Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.44.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
44 was a pretty buggy release for me across the board. Even had NoA crash on me going 70 on a freeway. Thankfully I was paying attention and instantly took control of the car but hopefully .10 fixed that issue or I might be done with autopilot for awhile.

Nope went to 44 to 44.10.1 and it’s sooooooo buggy. Never had all these issues before ever with any updates.
Charger wouldn’t unlock from my wall charger
Getting “take control” alert on the highway non stop with no vehicles around and even with AP not engaged. Freaked me out a few times now, I just turned off every assistant option now under settings.

• Disagree
  • Helpful
Reactions: preilly44 and X Fan
Nope went to 44 to 44.10.1 and it’s sooooooo buggy. Never had all these issues before ever with any updates.
Getting “take control” alert on the highway non stop with no vehicles around and even with AP not engaged. Freaked me out a few times now, I just turned off every assistant option now under settings.
Yeh I had that charger won't unlock thing too on 44

So 44.10.1 is more buggy than previous versions? If so, this is good information to have. Thanks

Dan

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
I think some people are misunderstanding what the Set Current Speed option is for. It's an option that many of us have been asking for. In almost all other cars, and the model S and X, when you engage cruise control the speed is set to the speed you are going. No matter what the posted speed limit is. This setting returns that simple functionality to the model 3 and Y for those who want it. So one doesn't have to screw around with offsets or whatever.

For instance, where I live, there are several school zones that are pretty long, and the cops can be overly zealous about enforcing them sometimes. The car thinks it's a 45 mph street, it doesn't read the school zone 15 mph speed limit signs. It's just easier to slow down, do a quick set into TACC and stay at 15 mph than worry about it.

It has nothing to do with anything that happens after you engage TACC/AP, it only affects (or rather, doesn't affect) the speed you are going when you engage it.

The school zones are indeed the biggest thing for me as to why I needed this. I like to set TACC to 20 MPH in the school zone so that the cops don't have reason for a pull-over, but was nearly impossible to do previously. Click the lever, speed gets set to 40 MPH, then have to emergency spin the thumbwheel downwards to drop the set speed quick enough so that the car doesn't speed up too much. So this setting is an extremely welcome addition.

But get this: I discovered you can get the best of both worlds this morning.

1. Put the setting on "Speed Limit".
2. Choose your speed limit offset (I have mine set to Fixed, +5 MPH).
3. Now change the setting to "Current Speed".

Now, when driving, you can actually select what the behavior will be.

1. If you want to set to current speed, just push downward on the drive lever briefly. TACC will set the speed limit to the current speed.
2. If you want to set to your speed limit + offset, push downward on the drive lever to the first detent and hold for 1 second, then release. TACC will set the speed to speed limit + offset.
3. In each case, follow up with a downward double-click to engage Autosteer.

So you can get the best of both worlds and choose what TACC will do.

Screen dims after X minutes on camp mode. Welcome for those sleeping within the car
(I don’t know how long as I ironically fell asleep)

B1D15A70-B917-4F19-B6DB-C4C90D2A1D11.jpeg

But get this: I discovered you can get the best of both worlds this morning.

1. Put the setting on "Speed Limit".
2. Choose your speed limit offset (I have mine set to Fixed, +5 MPH).
3. Now change the setting to "Current Speed".

Now, when driving, you can actually select what the behavior will be.

1. If you want to set to current speed, just push downward on the drive lever briefly. TACC will set the speed limit to the current speed.
2. If you want to set to your speed limit + offset, push downward on the drive lever to the first detent and hold for 1 second, then release. TACC will set the speed to speed limit + offset.
3. In each case, follow up with a downward double-click to engage Autosteer.

So you can get the best of both worlds and choose what TACC will do.
That is very cool! I've seen it reported this morning elsewhere, so it's probably a newly discovered behavior. It's kind of odd to me that tesla would add this weird semi-complicated additional functionality to one of the few basic controls, but there it is. I like it!

Autopilot is much better about staying centered in the lane for me with this release. For some time it’s been wandering very close to or, on gentle freeway curves, over the lane lines.

This firmware is a big improvement for me.

That is very cool! I've seen it reported this morning elsewhere, so it's probably a newly discovered behavior. It's kind of odd to me that tesla would add this weird semi-complicated additional functionality to one of the few basic controls, but there it is. I like it!

I had a leased 2015 Model S. The Model S I had used to have this functionality because it had a separate stalk specifically for the AP functions. There were multiple ways to engage TACC and autosteer, and this functionality (pull-hold to set to speed limit) was in the Model S software back then.

I've been trying it on my Model 3 for years to see if they ever put it in there, duplicating the Model S functionality. Lo and behold, it looks like they finally did.

Mine doesn’t either. Hasn’t synced over the last two updates. Everything else (I.e phone and contacts) does but no matter how many times I try to get calendar to update, nothing happens. Phone settings are per Tesla’s requirements but the calendar just doesn’t work.

Nor mine.

Also had a phantom braking in the middle of a drive in a clear lane with no cars near me. Never happened before to me.

I'm on 2020.40.10.1 right now and I've found that AP is more confident as others have mentioned, as well as better at staying in the lane. I have found that my auto wipers kinda suck this time around. Never been a big issue for me (I bought the car last year, I know it was an issue for some before that) but I drove 300 miles this morning and the auto wipers didn't want to hardly turn on at all. I reboot the car and it was still the same. Through some rain and snow. Anyone else having this issue this go around?