charge the battery in a normal power outlet in Europe? Have you tried it?

If it was my area I would certainly give it a try, but my area is more software engineer and I like my current workplace too.

Also another question that I have that I did not see answered in the forum yet, how long does it take to charge the battery in a normal power outlet in Europe? Have you tried it?

Hey João.

I bet Porto will be next on the list for a new store and service center. I too I'm in the software engineering business and I'm debating on taking a chance and apply for working at Tesla new store... But the requirements don't work very well for me, since I don't have the experience needed. Just have the passion and drive for working at Tesla.

Reactions: JoaoD
Hey João.

I bet Porto will be next on the list for a new store and service center. I too I'm in the software engineering business and I'm debating on taking a chance and apply for working at Tesla new store... But the requirements don't work very well for me, since I don't have the experience needed. Just have the passion and drive for working at Tesla.

Hey! Yeah, I'm betting one at Lisbon, one at Porto and was curious about the 3rd... Maybe in Algarve?
I'm in the same situation, I don't meet the requirements to work at a service center, but I would like to work for Tesla some day. But at this time the best bet would be to move to Amsterdam or Fremont, that's where they are looking for some IT people.

I don't know the exact locations where the superchargers will be. Just what is pinned at tesla.com.
#1 where the A1,A25 highways meet
#2 where the A2,A6,A13 highways meet
#3 near A22 near Faro
I know that everything regarding the permits/licences/government approvals is already taken care.
Also that the agreements with the land/site owners are almost finalized. Construction should start this year asap.

Regarding the time for charging it varies from the type of plug that u have:
I have installed a 400V AC 16A 3-phase plug, with which I get ~55km per hour of charge.
If you use a normal European socket 230V AC 16A single-phase you will get significant less ~18km per hour.

Everyone should look at their daily life and to how many hours his/her car is really parked overnight and consider when the utilities charge less for electricity...
In Portugal the most economic slot is from 10pm to 8am next day: it can be as low as 11cent per kw.
So if you have a 3-phase installation u should get a 16A industrial red socket.
If you have only a single-phase installation try to get a 32A industrial blue socket.

Reactions: JoaoD
I don't know the exact locations where the superchargers will be. Just what is pinned at tesla.com.
#1 where the A1,A25 highways meet
#2 where the A2,A6,A13 highways meet
#3 near A22 near Faro
I know that everything regarding the permits/licences/government approvals is already taken care.
Also that the agreements with the land/site owners are almost finalized. Construction should start this year asap.

Regarding the time for charging it varies from the type of plug that u have:
I have installed a 400V AC 16A 3-phase plug, with which I get ~55km per hour of charge.
If you use a normal European socket 230V AC 16A single-phase you will get significant less ~18km per hour.

Everyone should look at their daily life and to how many hours his/her car is really parked overnight and consider when the utilities charge less for electricity...
In Portugal the most economic slot is from 10pm to 8am next day: it can be as low as 11cent per kw.
So if you have a 3-phase installation u should get a 16A industrial red socket.
If you have only a single-phase installation try to get a 32A industrial blue socket.
Thanks for letting us know. I did not see any supercharger or Service Center in the Tesla map.

I usually do 60km each day, and 300k during the weekend. I'm not even sure yet where I will charge the car, but I think I can manage to charge it some hours everyday in a normal European socket and not have to worry that I don't have enough range since I don't do more than 100km in a single run.

Thanks for letting us know. I did not see any supercharger or Service Center in the Tesla map.

I usually do 60km each day, and 300k during the weekend. I'm not even sure yet where I will charge the car, but I think I can manage to charge it some hours everyday in a normal European socket and not have to worry that I don't have enough range since I don't do more than 100km in a single run.

The map you refer to is the current open SuperChargers.
You need to look at: Supercharger | Tesla Europe and then click on "2016" (on the top part of the map). There you will see the planned/future SuperChargers.

You always need to charge at home overnight.
The problem with using a normal EU socket is that it's very very slow, and you don't want to fall into a situation that you don't have enough power in the morning in case you need it.

The map you refer to is the current open SuperChargers.
You need to look at: Supercharger | Tesla Europe and then click on "2016" (on the top part of the map). There you will see the planned/future SuperChargers.

You always need to charge at home overnight.
The problem with using a normal EU socket is that it's very very slow, and you don't want to fall into a situation that you don't have enough power in the morning in case you need it.
Thanks again, as you can see the planned new Superchargers or Service Centers in the map I linked I though the super chargers in Portugal would appear there too :)
If I can charge at about 18km per hour in a normal outlet I can charge 150km per day with no problem. I will probably have half of that left at the end of the day so I don't think it will be a problem during the week. But maybe I will need a better socket for weekend charging :)

But if we get the Snake Superchargers and we can afford the new Autonomous Driving that they announced yesterday we can even send our cars to a Supercharger while we are working ahah

• Funny
Any Europe people we already had there cars delivered..? What is the average time to get the car shipped from the Fremont factory to Tilburg?
My car's production was finalized 1 Oct, but as of now still no definite confirmation that the car is already on the boat to Europe. So I get a car with most likely old AP hardware and still need to wait an eternity... DeS also does not seem to have a definitive answer, only thing he says is that the End November delivery will probably still be met.

Any Europe people we already had there cars delivered..? What is the average time to get the car shipped from the Fremont factory to Tilburg?
My car's production was finalized 1 Oct, but as of now still no definite confirmation that the car is already on the boat to Europe. So I get a car with most likely old AP hardware and still need to wait an eternity... DeS also does not seem to have a definitive answer, only thing he says is that the End November delivery will probably still be met.
Mine has almost 1,5 months of transit time. The car will arrive in Tilburg on 20 Nov and they still need about 1 week to make it ready for delivery.

7 to 8 weeks. This is the worst part of the whole process... the waiting seems eternal !!!
All the best with your new Tesla. I have mine just for 2 weeks and already with 3000km ...

Thanks for your updates! Luckily I got a message end of last week that the boat is in transit from NY..! Expected delivery in the week of 21 Nov :D
But indeed.. the wait is hardest part.. even feels like time is moving more slowly ever since I've ordered.. ;)

Mine arrived earlier and it says now on MyTesla that expected delivery is 16 Nov -23 Nov.
When I called my delivery representative he said the car is still being tested and he can't communicate a delivery date to me.
Theoretically I should have it by next weekend.

And an important update from my side, I took delivery of my car last Tuesday (Nov 15) in Tilburg, and it is great! Definitely worth the wait :D

ordered yesterday a TMS60..delivery before end of March...so long compared to the US...but still acceptable !
Didn't find one in the Europe inventory...think about, good option to get it in less than 2 weeks time !

Anyway,the beauty of this waiting time is to expect Tesla will add something new to my Tesla ..on top of the AP v2 & the new panorama glass roof !

ordered yesterday a TMS60..delivery before end of March...so long compared to the US...but still acceptable !
Didn't find one in the Europe inventory...think about, good option to get it in less than 2 weeks time !

Anyway,the beauty of this waiting time is to expect Tesla will add something new to my Tesla ..on top of the AP v2 & the new panorama glass roof !
Did you order it with AP and glass roof? :)
Congrats on your order!