Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MD-2000 and @lightfoot3b, pics of actual digging in the ground is preferred for actual construction "started" status if someone can update those either here or in the FB group. Pic attached courtesy of one of the ND FB groups.

Still worth notifying @Chuq, @BlueShift, @tes-s, and @MarcoRP of the status so they are aware.

Sure, but I don't post other people's pictures. If I didn't take them or have explicit permission to post them I won't as they come from a private group. I also know that those who follow the ND posts know I/We haven't posted anything false :)

Reactions: JustinG
Here are the pics I've been posting to our internal group. One thing that's different is Tesla now seems to be using preformed concrete bases to accelerate the deployment of the chargers. These pictures we taken October 20th, 2019 (with the exception of the first photo taken on the 18th, which was before they backfilled).

IMG_20191018_172302 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191020_174113 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191020_174122 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191020_174139 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191020_174158 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191020_174211 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191020_174221 - Copy.jpg

Here are the pics I've been posting to our internal group. One thing that's different is Tesla now seems to be using preformed concrete bases to accelerate the deployment of the chargers. These pictures we taken October 20th, 2019 (with the exception of the first photo taken on the 18th, which was before they backfilled).

View attachment 468467 View attachment 468468 View attachment 468469 View attachment 468470 View attachment 468471 View attachment 468472 View attachment 468473
Yippee-do-wah! However, I dont exactly understand how Tesla is expecting people to park on the vertical stall, unless they are planning for it to have a bigger backstop.

View attachment 468467 View attachment 468468 View attachment 468469 View attachment 468470 View attachment 468471 View attachment 468472 View attachment 468473
Good info, but wait, what? How are the stalls going to be configured? The pedestal mount locations make no sense. It seems that they will pave over the grass to make new stalls that didn't previously exist. Where will the stalls be considering the light pole location? What's going to happen with that sidewalk?

I think we need some more pictures as things progress.

I assume the orange paint indicates the extent of the new curb and pavement which will go all the way up to these chargers from where the green bin sits. (Clever of Casey's to get Tesla to pay for the minor increase in the parking lot...) I assume this means they are adding parking spots where there was once just a driveway past it, so not taking away parking to create charger spots - good plan.

Not clear what's with the sideways pedestal. I see a few others like this n other sites, but usually the odd one is right out at the other need of the parking spot, meaning someone with a trailer could just pull in forward instead of backing in... but in this case, probably wouldn't have worked because the trailer would block the driveway?

Off topic - a bit: For the folks that travel I-29 south from Fargo, where do you charge before you get to Omaha. I am planning a trip to Texas and will do so after Winnipeg gets lit up. Figure I will have to spend the night at Elements to get fully charged if the SuC in Fargo isn't up & running..
If it works better, send me a PM.
Thanks

Off topic - a bit: For the folks that travel I-29 south from Fargo, where do you charge before you get to Omaha. I am planning a trip to Texas and will do so after Winnipeg gets lit up. Figure I will have to spend the night at Elements to get fully charged if the SuC in Fargo isn't up & running..
If it works better, send me a PM.
Thanks
From Winnipeg, I top off at the Best Western in Grand Forks and stay overnight at The Element in Fargo. I can make it to Sioux Falls from there (at the higher South Dakota speed limit), then Council Bluffs IA (not actually Omaha). I've done that in 1.5 round trips but only in the summer, so not sure how cold weather affects things. Your car will likely have similar range.

If you are doubtful about range (like I was for 0.5 of a round trip), go Winnipeg to overnight at Grand Forks, then Timberlake hotel in Staples MN (if needed) and supercharge along I-35 instead of I-29.

I hear that there is a Chademo in Moorhead but I've never used it.

From Winnipeg, I top off at the Best Western in Grand Forks and stay overnight at The Element in Fargo. I can make it to Sioux Falls from there (at the higher South Dakota speed limit), then Council Bluffs IA (not actually Omaha). I've done that in 1.5 round trips but only in the summer, so not sure how cold weather affects things. Your car will likely have similar range.

If you are doubtful about range (like I was for 0.5 of a round trip), go Winnipeg to overnight at Grand Forks, then Timberlake hotel in Staples MN (if needed) and supercharge along I-35 instead of I-29.

I hear that there is a Chademo in Moorhead but I've never used it.
The chademo in Morehead works great and is free

• Informative
Reactions: Manitoba Keith
Thanks to all that replied. Looks like I will be borrowing a CHAdeMO and should be able to make it to Sioux Falls SuC by using it and then south to McAllen/Weslaco using Tesla SuC.
Don't miss the SpaceX facility in Boca Chica. You can't get into anything but you can see Starhopper 10 feet away from your car and Starship about 50 ft away. You can stop and take pictures. The workers wave if you have a Tesla.

There is another location in McGregor TX but you can only see pads and buildings through the chain link fence.

Don't miss the SpaceX facility in Boca Chica. You can't get into anything but you can see Starhopper 10 feet away from your car and Starship about 50 ft away. You can stop and take pictures. The workers wave if you have a Tesla.

There is another location in McGregor TX but you can only see pads and buildings through the chain link fence.
Yes, I will go to Boca Chica. Have been there before but not since SpaceX located there. I just love saying the name!

Reactions: IdaX and GaryW