Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading Standards & Park Assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it...people want the very latest technology and then complain it isn’t like their old ice car...so they complain to the government
that is not the case.

tesla provides technology I want (battery, charging and electric motors) but cannot deliver bare minimum you expect from the car costing more than 20k by default.
you can try to defend or whatever.

at this moment it sounds like there are some voice of reason, telling that guys, this is BAD.. and you get some blind elonites who receive the car with triange wheels and the trying to prove that this is all good and it should be like that.

that is not the case.

tesla provides technology I want (battery, charging and electric motors) but cannot deliver bare minimum you expect from the car costing more than 20k by default.
you can try to defend or whatever.

at this moment it sounds like there are some voice of reason, telling that guys, this is BAD.. and you get some blind elonites who receive the car with triange wheels and the trying to prove that this is all good and it should be like that.
The car evolves...I signed on for the ride.

The car evolves...I signed on for the ride.
evolves?!
Evolution is an improvement (I would expect).

when radar was removed from AP, my top speed on AP was reduced and minimum follow distance was increased. at the same time the TACC follow became more frantic (meaning - it started to stop and accelerate more aggressively.

How the fcuk is that an improvement?

evolves?!

when radar was removed from AP, my top speed on AP was reduced and minimum follow distance was increased. at the same time the TACC follow became more frantic (meaning - it started to stop and accelerate more aggressively.

If you were doing 90mph on autopilot you were breaking the law anyway to be fair. Gotta have a better argument than than BUT MY ROBOT WONT SPEED.

That‘d make sense if you believe they’re taking things like radar and USS away purely for cost reasons vs. the fact they realised that the features they tried to make work with them don’t and so are moving to a better vision based system instead.

As you admit yourself Autopark is crap and always has been. Even with radar and USS installed. Same for summon etc. The guy who posted a pic the other week of his bumper with USS and a massive scrape in the paint from smacking in to something proves they’re not infallible either. The whole point of moving to vision only is that they see a path to making it great, which they don’t see with the multi sensor approach. Unfortunately some people like to look for the bad in everything.
Autopark was CRAP not because USS (because USS detects obstacles only) - but because of stupid implementation by tesla.

2015 mondeo had 1 camera (in front) which was used for speed limot anf front ligt (for AHB) detection only. It had USS only.
It parked automatically (paralel or perperdicular) with 100% accuracy.
Like this with 100% accuracy.

This is 65 reg (so almost 8 year old) car, which as new cost 27k - half of model 3.

It never "did not detect lines" or something. It worked flawlesly.

So how hard can it be?

If you were doing 90mph on autopilot you were breaking the law anyway to be fair. Gotta have a better argument than than BUT MY ROBOT WONT SPEED.

When you drive autoban (or OTHER COUNTRIES than UK exist, and they might have ) you might want to have AP enabled. Previously you could have it at 90 mph. You cannot anymore.
at the same time you might be in the traffiic and you might want to have distance 1 in these situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
evolves?!

You knew that Tesla is transitioning to camera based artificial intelligence....these developments don’t come easily....we are early adopters...we are supposed to be helping. The first people who bought motorcars quickly realized that horses were cheaper, more reliable and sometimes quicker...they still stuck with it because the future beckoned

You knew that Tesla is transitioning to camera based artificial intelligence....these developments don’t come easily....we are early adopters...we are supposed to be helping. The first people who bought motorcars quickly realized that horses were cheaper, more reliable and sometimes quicker...they still stuck with it because the future beckoned
I knew?

What, I can read minds? No, if course I did not know. For me like for most in this forum that change from radar to TV was a surprise.

Early adopters were in 2016 with model S and 2018 with model 3. Not in 2022 ;))

Personally I’m tired of the rhetoric that goes along the lines of buyers should know…AI is difficult… earlier adopters etc etc.

Earlier adopters stopped a long time ago, Tesla make 1.5 million cars or more a year.

How hard something is to do is no concern of the buyer, if a seller offers you something for a price, you can expect to get it at a suitable quality. This is the foundation of consumer law.

Talking about motorbikes and horses is frankly patronising

And this has resulted in being tired of the same people making the same complaints in response.

There are two opposing view points, neither are going to shift, so repeating the argument isn’t going to change anything. I therefore repeat the post I’ve made earlier that this thread is about raising a formal complaint via trading standards, it’s not about presenting a counter argument, there are plenty of other threads for that if you must say it again for the 100th time.

