Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features we didn't know we wanted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a charge point can do is signal to the car what the maximum AC current availability is, by varying the duty cycle of the Control Pilot signal. The charger(s) in the car then have to modulate the charge current drawn so that it is always within the maximum current that's been signalled. All charge current modulation is done by the charger(s) in the car, not the charge point.

Yes. I knew that.

The Tesla charger(s) seem to take several seconds to respond to a change in the maximum available current signal, so for days where excess solar generation fluctuates a bit, from passing clouds or variations in demand in the house, I found that the charger(s) weren't doing a great job of tracking.

...but I did not know this.

Thank you for the information.

I'd like the facility to load Revenue Generation (Speed) Cameras as POI with a clear warning of cameras in the cabin.

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember there being a bit of regulation that forced the removal of speed camera locations from sat nav displays. I remember this being discussed on another forum, around the time it was rolled out several years ago. IIRC, the nav system in question originally showed speed camera locations, but an update removed them, causing a fair bit of angst, and advice to others to not use the update because of this. I may be wrong, as this was probably about 8 or 9 years ago, some time before 2013.

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember there being a bit of regulation that forced the removal of speed camera locations from sat nav displays. I remember this being discussed on another forum, around the time it was rolled out several years ago. IIRC, the nav system in question originally showed speed camera locations, but an update removed them, causing a fair bit of angst, and advice to others to not use the update because of this. I may be wrong, as this was probably about 8 or 9 years ago, some time before 2013.

I don’t think that can be right. A friend gave me a lift in his Range Rover about a month ago and he was getting camera warnings. Plus you get them on google maps, waze and the like.

Given that the facility already exists for a birds eye view when in drive & stationary, I would like this when reverse parking

wTpJ5Yl.jpg

Or software could be used to detect the country the car is in and remove the POI layer as required by law. Out Toyota has revenue generation camera locations loaded by default.

Probably could now, but the issue I remember was around 10 to 12 years ago, I think with the TomTom system integrated into the Sony head unit fitted to the car I then owned. I remember that it was flagged up on a discussion group at the time, with workarounds suggested to get the camera locations back.

I don't know if you already know this, but you can get wall chargers with this functionality. They turn the charge current up and down so the car absorbs the power, which you would otherwise have sent out on the grid.

This is an example:
Solar Box - Solar Box - E-Mobility - Products
Thanks for that. Very interesting. That they don't actually list the prices is always scary!

Sadly the horse has bolted. We've got a Tesla wall charger already installed. Not about to splash out simply to avoid that inconvenience. And as soon as we install one of those Solar Box things, Elon will decide to give us the ability to adjust it right in the app!

• Love
Reactions: RW2108
Thanks for that. Very interesting. That they don't actually list the prices is always scary!

Sadly the horse has bolted. We've got a Tesla wall charger already installed. Not about to splash out simply to avoid that inconvenience. And as soon as we install one of those Solar Box things, Elon will decide to give us the ability to adjust it right in the app!

The horse can go back in the stable with one of these: Earthwise Products we use it to heat the immersion heater with surplus solar energy. It works well.