Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fargo, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to all that replied. Looks like I will be borrowing a CHAdeMO and should be able to make it to Sioux Falls SuC by using it and then south to McAllen/Weslaco using Tesla SuC.

Funny. That’s literally the first trip I ever made in my car. I picked it up in Calgary, late Dec 2017, packed it, and drove to Weslaco. It was a horrible trip down. Learned about range mode by freezing in the car with my wife. Learned to charge it before going to sleep for the night. Learned basically everything I needed to know about Electric cars on that trip. Nastiest learning curve ever. But the learning curve was mostly climbed in those few days.

Two weeks ago I took it to LA. Third major (10000+ km) trip. Went smooth and easy. I love traveling in the Tesla now.

Reactions: hgpayne
Hi All - my first TMC post. We got our Model 3 AWD LR in July here in Winnipeg and made many trips to Kenora over the summer. Had L1 charging out there so no range worries.

Now planning our biannual trip to Fargo this weekend and hoping to take the M3. The forecast looks colder than normal -and we will have Nokian Hakkepolitas installed. Any suggestions? Stop in Grand Forks for some L2 top up? Is the supercharger in Fargo now up and running?

Thanks!

Reactions: IdaX and RedSafari
Hi All - my first TMC post. We got our Model 3 AWD LR in July here in Winnipeg and made many trips to Kenora over the summer. Had L1 charging out there so no range worries.

Now planning our biannual trip to Fargo this weekend and hoping to take the M3. The forecast looks colder than normal -and we will have Nokian Hakkepolitas installed. Any suggestions? Stop in Grand Forks for some L2 top up? Is the supercharger in Fargo now up and running?

Thanks!
It won't be up and running for your trip. I would just arrange destination charging in Fargo and drive slowly. But you should have some L2 options along the way for back up for sure.

Just watch your consumption, and you'll know soon enough. If you're able to keep it under 200 Wh/km, you could make it on a full charge. Personally, I'd juice up in Grand Forks for a couple hours at the Best Western (10 kW L2) to keep your SoC up

Just watch your consumption, and you'll know soon enough. If you're able to keep it under 200 Wh/km, you could make it on a full charge. Personally, I'd juice up in Grand Forks for a couple hours at the Best Western (10 kW L2) to keep your SoC up

Thanks for the kind advice and offer of Chademo loan. Its looking like for this trip because of time constraints we're going to ICE it.

I know my wife can barely tolerate the 20 minute sessions... When we took HER Buick last week, we drove to Mpls @ 75 mph and didn't fill until an hour back from the city. My last trip with my '3' was a bit stressful since I had to slow down to 70 to make it to Clearwater due to the colder temps. Looking forward to Alex coming online.

I know my wife can barely tolerate the 20 minute sessions... When we took HER Buick last week, we drove to Mpls @ 75 mph and didn't fill until an hour back from the city. My last trip with my '3' was a bit stressful since I had to slow down to 70 to make it to Clearwater due to the colder temps. Looking forward to Alex coming online.

-Useful advice-
Look around the area and find stuff to do. Shopping, food, etc. Don’t just sit in the car. Get out and move around, so you arrive more rested having had a break.

The trips are different. Acknowledge it and be clear about the benefit of each. You (likely) have a BBQ and an microwave. Both heat food. But nobody calls the microwave useless when steaks come out mast, just like nobody complains about the BBQ when you heat a bag of popcorn and end up with unpopped, burnt kernels. There are times where petroleum is better. But there are AT LEAST as many times where electricity is better.

-Less helpful advice-
If you preheat the gas car inside the garage for 10 or 15 minutes, and you’ll be quickly having a discussion about the weaknesses of burning gas.

Leave a few articles laying around about the dangers of sitting for extended periods of time, and then start asking to stop to stretch your legs ever couple of hours when you’re in the gas job.

• Informative
Reactions: lensovet
Does anyone have an update on construction at Fargo? Thanks in advance!
In all seriousness, nothing new on the Fargo SC. The rumor is all available equipment is going to Canada to finish the trans-Canada highway SCs first. Then North Dakota will be built out. I'm pissed that they didn't do the groundwork at Jamestown because it's a long 200 miles from Fargo to Bismarck in winter.

In all seriousness, nothing new on the Fargo SC. The rumor is all available equipment is going to Canada to finish the trans-Canada highway SCs first. Then North Dakota will be built out. I'm pissed that they didn't do the groundwork at Jamestown because it's a long 200 miles from Fargo to Bismarck in winter.
You'll probably be more pissed when they decide not to open any of them until spring.

• Funny
Reactions: lensovet
329AE7D2-F53F-42C4-8B54-DF0FF74F7C1B.jpeg
73ADED34-B93D-47B0-A251-88A8EDDC573D.jpeg