Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features we didn't know we wanted?

MaDProFF

Jul 26, 2019
East Sussex
There are a load of things that need fixing, in software, one that bug's me atm, if I park up and sit in the car the head lights will stay on for like ever, (They do eventually turn off) I have to manually turn the off every time. Cannot find a way to change it.

Another one is if I stop to pick someone up, still in drive they open there door after I have unlocked it, but no interior light comes on, even for the side that is getting in.

The List is endless

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Another one is if I stop to pick someone up, still in drive they open there door after I have unlocked it, but no interior light comes on, even for the side that is getting in.

Urm, stick it in park.

We had someone local who left their car in drive when they opened their car door. There is now a memorial plaque at that spot to mark that event.

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
upload_2020-12-24_14-8-31.png

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
Putting car in park makes no difference. Headlights stay on

Have you tried turning off the exit setting as per the manual:
  • Headlights after Exit: If on, the headlights remain on when you stop driving and park Model 3 in low lighting conditions. They automatically turn o after one minute or when you lock Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: M3-Newbie

MaDProFF

Jul 26, 2019
East Sussex
Thanks Adopado, will try that, but they do not turn off after one minute at present, thy turn off when you leave the car, not while you are sitting in it, it could be 10/15 minutes before they turn off.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC