Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading Standards & Park Assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You still don’t get it - no opposing views were invited, it’s not a debate thread about Tesla’s R&D approach or the correct philosophical view Tesla owners should take on their cars. Not sure how you don’t get that.

I stopped replying to that BoopBop guy as it’s a waste of time, such is the level of delusion / ignorance.

Lastly, I posted my findings on the latest TV release as it directly impacts the original topic. Now that it’s here and many people are mid-claim, how does it affect said claims given that it’s ’non parity’ 😆 to quote Tesla’s own T&Cs.

I personally think they rushed TV out so they could technically / legally avoid claims or at the very least buy them another year or so to fix it.

More cynical nonsense from Tesla.
Ok...let’s not talk cars....but my opinion is that we are becoming a more and more litigious society...and it’s not for the better....please take responsibility for your own actions and don’t contribute to the nanny state where only civil servants and lawyers thrive

That‘d make sense if you believe they’re taking things like radar and USS away purely for cost reasons vs. the fact they realised that the features they tried to make work with them don’t and so are moving to a better vision based system instead.

As you admit yourself Autopark is crap and always has been. Even with radar and USS installed. Same for summon etc. The guy who posted a pic the other week of his bumper with USS and a massive scrape in the paint from smacking in to something proves they’re not infallible either. The whole point of moving to vision only is that they see a path to making it great, which they don’t see with the multi sensor approach. Unfortunately some people like to look for the bad in everything.
To be fair, 2 years ago Elon said if High Res Radar was available he'd use that +Vision. At that point vision was out-performing the low res radar. So they went away and invented a high res radar.

Reactions: WyoDude
Mod - thread closed - if the complaint to trading stamdards isn't in by now, it should be,. The OP can let me know the outcome and I'll reopen the thread.

There are enough other threads on the topic if people want to continue, just remember the site rules about personal attacks being not permitted. If you can't discuss a point without getting personal, and thats by either side of the argument, then there are a vairety of actions that can be taken by the site.

• Love
Reactions: Zedbox and CWT3LR
Status
Not open for further replies.