Please stay on topic

Until Tesla put a big disclaimer on their website, people can be forgiven for the vehicle not meeting their expectations eg

IMPORTANT - Our cars are still work in progress. They are unfinished but with our over the air updates we strive to get a car finished to the level that you may expect from past experience within the lifetime of your car ownership/finance plan.

We admit though, we do not always achieve this. We often underestimate how hard it is to achieve something, or how long it is going to take us to deliver something, or may not even deliver something that we promised and you paid for because we found it too hard or could not be bothered to finish. But please be patient, we are often working on something completely different and not relevant for your vehicle, so this may take longer than you find reasonable, or even sell/return your car before any benefit can be had from the feature.

But please be rest assured. Our cars should not be compared to other premium brands. Our cars are no longer a premium brand car. We are a medium quality car manufacturer of cars that just happen to have a very expensive battery and occasional quality control and service issues. So please do not expect the same level of quality and car that you might from other premium car manufacturers. They are in a different league to us.

Please however do not complain to us. There are plenty of online forums and websites run by Tesla shareholders who will tell you that if you do not understand this that you should return it and buy something different.

Personally I’m tired of the rhetoric that goes along the lines of buyers should know…AI is difficult… earlier adopters etc etc.

Earlier adopters stopped a long time ago, Tesla make 1.5 million cars or more a year.

How hard something is to do is no concern of the buyer, if a seller offers you something for a price, you can expect to get it at a suitable quality. This is the foundation of consumer law.

Talking about motorbikes and horses is frankly patronising.

And this has resulted in being tired of the same people making the same complaints in response.

There are two opposing view points, neither are going to shift, so repeating the argument isn’t going to change anything. I therefore repeat the post I’ve made earlier that this thread is about raising a formal complaint via trading standards, it’s not about presenting a counter argument, there are plenty of other threads for that if you must say it again for the 100th time.

Please stay on topic

The below quote was the first one by the OP who put this post after this thread was reopened. This above thread has nothing to do with the initial claim the OP had put in. The fact is OP had put in a claim and then go around moaning about different things to provoke people on this forum. I expect a little more fairness when there are opposing views rather than just clipping one view because the moderator doesn’t like that fact (not view).

• Informative
Reactions: boombap
Amusing update.

So vision based assistance is here - I did a first quick test.

I started to pull out of my drive way and made sure to steer toward the lamppost which is just off my driveway. The system doesn’t recognise it at all, no matter how close I get, even if I steer into it. In this case TV should be better than USS as there are cameras pointing right at that lamppost.

View attachment 924113
View attachment 924112

For more lols, I backed up to my garage doors and did get some distance readings. It said 17” to the doors which looked about right - if you ignore the basketball stand 😆

View attachment 924115

So kind of next to useless and that’s on a dry clear day with pre-cleaned cameras. I have to say, I’m not REMOTELY surprised. As far as I’m concerned, this changes nothing with people’s claims and frustrations.

I’m sure it’ll get ‘better’ but why do I have to pay for a feature and wait a full year for it to be just functional? I’m not a guinea pig.

The below quote was the first one by the OP who put this post after this thread was reopened. This above thread has nothing to do with the initial claim the OP had put in. The fact is OP had put in a claim and then go around moaning about different things to provoke people on this forum. I expect a little more fairness when there are opposing views rather than just clipping one view because the moderator doesn’t like that fact (not view).

You still don’t get it - no opposing views were invited, it’s not a debate thread about Tesla’s R&D approach or the correct philosophical view Tesla owners should take on their cars. Not sure how you don’t get that.

I stopped replying to that BoopBop guy as it’s a waste of time, such is the level of delusion / ignorance.

Lastly, I posted my findings on the latest TV release as it directly impacts the original topic. Now that it’s here and many people are mid-claim, how does it affect said claims given that it’s ’non parity’ 😆 to quote Tesla’s own T&Cs.

I personally think they rushed TV out so they could technically / legally avoid claims or at the very least buy them another year or so to fix it.

More cynical nonsense from Tesla.

To pretend than electric vehicles (especially this side of the pond) are not in their infancy is a bit disingenuous....add the very new technology of artificial intelligence to the mix....and the result is...actually pretty darn great! and what’s more it’s improving (even if you don’t change your car every year)....so...my advice ?...suck it up
BASIC parking features, working wipers and MINIMAL customer service etc are not in their infancy.

What’s with all the masochists on here deary me…

Status
Not open for further replies.