Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Free Supercharger Duration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Elon made a kind gesture by extending the free supercharger duration due to the pandemic lock downs?
My free allowance was due to expire on 30th March, but is still showing in my Loot Box.

It's 6 months the free supercharger duration?
It’s supposed to be six months for the first, then an additional referral gives you another block of free charging, and adds another six months to the expiry date of all the miles, up to a maximum of 36 months.

So, if say, you got three referrals, you’d have 3000 miles valid for 18 months.

Reactions: speedyranger74
It’s supposed to be six months for the first, then an additional referral gives you another block of free charging, and adds another six months to the expiry date of all the miles, up to a maximum of 36 months.

Phew ... I only got the miles not long before lockdown so that's reassuring!

so I referred myself last September , that means I still have another 6 months left

Just noticed in my Tesla app that Tesla have taken 5602 miles from me I picked up on the 2nd September using a referral code getting 5000 miles.

A friend ordered and picked up late December earning me another 1000.

Also had two others use my code both delivered in March getting me another 2000.

I thought every referral you got extended total miles by 6 months.

Seems like my September and December miles have been taken.

Not a huge deal as I don’t use the superchargers very often. But a bit of a pain as a new supercharger site is under construction not too far from me.

Has anyone verified that this is more than just a display problem?

i.e. have you used a supercharger and had to pay... ?
Yes, I’ve had 4 Supercharging sessions debited from my bank account when I should still have free miles until August.
Annoying, as I’ve been using the Supercharger because I’m on nights and was unable to charge the car during cheap E7 rates.

Reactions: Mark_T