Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.8.1 Incoming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished the update. Have not taken the car out yet.
What is the build date on your car? I’m wondering if my 5/19 build Performance S will get the regen update as I saw this post about it.

Attachments

• C27FFEED-B206-4F9B-9FAF-A6C110881C86.png
    C27FFEED-B206-4F9B-9FAF-A6C110881C86.png
    600.5 KB · Views: 123
Just to join the club, I'm also at 2019.40.50.7. I don't think forcing anything makes sense. Slow roll-out is done for a reason, and I would more than hate to jump on a newer version just to be stuck with some nasty bug.
I'd love to get better regen however :)

CCB7AF54-741F-48D6-B62A-A3A257119B5E.jpeg
Just to join the club, I'm also at 2019.40.50.7. I don't think forcing anything makes sense. Slow roll-out is done for a reason, and I would more than hate to jump on a newer version just to be stuck with some nasty bug.
I'd love to get better regen however :)

Good point, update could be based on car componentry. And I don’t think a magic method exists forcing an update. But maybe a support ticket can shed light on the whys. “It’s normal” and “wait for it“ guessing will be their answer.

and we are in a very small club

Last edited:
I've got a December 2020 X that has the 2020.8.1 firmware and have noticed that the car no longer locks itself and turns the audio off once I exit the car and walk away. Sadly, it is not 100% of the time (about 50%), but it is something to watch out for. It leave both displays on, so be careful.

I am in Northern California SF Bay Area
2018 July MX
MCU upgraded to 3.0 in January
just upgraded to 2020.8.1 last night
1. Supposedly lists third party charging stations near you
2. Bluetooth improvements- if you are talking on your phone, the call will NOT connect to your bluetooth phone until you are seated in your drivers seat and the car is turned on. (prevents the phone from connecting to your car when you are talking outside the car)
3. Improved voice command reliability
that is all.
IMG_6059.jpeg

2020 Model X Long Range, F-type battery. Built in December 2019. I'm stuck on firmware 2019.40.50.7. I've tried online Chat and tried making a service appt, but Tesla insists that this is the most recent firmware version for my X. This is almost certainly untrue. Frustration level is getting high...

I'm on the same release (with same build date). So it's not just your car - it seems other Dec builds are not pushed yet either.