Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PT.jpg

EV Sales: Portugal November 2019

It certainly does look like the Netherlands are starving other European markets for Model 3's. I also find it noteworthy that the Audi e-Tron continues to lag in its home market, moreso when compared to other countries [like NO] where it does fulfill the need of VAG loyalists who want to buy an EV. Maybe the range is a bigger issue in Germany, where relatively long itineraries at higher speeds and the charging conundrum play into buyers' considerations.

demand in France and Germany is incredibly low

Well, it is compared to the frontrunners. As I've opined many times, Tesla has to up the ante in Germany and substantially rev up its sales, or else there's no way a European Gigafactory can work. Which is of course the chief reason for plunking it down on the outskirts of Berlin - it's already keeping Tesla in the news and garnering attention.

There are also big new service centers going up - Germany still is very underserved.

Norway volumes seem really low this quarter. More like the volumes they were getting pre model 3.
Tesla Registration Stats
Difficult to believe Tesla is diverting deliveries elsewhere e.g. Netherlands when Norway has been so important to them (indeed UK seems to be bringing forward deliveries, mine from feb to dec).
Any Norwegians on here with a view?

Netherlands has a major tax benefit being lessened at the end of this quarter, so yes, many many cars are being sold there. (Not Norwegian, although I do love the country. Not Dutch either.) Also they are still shipping backlog to UK I believe, not to mention having opened other markets that still have to be served (Australia, South Korea).

Today the merger is definite: PSA (Peugeot, Citroën, Opel) and Fiat Chrysler (Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Lancia and Maserati) are now the fourth largest car manufacturer in the world. (Fiat Chrysler and Group PSA Announce Merger Agreement)

Oh well, one more company to overtake on Tesla's way to greatness. It does show the incredible shift happening in the auto industry. They have to join forces or they won't survive the switch to BEV's.

SE.jpg

We start the year end wrap up with Sweden, with the local plug-in market up 39% in 2019, with 40.399 units, and the 2019 PEV Share ending at 11%, a significant jump over the 8% of 2018 and the first time the final share goes North of the 10% mark.

In the manufacturers ranking, Kia (19%, down 4%) repeated the 2018 Best Seller trophy in 2019, while Tesla (14%) ended in the runner-up spot (its first podium spot), after a close race with Volvo, also with 14% share, and Mitsubishi stayed in 4th, with 12% share.

EV Sales: Sweden December 2019

Thanks for posting all this great info.

Any updates yet to the Germany numbers for the rest of December? Am interested to see final 2019 numbers for the top 3, relative to a conversation with a friend in Germany who recently purchased a Smart EQ. Not sure which one his is on your list - he says it has an 18kwh battery, and he is getting a cold weather range of about 100km.