TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EVmote App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by cryptyk, Aug 15, 2015.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yes.

2. tomp

tomp Member

LOL! I'm a little slow...

3. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

This was a cookie issue. It should be fixed now. If you're still seeing it, can you try to close your browser and open it again? (i.e. turn it off and turn it on again) :)

The cool new thing I was doing when I broke it was live trip tracking. Check it out:
    1) Start driving
    2) Go to the trips page on your tesla browser or mobile browser
    3) Click the trip your currently on
    4) Watch the stats and Map update in real-time!

...and there's more to come with this feature in the next day or two ;)

4. hipringles

hipringles Member

Does the application log energy usage as well? I am looking for something which shows energy usage with a GPS overlay, along with energy vs speed vs throttle setting vs temp etc etc etc.

5. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

To some degree, but not like you're talking about. Right now it only shows GPS overlay with time, distance, average speed, top speed, total energy usage (as a % of battery), and energy usage per mile (or km).

I capture a lot more than that and plan to add an export to feature (to CSV and/or logmysc.com) , but probably won't tackle that fidelity of analysis myself.

6. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Sneak peak at a new feature that's rolling out later today

share1.jpg

share2.jpg

share3.jpg

It works really well for letting your significant other know when you're on your way home, and how far out you are!

7. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

I may be interested in joining the beta testing, but I have a question for some of the current testers.

Are any of you current testers also running Visible Tesla 24 X 7, and using Remote S and The Tesla app too? If so (or if you're at least running VT 24 X 7) have you experienced any throttling, lockouts, etc?

Thanks!

8. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Just an FYI.. Still getting the forgot to plug me in email even when the car is plugged in.

9. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

That's weird. It's generally working.
    Can you do me a favor and next time you get a reminder when your car is actually charging, can you send me the day and time it happened? I'll go back through the logs and see why it thought you were unlpugged.

Thanks!
    Ryan

10. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Quick update and a quick question:
    1) I'm leaving town for two weeks starting Thursday. I won't be able to work on evMote and won't be able to fix any problems (apart from maybe rebooting the servers). Because of that, I'm hesitant to further open the beta - I want to make sure everything continues to run smoothly. When I come back at the end of September, I'll open the site for the next 50 beta users, bringing the total to 90. If it continues to run well for a few days, I'll make it public.
    2) Does anyone care about exporting their trips to CSV? I'm thinking about adding that, but don't know if anyone would use it. Would you want every GPS point, or just a summary?

Thanks!
    Ryan

11. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Maybe down the road an export would be handy. But what I think would really help now is the ability to delete trips from the trip list. I have lots of local trips I can delete that are just cluttering things up.

I also have an idea that would make integrating LogMySc very easy, but we can discuss that when you get back. And I mean *really* easy (on your end, that is).

12. Bitjockey

Bitjockey Member

I signed up for the earlier beta, but was too late. Just created my account, and so far looks great, just one (small) bit of feedback.

Miles?
    What are miles?:wink:
    Km and Km/H please (likely means you'll need to have another field in the profile setting.

thanks!

13. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Another suggestion to reduce storage requirements -- allow each user to specify a minimum mileage threshold before saving any trips. For instance, I'd like to say "don't save any trips less than 40 miles" -- that would reduce the number of trips on my account by 90% and only leave the more interesting ones.

Less important, but nice would be able to click a checkbox next to several individual trips, and merge them into one long trip. This would eliminate rest stops or other brief stops that reset each trip reset.

thanks

14. rpo

rpo Member

Will climate control be added at some point? That is the feature I use most with the apps. Thanks!

15. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

That's strange. If your car is set to km, evmote should also show you km. Where are you seeing miles displayed? Maybe I missed a spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Really good idea. I have the storage situation largely figured out now, but from a user perspective you're right. Those little "re-parking" trips get noisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely. I had it in there at one point but didn't like the interface I had created. Once I find a control I like, I'll put it back in.

Thanks!
    Ryan

16. trond.strom

trond.strom Member

also getting miles on evmote and have km in car. It gets the number right so its quite optimistic, having 363 rated miles at 70%

17. cynix

cynix Member

Same here, car set to km, evMote showing miles/mph.

Also, it would be nice if I could hover over a point on the trip and see detailed information at that point, such as speed and energy, like VT.

18. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Gotcha. Sounds like just the labels are incorrect, but the values are right. Are the degrees in celsius? Also, is this the dash page, the trips page, or both?

- - - Updated - - -

Just added that to the feature request list. Thanks!

19. trond.strom

trond.strom Member

Dash page is in miles, trip page is correct in km

20. riegetor

riegetor Member

It's the opposite here, with km on the dash (correct) and miles, mph and miles/% on the trip stats (wrong). Seems to be a regression since it was correct both places last time I checked