Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been by this in the past week? Anything new?

Realistically, I'd put money on the fact that until the TransCanada (Completely built and ready to go today) is powered up, there won't be anything significant happening in Montana or North Dakota.

Personally, I want it all. I regularly suffer across the Canada (though PetroCanada has made it better now) and down south from Winnipeg and Calgary. So I'm not jealous or bitter, I'm just stating that with stuff complete, its a reasonable assumption that it'll be done before starting on more right next to it.

Sorry.

Realistically, I'd put money on the fact that until the TransCanada (Completely built and ready to go today) is powered up, there won't be anything significant happening in Montana or North Dakota.

Personally, I want it all. I regularly suffer across the Canada (though PetroCanada has made it better now) and down south from Winnipeg and Calgary. So I'm not jealous or bitter, I'm just stating that with stuff complete, its a reasonable assumption that it'll be done before starting on more right next to it.

Sorry.
That might make sense if it was the same people doing the work in both countries, but it's not. I'm certainly of the camp that all the US V3 sites that had been sitting idle were waiting for hardware until the Canadian ones got finished. But the TCH is done now as far as hardware is concerned. And a handful of V3 sites in the US have now gotten their hardware and opened within the last few weeks--Metter, GA; Nashville, TN; Ehrenberg, AZ; Red Bluff, CA; etc. The fact that I-94 sites are still waiting for their gear is just due to limited supply and Tesla prioritizing other US sites. There's no reason to think that there's any further connection to the TCH project now that all those locations have their gear.

That might make sense if it was the same people doing the work in both countries, but it's not. I'm certainly of the camp that all the US V3 sites that had been sitting idle were waiting for hardware until the Canadian ones got finished. But the TCH is done now as far as hardware is concerned. And a handful of V3 sites in the US have now gotten their hardware and opened within the last few weeks--Metter, GA; Nashville, TN; Ehrenberg, AZ; Red Bluff, CA; etc. The fact that I-94 sites are still waiting for their gear is just due to limited supply and Tesla prioritizing other US sites. There's no reason to think that there's any further connection to the TCH project now that all those locations have their gear.
I agree with this. However, with Tesla not digging the Jamestown, Grand Forks and Pembina sites, will they just wait for spring on all of ND? I really hope that is not the case. At a minimum, since Tesla usually doesn't like to leave SC isolated, I'd like to see Fargo and Alexandria be complete ASAP.

I agree with this. However, with Tesla not digging the Jamestown, Grand Forks and Pembina sites, will they just wait for spring on all of ND? I really hope that is not the case. At a minimum, since Tesla usually doesn't like to leave SC isolated, I'd like to see Fargo and Alexandria be complete ASAP.
Tesla started a good number of V3 locations before they had the equipment available, not just those on the TCH and I-94. All of those sites are in basically the same state as Alexandria and the ND/MT locations, i.e. ground work finished. So, depending on how they decide to distribute the gear as it becomes available, it will be longer or shorter before any site or group of sites gets theirs.

I don't remember which thread it was in, but someone in the last 2 weeks or so posted a picture of the nameplate on a newly installed V3 cabinet at one of the US locations. It showed the equipment manufacture date as November 2019. I took this to mean that Tesla has zero stockpile of V3 equipment at the moment. I.e. The speed of the roll out is still entirely dictated by the production line speed. Sites aren't waiting for gear because Tesla is holding off on completing them for extraneous reasons. It's all about triage right now.

And... The newly installed superchargers in Canada seem to be having technical difficulties (Winnipeg, Regina, Sault Ste Marie, etc). The question is whether these problems are related to cold weather. Time will tell... So we up north are your guinea pigs for now. Perhaps you'll get the working versions of the hardware ... soon.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
And... The newly installed superchargers in Canada seem to be having technical difficulties (Winnipeg, Regina, Sault Ste Marie, etc). The question is whether these problems are related to cold weather. Time will tell... So we up north are your guinea pigs for now. Perhaps you'll get the working versions of the hardware ... soon.
I don't think the weather or v3 are to blame. We've seen this at various v2 Superchargers all over the US over the past few years. Typically someone will find the Supercharger location is online and is working (at least partially) before Tesla officially lists it as being online. During the first few days or weeks, things don't always work 100%. Once Tesla officially lists it online and in the car, things can be expected to work as normal.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart