Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious. What do you guys think is the efficiency difference between the Y and the 150?

Say the Y gets 42 mph on a 48A charger. How many mph do you think the F150 gets if we were to assume the same Amps? I know the answer but I'm curious what the consensus is.

Fine, I'll go with 19.5. :cool:
@phantasms In going with that number and using a 12% hit for charging inefficiencies, that would mean they need ~156kWh of usable storage for 300 miles of range. If they have 10% buffers that would mean close to a 170kWh pack.

maybe if you bought assets that appreciated with your apparently limited funds rather than depreciating assets like fancy teslas you'd be in a position to afford a 750k home. J/S
Priorities. 😁

25E6406A-9E22-4C88-A8EC-C20C53C0FD2A.jpeg

Looks like they released pricing and range details or it got leaked:

When it’s not towing anything, Ford targets a 230-mile range for the standard Lightning and a range of 300 miles for the extended-range model. You’ll also be able to use the truck’s lithium-ion battery—the size of which has not yet been revealed—to charge power tools and as a generator. That’s something that F-150 Hybrid owners in Texas learned can be a godsend in times of need. Topping up the truck at home should also be a breeze thanks to an included 80-amp charging station that can add an average of 30 miles of range per hour and fully charge the truck from 15 to 100 percent in roughly eight hours. On the road, you’ll be able to add 54 miles in 10 minutes using a DC fast charger, and go from a 15- to 80-percent charge in about 40 minutes.

Although an official date has yet to be announced, the F-150 Lightning is expected to arrive in dealerships during the middle of next year. The automaker did announce that the standard-range model will start at $39,974, before any federal or state tax credits, while pricing for the mid-range model begins at $52,974. We’re still waiting for more info on different trim levels or a launch edition, so don’t be surprised if it ends up costing a bit more when it first goes on sale.