Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading Standards & Park Assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not as sexy a scandal (it is scandalous) as the great FSD rip-off but is there a case to be made against a manufacturer offering a car with ‘Parking Assistance’ that is delivered with exactly zero assistance? Yes, we know they say it’s coming but we know that could be never and even if it comes a year late - that’s a year of ownership without it and that should still have a cost involved.

As the feature is wrapped up in a bunch of other hardware / software, it’s hard to isolate what the cost is. BMW charges £270 for parking sensors but the visual based assistance option is much more than that.

NOTE: If you want to tell me to learn how to park, be patient or quit moaning etc just move along - the question is clear and specific.

I purchased the EAP when I got the vehicle and didn’t get the USS. I’ve logged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman because Tesla aren’t able to provide a firm timing (or even a window!) of when it will transition fully to Tesla Vision.
Did you accept the vehicle knowing that USS and parking assist were not active.
If so I don't see that you have any chance.

But the issue is not lack of USS anymore. That’s a scandal but their wriggle out is that they’re replacing them with TV.

The grievance is, no replacement is forthcoming and no window of when it will be.

You can’t offer / sell / charge for something that you aren’t delivering and can’t say when you will - and they did and are offering / selling / charging people for parking assistance and more and not delivering.

That’s just BS. Just don’t offer it?

Reactions: CWT3LR
But the issue is not lack of USS anymore. That’s a scandal but their wriggle out is that they’re replacing them with TV.

The grievance is, no replacement is forthcoming and no window of when it will be.

You can’t offer / sell / charge for something that you aren’t delivering and can’t say when you will - and they did and are offering / selling / charging people for parking assistance and more and not delivering.

That’s just BS. Just don’t offer it?
Like FSD?

Reactions: boombap
Yes I had to click to accept delivery of the vehicle without USS but it was based on the fact the statement clearly said that it would be available “in the near future”. Legally, there is a case to answer about what that means. It is reasonable to think that near future is months rather than years. All I’m asking for from Tesla in terms of a resolution is clarity on the timing to implement Tesla Vision.

Someone has to have a debate about Time perception - Wikipedia What a reasonable person might consider the ‘near future’.

Context is important. An investor asking when nuclear fusion will be commercially viable, they might be told the ‘near future’, the expectation being 5 years.

When will the house sale go through? Near future = months.

When will the old lady in hospital pass away? Near future = days/weeks.

How long do people keep a car for on average? Most new cars are sold within 4 years (https://www.racfoundation.org/wp-co...p-in-great-britain-leibling-171008-report.pdf P11). Typical car lease? 3 years.

So reasonable in the context? Personally, near future is 3-6 months.

Also consider Anticipatory Breach. Isn’t Tesla already adding them back in on HW4?
I think it's not so much the case that they are adding ultrasonics back with HW4, rather than it's the S/X that is getting HW4 first - and those never had ultrasonics taken away.

Even Tesla doesn't have the front to remove $113 of parts from $120k+ cars.

I was lucky in that I accepted a car earlier then expected so got USS. However I wasn't told when in the showroom that both cruise control and auto wipers were beta, so I couldn't expect them to work properly. I have seriously considered rejecting the car based on these and a number of other issues, but no idea what I would get instead. My question would be what are you wanting from this? Tesla to fix the situation, or money back, or just acknowledgement they need to change their practices? Can Tesla be forced to refund part of the costs? I have no idea how stuff like this works hence my probably basic questions

My question would be what are you wanting from this? Tesla to fix the situation, or money back, or just acknowledgement they need to change their practices? Can Tesla be forced to refund part of the costs? I have no idea how stuff like this works hence my probably basic questions
I would want formal acknowledgement of the issue and some kind of tangible gesture - money / free charging etc. As far as what we could get - that's what we'll find out.

I thought the S and X had lost USS as well. I'm sure I have seen photos
They can't remove USS just from the 3 and Y but leave them on pricier models as this is tantamount to admitting that a system including USS is superior.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Status
Not open for further replies.